SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby silver-machine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Yes, also Syntronic is good for newcomers 69 euros

A crossgrade will cost me 99 euros for the Deluxe which i find not right to the faithful.
I believe newcomers get 17 synths ,but only 5 more for the deluxe
Newcomers get the best deal

The same when you have a car insurance. You get a new higher priced quote at the end of the year from the company your insurance is with relying on your inertia. :D
Newcomers always get the best deals unless you shop around. your Insurance company will phone you up when you find a better deal and give you a cheaper one.
Oh well a useless bit of info :roll:
Last edited by silver-machine on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver-machine

Postby silver-machine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:01 pm

One thing i find funny is that the instructions say make sure you back up your sounds to DVD or hard drive.

I backed up mine to hard drive

Just for interest got out some of my old blank DVD recordable and they are 4.7 gig.
I would then have to have 40 discs at least to save the lot lol!! :shock: :D :) :lol: :lol:
Sausages to that then!! :lol:
silver-machine

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:14 pm

iMac with 8 gigs of RAM, Logic Pro X, I loaded Pop Drums, Bass, Guitar and EL Piano and I get warning taht I run out of memory---

This is not ok !

Shoulnd't it be a disc stream ?

Even with the NI I don't have this problem !
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby dlgebert » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:29 pm

silver-machine wrote:One thing i find funny is that the instructions say make sure you back up your sounds to DVD or hard drive.

Just for interest got out some of my old blank DVD recordable and they are 4.7 gig.
I would then have to have 40 discs at least to save the lot lol!! :shock: :D :) :lol: :lol:

I decided to give up the backup thing all together, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc., takes too long to upload. I decided to let IKM be the "vault". It's $10.00 to get all of your libraries unlocked for another 180 days. How much is Google charging per year?

Plus, all the MP2 libraries that I had backed up on OneDrive for the last few years were all .zip files for my iMac. Now they are .dmg, so my OneDrive backup sucked because most of the .zip files had to be "massaged" in order to get the libraries installed.

Of course, I could go back to floppies for my backups! :lol:

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi Peter
I get pointing to folders with all the Sampletank 3 sounds, Sytronic and all older Synths if you want.
Have you by any chance downloaded all the stuff and got all working perfectly.
I think we all need a little bit of confidence and I do not hear anyone runnunning at 100% at the moment. I want to hear some success stories on this forum
I put a ticket in last week about that i was willing to pay extra for the USB which makes a lot of sense. Now I have downloaded and stacked all folders on a terrabyte drive. I still have not heard back from that yet.
The release for the weekend was a bad idea as the support are having a weekend off. Nice one!! :shock:
It would of been helpful to have more updates from the support section. :P
Oh well, Rome was not built in a day!!! :D
I suppose we will have to be a little more patient.
It is going to be a pig making a Drive Image. About a week at quantum speed!! :shock: :D
I do think it would be a good idea to have a support person that reads these forums as that could save a lot of jamming up with tickets. Just a thought!! :idea:
All the best
john :)

This was tested and then I had IK Support verify that pointing to ST3 folders worked and showed imported legacy instruments as well so working with IK Support would be the best route if you are not seeing the same behavioir.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:21 pm

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:iMac with 8 gigs of RAM, Logic Pro X, I loaded Pop Drums, Bass, Guitar and EL Piano and I get warning taht I run out of memory---

This is not ok !

Shoulnd't it be a disc stream ?

Even with the NI I don't have this problem !

This is not the normal/expected behavior. Since you are running a system within Specs from what you are saying and it isn't working as expected, IK Support would be happy to troubleshoot the issue you are having at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:33 pm

silver-machine wrote:Yes, also Syntronic is good for newcomers 69 euros

A crossgrade will cost me 99 euros for the Deluxe which i find not right to the faithful.
I believe newcomers get 17 synths ,but only 5 more for the deluxe
Newcomers get the best deal

The same when you have a car insurance. You get a new higher priced quote at the end of the year from the company your insurance is with relying on your inertia. :D
Newcomers always get the best deals unless you shop around. your Insurance company will phone you up when you find a better deal and give you a cheaper one.
Oh well a useless bit of info :roll:

Syntronik is only $/€69.99 because it is on a Krazy Deal. Normally it is $/€299.99

Since each synth is normally $/€49.99, the Krazy Deal is even a great deal for many of those that may have started collecting them a la carte. Or who may have picked up the Memory-V freebie recently.

Not to mention that someone who may have picked up a single synth from Syntronik has been making music (or has had the opportunity to do so) for a longer period of time and now can complete the set for a very small price so they can add even more synths to their music. :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Well Peter ,It's Fish and chips for me!! :D
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:40 pm

dlgebert wrote:
silver-machine wrote:One thing i find funny is that the instructions say make sure you back up your sounds to DVD or hard drive.

