SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 pm

sfeger wrote:Yes, I´m Aware of that and the ST3 Folder is there. But if I try to load a ST3 Sound ST4 tries to load it from ST4 Folder and cannot locate.Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryqnd0e1o9tvs ... l.JPG?dl=0

The image helped to explain better, thanks.

It would appear that, for some reason, ST4 is looking in the wrong place. I have recreated your issue on my system, although the pathnames were different, not only with the same preset (ST 3 Pop Brass Full) but with others from ST3. Caveat to this is that I'm working on an incomplete setup (still downloading ST4 sounds :lol: ) so I'm not going to post here what I think is going on.

My suggestion would be to try some other ST3 presets if you haven't done so already and then open a ticket with official support. I shall do the same.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby sam almohanian » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:28 pm

it is time to make a private ikmultimedia download manager like steinberg and vienna libraries , i am having too many problems downloading the sounds
sam almohanian

Postby dlgebert » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:02 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi

I have sampletank max

is it safe to install the program as it seems that things are getting worse and jumbled up with a lot of people???

John,

I can't comment on Windows specifically, but 4.0.2 MAX is working as expected on my IMac. I was able to load instruments from ST4, ST3, Syntronik Deluxe, MP2 (full version), Alan Parsons Piano, American Acoustic, etc.... I am using Studio One 4 as my DAW.

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi dave
Great news that the mac is working .
I have Win 10 and hope someone comes back with more positives,then i will go ahead.

all the best
John
silver-machine

Postby fpplan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:30 pm

silver-machine wrote:Yes, I´m Aware of that and the ST3 Folder is there. But if I try to load a ST3 Sound ST4 tries to load it from ST4 Folder and cannot locate.Image

Me too.
fpplan

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Is 4.03 on the way now???
Last edited by silver-machine on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver-machine

Postby zzz00m » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:38 pm

garfy wrote:
sfeger wrote:Yes, I´m Aware of that and the ST3 Folder is there. But if I try to load a ST3 Sound ST4 tries to load it from ST4 Folder and cannot locate.Image

The image helped to explain better, thanks.

It would appear that, for some reason, ST4 is looking in the wrong place. I have recreated your issue on my system, although the pathnames were different, not only with the same preset (ST 3 Pop Brass Full) but with others from ST3. Caveat to this is that I'm working on an incomplete setup (still downloading ST4 sounds :lol: ) so I'm not going to post here what I think is going on.

My suggestion would be to try some other ST3 presets if you haven't done so already and then open a ticket with official support. I shall do the same.

I am seeing this too, and have a ticket open with support.

A workaround that I discovered that has worked for me is to first remove all library paths from the "Sound Content" list in the ST4 settings panel. Then add them back starting with the ST3 content path, followed by the ST4 content path. Then click "Close", and the database will rebuild.

After that, I have been able to load ST3 instruments again without any errors, as ST4 now sees them in their correct path location. The ST4 instruments still also load as expected.
zzz00m

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:41 pm

zzz00m wrote:A workaround that I discovered that has worked for me is to first remove all library paths from the "Sound Content" list in the ST4 settings panel. Then add them back starting with the ST3 content path, followed by the ST4 content path. Then click "Close", and the database will rebuild.

After that, I have been able to load ST3 sounds again without any errors, as ST4 now sees them in their correct location. The ST4 content also loads as expected.

This is what I was seeing as well. I was waiting until Support had confirmed with me my suspicions, but this is a workaround for the time being.
garfy

Postby wallathug » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:56 pm

I ordered back in January and paid for the USB version of ST4 MAX.
Has anyone at all received theirs yet?
Also...can i go ahead and download before hand or am i stuck waiting?
wallathug

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Hello wallathug and welcome to the forum.

I believe that the USB drives have begun to be shipped.

I would suggest that you contact Sales and Shipment Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ontact-us/ who will be able to confirm this for your order.

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby wallathug » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Yes, i already contacted via voice mail (no response) and email--this time a promise that the USBs were to be shipped early this week. And that notification of shipment would be emailed. However, it's Thursday, SEVEN days after download pre-orders were fulfilled (i realize, a mixed blessing from reading this thread)...but still no sign of USB pre-order fulfillment.

This is my first full-dive into IK products. I've dabbled with hardware and apps but this is a nestea plunge, if you will. And, to think such a major release isn't even going out for pre-orders is a little disconcerting to me.

Anyone?
wallathug

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:29 pm

It would be best to reply to your email (or Support Ticket) asking for a progress update.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:46 pm

wallathug wrote:Yes, i already contacted via voice mail (no response) and email--this time a promise that the USBs were to be shipped early this week. And that notification of shipment would be emailed. However, it's Thursday, SEVEN days after download pre-orders were fulfilled (i realize, a mixed blessing from reading this thread)...but still no sign of USB pre-order fulfillment.

This is my first full-dive into IK products. I've dabbled with hardware and apps but this is a nestea plunge, if you will. And, to think such a major release isn't even going out for pre-orders is a little disconcerting to me.

Anyone?

There are people who have received their USB versions already so the units have been shipping. Please PM your IK username and order number directly to me and I'll also check on it (also if you have a ticket number please relay that as well).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:48 pm

silver-machine wrote:Is 4.03 on the way now???

For what issues? The status thread has been updated with all issues marked fixed that were verified global issues.

There was a new updater for certain sounds added this morning (1.2 that deals with a minor issue with guitars for ST4 (non MAX or SE) users).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:49 pm

jeffcecil wrote:font problem not resolved in 4.0.2

It has been reported resolved by other users and by the testing team. Please open a ticket with IK Support to see what is happening in your case.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More