SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby dakfat » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:42 pm

I have just installed Sample Tank 4.0.2 and the sound library update. The triplicate presets have disappeared but Sample Tank 4 still crashes on me. I can play for a little while, switching between instruments, then surely enough it will just close by itself
dakfat

Postby lorne.white » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Testing out the new 4.0.2 on Windows 10. Looks good.

I still don't see any window sizing available on my Surface Pro on the standalone. There is appears to be extra screen space available. How does the algorithm work for sizing?
lorne.white

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:54 am

lorne.white wrote:Testing out the new 4.0.2 on Windows 10. Looks good.

I still don't see any window sizing available on my Surface Pro on the standalone. There is appears to be extra screen space available. How does the algorithm work for sizing?

You should be at least at 1080p resolution (which should be fine on Surface Pro) but I'll bet there's custom scaling set which may affect resizing.

If you cannot resize via the bottom right corner of the interface then I'd suggest letting IK Support know so they can assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ExittheLemming » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:55 am

Although passing a whale with the fuller figure through my reproductive organs would have proved less stressful, I finally got SampleTank 4 Max up and running. I had to install all the new content 'manually' by dragging the extracted instrument folders to the correct locations etc.
The new 4.0.2 version installer and library updater seem to take care of the triple listing issue. Despite my withering cynicism I have to say it sounds utterly fantastic and without a single dud in the entire new content collection. The pianos on their own are worth the admission price alone (breathtaking) Kudos to IK Multimedia (but please make your installation implementation more user friendly to 'computer plankton' like myself in future :D

Just one tiny niggle remains: I cannot get Cakewalk by Bandlab or Studio One to recognise the VST 2 version of SampleTank 4?
ExittheLemming

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:04 am

Hi
It is not the best installation for us minions , but it is giving me confidence that something is going well at last.
I still have not installed yet as I am still a little apprehensive. :| :shock:
silver-machine

Postby jeffcecil » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:16 am

font problem not resolved in 4.0.2
jeffcecil

Postby fpplan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 am

win10 64bit
I am installing to the default directory.

The problem that the sound source of "ST3" can not be loaded is not solved.

Even for the sound source of "ST 3" it will try to load from the directory of "ST 4".
fpplan

Postby fpplan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:01 am

There are files that can not be downloaded.

"SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part1" and "SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part 2" were downloadable in the past. Currently, "Part 2" can not be downloaded.

I've already installed a file called "Part 2" that I downloaded when I published it, will not a problem occur?
fpplan

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:20 am

After installing the 4.02 update and Sound library update I lost the guitar sounds !
The Guitar sounds for Black LP show up, but have a "KS" on the left side and whn I try to open the sound it says, that I need to authorize the ST4 MAX library. But I don't have ST4 MAX but ST4.

Also Parlor L all sounds are marked as ST4 MAX sounds and need to be authorized.
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby sfeger » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:04 am

fpplan wrote:win10 64bit

Even for the sound source of "ST 3" it will try to load from the directory of "ST 4".

The same here…
Is it neccesary to download and install the ST3 Content from the ST4 download menu although I have the ST3 library already?
sfeger

Postby dfrem59 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:57 am

hello

with SampleTank 4,02 : 'This adds KS Key Switch indicators for SampleTank 4 instruments and fixes typos on various instruments. Please download and install the Sound Library Update available in your SampleTank 4 Sounds Downloads dropdown menu.'

it's impossible use the sounds !!!! (activation SampleTank 4 max ?)

thank you for your response
dfrem59

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:33 am

sfeger wrote:

The same here…
Is it neccesary to download and install the ST3 Content from the ST4 download menu although I have the ST3 library already?

No. If you already have ST3 library installed you can point ST4 to find the directory and it will include your previous installation in the instrument browser.

If you click on Settings (gear icon, bottom right hand of main GUI) and then click the Sound Content tab, you can point ST4 to multiple locations.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby sfeger » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:01 am

garfy wrote:
sfeger wrote:

The same here…

No. If you already have ST3 library installed you can point ST4 to find the directory and it will include your previous installation in the instrument browser.

If you click on Settings (gear icon, bottom right hand of main GUI) and then click the Sound Content tab, you can point ST4 to multiple locations.

Yes, I´m Aware of that and the ST3 Folder is there. But if I try to load a ST3 Sound ST4 tries to load it from ST4 Folder and cannot locate.Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryqnd0e1o9tvs ... l.JPG?dl=0
sfeger

Postby peterle » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:04 am

I have the following configuration: Totalstudio2 Max (including ST3 max with all additional packages (see below) plus Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronic and now also sample tank 4 SE!

After updating to 4.0.2 + SampleTank 4 SE Sound Library Update (1.1) I have the following status:

+ Import instruments from ST3 work now!

- The Guitars Black LP Sounds no longer work and now require an authorization for ST4 max

- of the 87 - Regular Instruments Arpeggio - only four ST4-ARP'S continue to work. In the folder

- Regular Instruments Arpeggio - the corresponding st4i files are missing in the folder. The only one added in this patch - 80s or 90s.st4i - needs an ST4 max permission.

- The basic sounds of ST3 and Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronic also worked before the patch.
Unfortunately, the following additional packages from ST3 max are still blocked !!!! In ST3 they continue to work ... so they're unlocked!

Not Work:
- ALAN PARSONS GRAND, AMERICAN ACOUSTIC, ART DECO PIANO, BILLY COBHAM DRUMS, BRANDENBURG PIANO, CINEMATIC PERCUSSION, ELEKTRONIKA – CHILLOUT, ELEKTRONIKA - DEEP HOUSE, ELEKTRONIKA - DRUM'N'BASS, ELEKTRONIKA – HARDCORE, ELEKTRONIKA - INDIE DANCE, ELEKTRONIKA – MINIMAL, ELEKTRONIKA – TECHNO, ELEKTRONIKA - TRANCE FUTURE SYNTHS, HUGH PADGHAM DRUMS, NANOTUBE, NEIL PEART DRUMS, NRG ORCHESTRAL PERCUSSION, POWER UP TERRY BOZZIO DRUMS
peterle

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am

Hi

I have sampletank max

is it safe to install the program as it seems that things are getting worse and jumbled up with a lot of people???

I do not want to keep fiddling .
I just want to have Sampletank running and point to where things are without all this hassle that people are having.
Can anyone give me confidence?? :)

all the best
John
silver-machine

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More