I decided to give up the backup thing all together, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc., takes too long to upload. I decided to let IKM be the "vault". It's $10.00 to get all of your libraries unlocked for another 180 days. How much is Google charging per year?

Plus, all the MP2 libraries that I had backed up on OneDrive for the last few years were all .zip files for my iMac. Now they are .dmg, so my OneDrive backup sucked because most of the .zip files had to be "massaged" in order to get the libraries installed.

Of course, I could go back to floppies for my backups! :lol:

Thanks- Dave

To store even just the SampleTank 4 MAX (not including any past libraries you may need access to that aren't included) at 260GB or so would be much more expensive to host on other cloud platforms. Plus, you can choose when to spend your $/€9.99 to unlock them again, and you won't lose them if you "lapse". This is more the intended concept of the reactivation, I know we intend to message this better in the future as it turns out to make much more sense when explained this way.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Just make a windows 10 system Image and stick that on a terrabyte drive.
There is room for a car park in there.
It takes a few hours but the windows imaging has never let me down.
I cannot vouch for those who have a Plastic :D :P MAC!!
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:10 pm

silver-machine wrote:Just make a windows 10 system Image and stick that on a terrabyte drive.
There is room for a car park in there.
It takes a few hours but the windows imaging has never let me down.
I cannot vouch for those who have a Plastic :D :P MAC!!

I typically just install my sample libraries on to a large external drive and then back that up to another (and eventually, and I say eventually because I definitely take my sweet time doing it which is NOT recommended but is my reality, to "the cloud").
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lorne.white » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:08 pm

gregory.glass wrote:
lorne.white wrote:I found this statement from a forum in Dec 2018.

SampleTank 4 offers a completely redesigned, fully scalable/zoomable interface that re-sizes conveniently on any type of modern displays. All the interfaces have been redesigned from the ground-up to maintain the ease of use that’s been a staple for SampleTank, for a minimal learning curve and fast workflow that suits the needs of today’s modern producers.

I cannot find any way to manually change the screen size. On my Surface it isn't too bad and I can force the scale larger.

Can you not drag from the bottom right?

I have tried the normal window resizing with the lower right corner, but it doesn't work for me. Sounds like I need to get IK support involved.
lorne.white

Postby krisindia » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Pre ordered ST 4 and just realised that some of the best sounds are available only in ST4 max. Well, the pre order offer was 149 for ST4 and 199 for ST4 max. The list of sounds available in both these versions was not declared in the pre order offer so as to exercise some choice. Now there should be an offer to upgrade from ST4 to ST4 max for the pre order differential amount that is 50. Please declare this offer for pre order customers who had ordered ST4. Otherwise it will be injustice
krisindia

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:20 pm

krisindia wrote:Pre ordered ST 4 and just realised that some of the best sounds are available only in ST4 max. Well, the pre order offer was 149 for ST4 and 199 for ST4 max. The list of sounds available in both these versions was not declared in the pre order offer so as to exercise some choice. Now there should be an offer to upgrade from ST4 to ST4 max for the pre order differential amount that is 50. Please declare this offer for pre order customers who had ordered ST4. Otherwise it will be injustice

The sound lists are available and the pricing is still in effect. If you've already ordered, you'd need to contact IK directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as the mods/admins/users of this forum cannot make changes or offer a different option that is available on the IK web site.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Here is a list and status of current issues:

1. Four corrupted sound download ZIP/DMG files [replaced this morning, notated with "b" for users who already had downloaded the previous versions)
  2. Triple listing of certain instruments [will be resolved soon in update 4.0.2]
  3. Imported/Legacy instruments' location [adding new set of icons to clarify differentiation between ST4/ST3 imports and also modifying their placement within the interface to be more clear]
  4. Odd fonts issue [identified bug in the framework used, will implement a workaround until framework bug is fixed (it was also identified by other developers using this framework]
  5. Resizing issues [Must be done via handle on bottom left corner, and also must have a display size that will support resizing larger and note that VST2 does not support this feature]
  6. Multis location [Upcoming sound library updater will move factory multis to a better location and generally resolve this issue]
  7. "Installation Aborted" on Mac OS [under review and should be resolved in the near future]
  8. Crashing [these are being assessed as reported, and will be resolved directly in these cases]
  9. Strummer presets not visible at first [please work directly with IK Support as they should be able to resolve this directly in the cases where this occurs]

Version 4.0.2 will be completed and tested soon, I'd expect its release within a couple of days max.

Generally, the download and installation process suggestions are all heard and being reviewed as a continuation of internal discussions that were already ongoing about these processes.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More