SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:34 pm

ExittheLemming wrote:Thanks for the response, the only reason I ask is that IK Multimedia have previously advised earlier in the thread on 22/2/19 : (by Peter_IK)

SampleTank 4 MAX is not part of Total Studio 2 MAX. Users who purchased Total Studio 2 MAX after a certain date receive SampleTank 4 SE free per the news at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=sampletank4 -

Previous versions: Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

I just now paid $199.99 thinking I was going to receive SampleTank 4 Max (the full version) but if the above is accurate, (as I purchased Total Studio 2 Max in Oct 2018) will not even be entitled to the SE version for free? Please forgive my confusion here but have I actually upgraded to SampleTank 4 Max or not?

No problems. To be absolutely sure, you should contact IK Multimedia Sales Support who can look at your User Account and give you a definitive answer.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/contact-us/
Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.

But, from the link you posted
Previous versions: Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.

My underlining. The key date is November 13. You've mentioned purchase dates in August and October, but both are before the November cut-off date. So, in my understanding, I'm afraid that you would not qualify.

But, as I said, contact Sales Support. They might be able to work something out. (Absolutely no promises though, as I do not work for IK Multimedia.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby frankswift » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi, i'm not sure if i'm missing something here because i've just installed SampleTank 4 MAX (from the USB stick) including both the SampleTank 3 & 4 sound libraries onto my machine, but the total file size is only 170 GB. Is that right? Are there certain sounds you have to download online? I was expecting 260 odd gigabytes for the entire installation.
frankswift

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:46 pm

frankswift wrote:Hi, i'm not sure if i'm missing something here because i've just installed SampleTank 4 MAX (from the USB stick) including both the SampleTank 3 & 4 sound libraries onto my machine, but the total file size is only 170 GB. Is that right? Are there certain sounds you have to download online? I was expecting 260 odd gigabytes for the entire installation.

I don't have the specific size but sounds like you may have missed something. IK Support would be able to verify with you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Edit - Sorry, I see you installed from the USB stick but there should be some additional content for download in that case, I believe there should have been notice with the shipment and/or when you log on to your User Area but perhaps that isn't showing for you? I would still verify specifics with IK Support to be 100% sure.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:49 pm

You could also check against the Sounds lists here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=info#sounds
Scroll down to "Instruments included".
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby frankswift » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
frankswift wrote:Hi, i'm not sure if i'm missing something here because i've just installed SampleTank 4 MAX (from the USB stick) including both the SampleTank 3 & 4 sound libraries onto my machine, but the total file size is only 170 GB. Is that right? Are there certain sounds you have to download online? I was expecting 260 odd gigabytes for the entire installation.

I don't have the specific size but sounds like you may have missed something. IK Support would be able to verify with you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Edit - Sorry, I see you installed from the USB stick but there should be some additional content for download in that case, I believe there should have been notice with the shipment and/or when you log on to your User Area but perhaps that isn't showing for you? I would still verify specifics with IK Support to be 100% sure.

I didn't receive any notice with the USB stick, nor can i see anything i the User Area, however if i go to My Products and SampleTank 4 MAX then click Sounds Download there's a large list of items to download, however its listed like the following: Acoustic Pianos Sounds Part 1 all the way to Part 16. So i do not know if this list is everything thats included in SampleTank 4 MAX or if its just listing the ones i haven't downloaded/installed yet.
frankswift

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:33 pm

I will let the team know that you didn't see notice of this with your delivery or popup in your User Area. In the mean time please consult IK Support who can advise you directly about what the additional downloads are.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:13 pm

SampleTank 4.0.2 update and sound library updates now available! See below for details and get them in your IK User Area under "My Products"

*Note it is recommended you run the sound library updates FIRST. Thank you

The following products has been updated and released on the IK Multimedia User Area:

Application
SampleTank 4 (4.0.2)

Sound Library Updates
SampleTank 4 MAX Sound Library Update (1.1)
SampleTank 4 Sound Library Update (1.1)
SampleTank 4 SE Sound Library Update (1.1)

What’s New
Changes from version 4.0.1:
  • Fixed an issue with ST4 instruments listed three times using search filters in the Browser.
  • Fixed an issue displaying imported and converted legacy Instruments from ST2 to ST3.
  • Added a new icon for ST3 imported and converted legacy Instruments at the bottom of the Library column.
  • Added a new icon for ST4 imported instrument at the bottom of the Library column.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when closing the plug-in user interface with certain hosts.
  • Added an error message for missing Instruments within a host session.
  • Fixed a crash with VST3 when automating the FX bypass parameter.
  • Fixed a crash when installing application on a different disk than the OS disk.
  • Fixed an issue with possible missing font on Windows.
  • Fixed an issue with an incorrect disk path for Strummer presets.
  • Fixed an issue with an incorrect disk path for the Multis in the MAX version. Please re-install the Multis using the ST4 MAX Sound Library Update.
  • A Sound Library Update is available. This adds KS Key Switch indicators for SampleTank 4 instruments and fixes typos on various instruments. Please download and install the Sound Library Update available in your SampleTank 4 Sounds Downloads dropdown menu.
  • General reliability improvements.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby Tom Kearney » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Thank the team for us, Peter!

