SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:17 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi
Just get rid of the Sampletank 3 engine.
You already have the sounds and when you put the Sampletank 4 engine in point to your existing Sampletank 3 files wherever they are.

That is correct. However, if you have an old project in a DAW with ST3 loaded but you have removed the ST3 plugin, ST4 won't magically appear in its place. If you really want to remove ST3 and want to have no worries about re-visiting old projects, you need to go into each DAW project and 'save as' any patches, effects chains etc you have set up yourself. Then, on the same instrument channel, you need to instantiate an ST4 and open your saved patch to check it works. Once you have done this for each DAW project you are probably safe to remove the ST3 plugin.

The ST3 app takes up a grand total of 4.6MB - I would probably leave it where it is.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby silver-machine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:24 pm

The motto is then , finish your Sampletank 3 projects off first for a clean slate!! ;)
silver-machine

Postby rlucey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:36 pm

Got everything working. Pianos sound great! Made a recording in reaper while testing!

https://soundcloud.com/user-100407914/s ... -2/s-yRkdz
rlucey

Postby zzz00m » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:37 pm

andrewfa wrote:
unionjack.kotaro wrote:I was using SampleTron & SampleMoog on ST3 by imported instruments.
Now, how can I use that old instruments on ST4 ?
I made ST4 to read SampleTank3 folder at Setting but these instruments not appear.

For me this is THE WORST thing about ST4 - truly unbelievable. Your Imported Instruments might be there, but they are just mixed in with everything else. I see no way at all to just look at SampleMoog and its helpful hierarchy of folders. Believe it or not, I have to have ST3 open to look up SampleMoog intrument names so I can search for them in ST4. If I select NO libraries in the left column (nothing highlighted red), I see an "Imported In..." catagory. In here I see a jumble of my original Philharmonik, SampleMoog, Sonic Synth, Tron Collection, etc. It also doesn't show the copyright info you could see in ST3 so in less you have a superhuman memory you won't know what library any of your imported instuments came from.

I thought so at first as well, but there is a folder icon to click on, to view the specific library by folder category.

Once you have selected the ST3 library in the browser, click on the small rectangular gray box to the left of the word "Library". If you click on this, it turns white, and then in a few moments you will see the folder structure with the legacy instrument categories. If you click on a category such as "Bass" you will see the ST3 basses listed in the "Instruments" column.
zzz00m

Postby rlucey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:40 pm

betech01 wrote:
rlucey wrote:Got everything working. Pianos sound great! Made a recording in reaper while testing!

https://soundcloud.com/user-100407914/s ... -2/s-yRkdz

That is a great test - clapping hands/well done...Question: Note Dynamics | In the second part were the note dynamics played that way on purpose? What version of ST4 are you using? Can I borrow a cup of flour?

Thanks. I have ST4Max running it with the latest version of Reaper. Piano used for the first part was C7 Grand Pop 1, second one was C7 Delicate. Regarding the dynamics, yes that's partly on purpose. I'm self-taught so I have no classical pedigree whatsoever, but I tend to like a certain type of piano for the Solfeggietto. Something with quick and light dynamics.
rlucey

Postby rlucey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:42 pm

zzz00m wrote:
Once you have selected the ST3 library in the browser, click on the small rectangular gray box to the left of the word "Library". If you click on this, it turns white, and then in a few moments you will see the folder structure with the legacy instrument categories. If you click on a category such as "Bass" you will see the ST3 basses listed in the "Instruments" column.

Holy moly, you may have well just saved the day!
Last edited by rlucey on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
rlucey

Postby dlgebert » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:41 am

dlgebert wrote:Next, I'm going to install Syntronik Deluxe, which I've been waiting to install after ST4 MAX was released.

I completed my last lengthy install, Syntronik Deluxe... It is working wonderfully in SampleTank 4 MAX. I had one "issue" where none of the Syntronik instruments load links where found when clicking on the synths, even when I knew it had installed in the ST3 folder. The big thing to do after loading any new libraries is to do a "Rescan Instruments" as soon as you load the plugin. ST3 used to do this automatically if I recall correctly.

Thanks- Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby silver-machine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:00 am

Just a matter of interest

I have just downloaded all for windows 10

The total content including Sampletank 4.01 comes to 188 Gig (202,147,508,038bytes)
Total content without Sampletank 4.01 is----------------187 Gig (201,438,636,254bytes)

Sampletank 4.01 -------------------------------------------676 MB (708,874,240 bytes)

All zipped files as download. Does this match yours??
If so Ready to go.

All the best
John
silver-machine

Postby lorne.white » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:52 am

I found this statement from a forum in Dec 2018.

SampleTank 4 offers a completely redesigned, fully scalable/zoomable interface that re-sizes conveniently on any type of modern displays. All the interfaces have been redesigned from the ground-up to maintain the ease of use that’s been a staple for SampleTank, for a minimal learning curve and fast workflow that suits the needs of today’s modern producers.

I cannot find any way to manually change the screen size. On my Surface it isn't too bad and I can force the scale larger.

But I have a serious problem with my favorite host Cantabile. I shrinks down to a tiny unusable size. It looks like their auto sizing is causing problems.
lorne.white

Postby rlucey » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:58 am

Red Strat + Amplitube 4 :mrgreen:
rlucey

Postby gregory.glass » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:17 am

lorne.white wrote:I found this statement from a forum in Dec 2018.

SampleTank 4 offers a completely redesigned, fully scalable/zoomable interface that re-sizes conveniently on any type of modern displays. All the interfaces have been redesigned from the ground-up to maintain the ease of use that’s been a staple for SampleTank, for a minimal learning curve and fast workflow that suits the needs of today’s modern producers.

I cannot find any way to manually change the screen size. On my Surface it isn't too bad and I can force the scale larger.

But I have a serious problem with my favorite host Cantabile. I shrinks down to a tiny unusable size. It looks like their auto sizing is causing problems.

Can you not drag from the bottom right?
gregory.glass

Postby gregory.glass » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 am

Also...there's a lot of frustration on the forum (and for good reason). But let's also congratulate IK on a killer instrument. What I can say from the portions I've been able to use is that it absolutely sounds spectacular, and I'm super excited to get it working correctly!!
gregory.glass

Postby dlgebert » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:16 am

gregory.glass wrote:But let's also congratulate IK on a killer instrument.

++1

:)
dlgebert

Postby BobF3 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:57 am

Yes, seems to be a super cool update - love the resizable UI.

4.0.1 solved all of my problems except for the ST3MAX bundled sounds being locked. I have a ticket in for that, so hopefully it will be sorted out soon.
BobF3

Postby searlstudio » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:26 pm

gregory.glass wrote:But let's also congratulate IK on a killer instrument. What I can say from the portions I've been able to use is that it absolutely sounds spectacular, and I'm super excited to get it working correctly!!

Agreed. Yesterday with install at about 98% (will need to contact support for the rest) I was able to dig in and get into the sounds and they are fantastic. I spent the day building interesting Multis... and more importantly creating music with them. This really is the workstation I’ve been looking for. ST4 Max is definitely worth it. I also decided to get Syntronik just to have those synth tones within this architecture.

Great work IK Multimedia!
searlstudio

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More