SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby gregory.glass » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:31 am

I'm not sure if others are having this issue but my libraries are auto-installing in totally different places from where Sampletank is trying to read them.

Almost every instrument is giving an error when trying to load:

Example:
Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path '/Volumes/2TB USB/IK Sampletank/SampleTank 4/Samples/204 Hugh Padgham Drums/Standard Kit/Kicks.pak'.

Problem in this case is the installer puts the instrument in this path:

/Volumes/2TB USB/IK Sampletank/SampleTank 3/Samples/204 Hugh Padgham Drums/Standard Kit/Kicks.pak

I have both libraries set up in SampleTank 4 to be read - any one have a clue what's going on before I contact support?
gregory.glass

Postby dlgebert » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:49 am

Whew... I just finished installing all of the "MAX" ST4_* files. The last two "Woodwinds" files had the "Cannot Find Content" error.

ST4_Woodwinds_Samples_Part1.dmg
ST4_Woodwinds_Samples_Part2.dmg

I was able to get around this issue by copying the PKG file and the Sound Content folder from the disk image to my iMac hard drive and then they both installed ok.

I also had the same issue with the "Miroslav" ST3 files, but these are in a .zip file. The way to get around this issue is to move both the PKG file and the Sound Content folder to a completely different folder and then they will install ok. This is the same issue I used to have when I would install the full version of MP2. Hopefully this may help others get past some of their content issues.

***Edit: If you move the "Miroslav" files to a different folder and you still get an error, move the PKG file to your desktop, and then move it back to the folder where the Sound Content folder is. I know it sounds weird, but it has to do with file permissions getting straightened out if you do this. Look at my old MP2 posts, this is something we've had to do for a long time. Others have other solutions, I find this to be the easiest.

Thanks- Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby j.e.davis.nz » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:10 am

gregory.glass wrote:Almost every instrument is giving an error when trying to load:

Example:
Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path '/Volumes/2TB USB/IK Sampletank/SampleTank 4/Samples/204 Hugh Padgham Drums/Standard Kit/Kicks.pak'.

/Volumes/2TB USB/IK Sampletank/SampleTank 3/Samples/204 Hugh Padgham Drums/Standard Kit/Kicks.pak

I have both libraries set up in SampleTank 4 to be read - any one have a clue what's going on before I contact support?

I just went thru the same on windows - seems the st3 installers included with st4 put the sample content in "../SampleTank 3/Samples" but the st3 instrument definitions (which are part of the monolithic sampletank 4 instrument installer) get installed to "../SampleTank 4/Instruments". Even once you've addedd the ST3 location to the ST4 search path ST4 doesn't seem to cope with samples in a different location to the instruments (which isn't really surprising).

Fix was easy - go to "../SampleTank 4/Instruments" and move _all_ folders with st3 instruments (which was everything except the "SampleTank 4" folder inside "instruments") to the correct st3 instrument location and re-scan - st4 then correctly loads the st3 instruments
j.e.davis.nz

Postby gregory.glass » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:19 am

Awesome, will give it a shot - thanks j.e.davis.nz
gregory.glass

Postby gregory.glass » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:30 am

j.e.davis.nz wrote:
gregory.glass wrote:Almost every instrument is giving an error when trying to load:

Example:

I just went thru the same on windows - seems the st3 installers included with st4 put the sample content in "../SampleTank 3/Samples" but the st3 instrument definitions (which are part of the monolithic sampletank 4 instrument installer) get installed to "../SampleTank 4/Instruments". Even once you've addedd the ST3 location to the ST4 search path ST4 doesn't seem to cope with samples in a different location to the instruments (which isn't really surprising).

Fix was easy - go to "../SampleTank 4/Instruments" and move _all_ folders with st3 instruments (which was everything except the "SampleTank 4" folder inside "instruments") to the correct st3 instrument location and re-scan - st4 then correctly loads the st3 instruments

NICE! This worked perfectly - thanks for taking the time to respond.
gregory.glass

Postby dlgebert » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:53 am

Edit: I should have mentioned I'm on an iMac running MacOs Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109) with 8GB. The older MacOs versions seem to be causing issues and I thought I should add this update. I also did a fresh from scratch Mojave install with all partitions wiped and installing from the "Command + Option + R" option during power up, which installs directly from the web without needing physical media.

I just completed installing and using the MAX 4 plugin in Studio One 4. The indexing took a while as expected. At first none of the ST3 stuff was available, but I simply added the ST3 path to the plugin and it re-indexed and now all instruments are available and appear to be working without any issues. I loaded a couple of the ST4 Pianos and they loaded and played without any issues. Yes, they took up some memory, but my Mac OS activity monitor showed that memory used by Studio One 4 with the ST4 Piano loaded was a little over 3GB. I have 8GB of memory of my iMac.