I’m going to install ASAP.

Tom
Tom Kearney

Postby hschein » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:34 pm

Hallo, die Instrumente der Instrument Content Installation auf der externen Festplatte werden nicht erkannt und können nicht abgespielt werden. Er erscheint eine Fehlermeldung.
Beim Rescan der Library wird bei ca. 50% plötzlich abgebrochen.
Der Instrumentenpfad zur externen Festplatte ist korrekt eingestellt.
Ich arbeite mit Mac und Logic ProX.
MfG.
hschein

Postby Tom Kearney » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:48 pm

I just installed the instrument update, and 4.0.2 - so far it looks good!

No triple instruments!

Good job!

Tom
Tom Kearney

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 pm

hschein wrote:Hallo, die Instrumente der Instrument Content Installation auf der externen Festplatte werden nicht erkannt und können nicht abgespielt werden. Er erscheint eine Fehlermeldung.
Beim Rescan der Library wird bei ca. 50% plötzlich abgebrochen.
Der Instrumentenpfad zur externen Festplatte ist korrekt eingestellt.
Ich arbeite mit Mac und Logic ProX.
MfG.

Please make sure you download the sound library updates and SampleTank 4.0.2 which were just release on your IK User Area. Also, IK Support would need to look at any issues you have beyond that, and they can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Using Google Translate (I hope this is not awful translation) of my reply:

Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie die Aktualisierungen der Sound Library und SampleTank 4.0.2 herunterladen, die in Ihrem IK-Benutzerbereich gerade veröffentlicht wurden. Darüber hinaus müsste der IK-Support alle Probleme prüfen, die Sie darüber hinaus haben. Diese können Sie unter http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support erreichen
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 pm

tkearneyone@gmail.com wrote:Thank the team for us, Peter!

Done :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andreas.pratsch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Important Information for MacUsers:

I´ve upgraded my MacBook from 10.10.5 to 10.11 and suddenly all my problems are history!
Sounds now loading as expected! Testing only the standalone version at the moment, but upgrading the OS seems to be the solution.

Well, first of all, all my other apps, plugins and daw works fine. That was my biggest fear.
But ... the specs are clear: minimum reqiurement OS 10.10! This should be corrected, because the image installers for the ST4 librarys do also work only with OS 10.11!

For now it looks fine and ST4 works like expected. But you know, a lot of time passed by and my nervs got penetrated to the max.

I want some presents for the time i spent in finding the solution myself! :D

Come on IK, be polite and change the specs!

BTW: ST4 Sounds are very good! Now i can find some sleep ... and peace.
Anyway, thanks for making good stuff for musicians. 8-)
andreas.pratsch

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 pm

andreas.pratsch wrote:Important Information for MacUsers:

I´ve upgraded my MacBook from 10.10.5 to 10.11 and suddenly all my problems are history!
Sounds now loading as expected! Testing only the standalone version at the moment, but upgrading the OS seems to be the solution.

Well, first of all, all my other apps, plugins and daw works fine. That was my biggest fear.
But ... the specs are clear: minimum reqiurement OS 10.10! This should be corrected, because the image installers for the ST4 librarys do also work only with OS 10.11!

For now it looks fine and ST4 works like expected. But you know, a lot of time passed by and my nervs got penetrated to the max.

I want some presents for the time i spent in finding the solution myself! :D

Come on IK, be polite and change the specs!

BTW: ST4 Sounds are very good! Now i can find some sleep ... and peace.
Anyway, thanks for making good stuff for musicians. 8-)

The specs don't need to be changed, the sound library files should work fine with 10.10+ now.

And thank you for the kind words!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gregory.glass » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:23 pm

I'm getting errors on SampleTank 3 SE Sound Content installers (MAC). But I don't see that listed in the sounds download section anywhere (were they removed?).

Ideally I actually don't want SampleTanks 3 SE listed AT ALL. Is there any way to remove a library from view entirely?

Thanks
gregory.glass

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More