SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:51 pm

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:After installing the 4.02 update and Sound library update I lost the guitar sounds !
The Guitar sounds for Black LP show up, but have a "KS" on the left side and whn I try to open the sound it says, that I need to authorize the ST4 MAX library. But I don't have ST4 MAX but ST4.

Also Parlor L all sounds are marked as ST4 MAX sounds and need to be authorized.

Please see the 1.2 updater that was placed this morning to take care of this issue for SampleTank 4 (non-MAX/SE) users.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:52 pm

fpplan wrote:There are files that can not be downloaded.

"SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part1" and "SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part 2" were downloadable in the past. Currently, "Part 2" can not be downloaded.

I've already installed a file called "Part 2" that I downloaded when I published it, will not a problem occur?

Part 2 is redundant, thus removed. You should have no problem if you've installed it. If you run into issues please alert IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:56 pm

ExittheLemming wrote:Just one tiny niggle remains: I cannot get Cakewalk by Bandlab or Studio One to recognise the VST 2 version of SampleTank 4?

I'm not a user of either but I'm told that some DAWs do not make the VST2 available if the VST3 version IS available. I didn't hear this in context of Cakewalk by Bandlab (or Sonar as I still call it :) ) but Studio One is definitely a DAW that was mentioned in this context.

Edit - I received the full set of information from our developers:

This is normal. There’s a setting in the VST library code, which is enabled by default in our code, that basically says “if a VST3 version is available, use that”. Studio One (and possibly Cubase as well) use that setting, so if you have both VST2 and VST3, the host will hide the VST2 version.

On another note, please consider that VST2 is now completely deprecated. Steinberg stopped supporting it a few months ago and they strongly suggest using VST3 from now on.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Please note that this thread and subforum are not the IK Support ticket system. It is fine to ask questions and if you are having an issue there may be someone who knows the solution but any technical support is to be handled with IK Support officially at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

I believe it may be time to remind folks gently that the forum rules are linked at the top of each page and the guidelines for posting (including very specifically when you have a ticket already open) are posted at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:22 pm

On topic, there are 1.2 sound library updates for SampleTank 4 (non-MAX/SE) users who were having issues with guitar sounds not being authorized. Please download and install if you are a SampleTank 4 user.

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zzz00m » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
ExittheLemming wrote:Just one tiny niggle remains: I cannot get Cakewalk by Bandlab or Studio One to recognise the VST 2 version of SampleTank 4?

I'm not a user of either but I'm told that some DAWs do not make the VST2 available if the VST3 version IS available. I didn't hear this in context of Cakewalk by Bandlab (or Sonar as I still call it :) ) but Studio One is definitely a DAW that was mentioned in this context.

Edit - I received the full set of information from our developers:

This is normal. There’s a setting in the VST library code, which is enabled by default in our code, that basically says “if a VST3 version is available, use that”. Studio One (and possibly Cubase as well) use that setting, so if you have both VST2 and VST3, the host will hide the VST2 version.

On another note, please consider that VST2 is now completely deprecated. Steinberg stopped supporting it a few months ago and they strongly suggest using VST3 from now on.

Well I'll be danged Peter, you're a geeenius!!! :D

I hid the ST4 VST3 in my VST3 folder by renaming it, and restarted Studio One. Then up popped the VST2 in the instrument list!

So like you said, Studio One does give priority to the VST3, to the exclusion of the VST2.

Hmm... well at least I know both versions work now. Thanks!!!

But I believe I will heed the advice given and stick with VST3 where it works.

P.S. Cakewalk has an option to hide VST2, if the VST3 is available. It's under "VST Settings >
VST3 Migration > Hide Related VST2 Plug-ins".
zzz00m

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Well that was from our developers but I did honestly feel like it may have to do with this sort of thing because I recall a lot of discussion over the deprecation of VST2 which I have multiple opinions about :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jlatorrel » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Please lend my thanks to the developers and thanks to you also Peter, I imagine it's a lot of work to resolve in such a short time
Jlatorrel

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:38 pm

latorreccint wrote:Please lend my thanks to the developers and thanks to you also Peter, I imagine it's a lot of work to resolve in such a short time

Absolutely! Will do. I think they can get a full night's sleep now finally.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:19 pm

HI

I have noticed that the older synths sounds like samplemoog etc that the effect units do not work on them. The effects seem to be pre- determined.

Things are going to plan at the moment and I have solved a few problems of my own,but it does seem that the effects do not work on older synths as described above.
About quarter way through.

all the best
john
Last edited by silver-machine on Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
silver-machine

Postby gregory.glass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:52 am

So, 4.0.2 - IS AWESOME.

Seriously, want to give Kudos to the IK team. Install was a pain in the ass, but man this is a fabulous plug. UI is way faster than Syntronik (which always felt a little laggy), more intuitive than any other rompler (with a few minor quibbles), and most importantly, sounds absolutely fantastic.

No one calls it out, but I also love IK's unapologetic skeuomorphic design. The effects get better and better looking with each iteration, and I know it's a superficial thing, but dang I love a good looking plugin! Hoping that Amplitube 5 is going to look this good!

Good job, all - thanks for cranking out great toys for us.
gregory.glass

Postby krisindia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:14 am

Just wondering why some sounds from ST3 sound distorted in ST4, especially the Woodwinds. Is this some software glitch or some settings to be done?
krisindia

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:21 am

krisindia wrote:Just wondering why some sounds from ST3 sound distorted in ST4, especially the Woodwinds. Is this some software glitch or some settings to be done?

Although I haven't tried all the ST3 presets in ST4, I have gone through about a dozen of the Woodwinds and can't hear anything distorting or glitchy.

I suggest you open a ticket with Official IK Support for some one-to-one help.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby silver-machine » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:25 am

Hi
Does anyone know why the effect units do not work on Sonic Synth,Sampletron,Samplemoog??
I put a ticket in , but probably will not get an answer until middle of next week.
all the best
john
silver-machine

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:34 am

garfy wrote:
krisindia wrote:Just wondering why some sounds from ST3 sound distorted in ST4, especially the Woodwinds. Is this some software glitch or some settings to be done?

Although I haven't tried all the ST3 presets in ST4, I have gone through about a dozen of the Woodwinds and can't hear anything distorting or glitchy.

I suggest you open a ticket with Official IK Support for some one-to-one help.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Some of the sounds are distorted in higher notes. So not the full register is distorted, but only the upper octave
tommy@paabel.ee

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More