The issue of 3 instruments showing for each instrument is still happening in version 4.0.1, but hopefully that will be fixed in a future update. I don't see it as a critical issue.

Next, I'm going to install Syntronik Deluxe, which I've been waiting to install after ST4 MAX was released. Overall, except for the issues I had with the .zip files and the "strings" .dmg files, which I was able to fix (see my last post), I feel that this has been a very positive, but lengthy upgrade and I'm glad it's done! :)

Thanks- Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 am

Is it possible in future to buy instruments I'm missing in ST4 one by one ? I do not want the full ST4 Max library, only the drums, basses and organs. This is a bit strange that ST4 has only two drumsets
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby otherness7 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:15 am

Hi,

I think I am nearly there installing ST4 Max. Thanks to Peter for telling us that Sampletank 4 can point to several folders for its instruments and samples - I just pointed it to my old ST3 sound folder, and installed the ST4 ones in a new folder - leaving out all the MAX sounds which were already included in ST3. Hopefully - using the two folders will avoid duplication of sound data.

:? However, can you please sort out the problem with ST4 strings parts 3 and 4 for Windows. These are corrupted in some way, and cannot be unzipped, so I am still missing a huge part of the strings library for ST4. I have tried every way I know to open these two compressed files, but no joy.

Really like the new pianos, btw!
otherness7

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:47 pm

I have tried a last test. Only installed the 16 ST4 Piano Images in a new separate folder.
Also the ST4 Folders Instruments, Library Info and Samples from the Max installer Image 1. I have copied everything manually!

Path for ST4 is only the new ST4 Folder with the Pianos inside.

Trying to load a digital piano leads to the error "Instrument not found" which was expected and is absolutely correct.

So, only the acoustic pianos can be found, which is also correct. No other stuff that may cause loading wrong sounds.

Same error with the Pianos which leads me to the point that is has nothing to do with the included ST3 Libs in the complete installation routine. C7 Grand, for example, is not working!
Running out of memory while ST4 App trying to load the Sounds, for example.

So, the same behavior like in the complete Max installation. Affected are Instruments in all Librarys, also Sampletank 3, if you try to load Strings. It does not affect all Sounds, only some of them, but way to many to use it without risk of crashes.

I will wait for News, Updates, bug fixes during the next days. I will remove all ST4 Max stuff till then, because it is to beta and I don´t know if that was tested after putting all that stuff to their servers. It does not work for me this way and after hours of hours testing or finding workarounds it is annoying. Now i need some more sleep and maybe i will find some answers from Ik support in my mailbox. I wonder that the Libs are already present for download ...
andreas.pratsch

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Ok, my daw is running OSX 10.10.5 which is in the specs, but there seems to be a problem.
I have tested my second MacBook, running OSX 10.11.6, and ... this works.
I can load all sounds the which cause serious problems on my other Mac.

That makes sense when i see, that the ST4 installers require 10.11 or higher.

I did not update my daw for good reason, but it seems that will be necessary if IK will not fix that issue for OS 10.10 machines. First i have to check whether all other apps will run 10.11. If not, i can not use ST4!
andreas.pratsch

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm

The ST4 product page says "macOS 10.10 or later."

If you find that the installer require 10.11 please raise a Support Ticket here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby unionjack.kotaro » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:06 pm

I was using SampleTron & SampleMoog on ST3 by imported instruments.
Now, how can I use that old instruments on ST4 ?
I made ST4 to read SampleTank3 folder at Setting but these instruments not appear.
unionjack.kotaro

Postby silver-machine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi
Is most of the problems with a Mac or windows??
I am half way on the windows downloads just past the Guitars parts 1 to 11 and i am in a quandary whether to carry on or stop until all the beta testers have solved the problems as that is what it seems like to me.
It would be nice to hear from someone who is having a flawless time and no problems
All the best
John
silver-machine

Postby dlgebert » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:39 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi
Is most of the problems with a Mac or windows??
I am half way on the windows downloads just past the Guitars parts 1 to 11 and i am in a quandary whether to carry on or stop until all the beta testers have solved the problems as that is what it seems like to me.
It would be nice to hear from someone who is having a flawless time and no problems
All the best
John

John,

I'm on an iMac running MacOs Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109) with 8GB. I had an almost flawless install, except for a couple of issues with the few ST3 .zip files and the last two .dmg ST4_* files, which I fixed (see my last two posts). At this time, I'm running the plugin using Studio One 4 without any issues. I installed the ST4 MAX version 4.0.1.

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:51 pm

DarkStar wrote:The ST4 product page says "macOS 10.10 or later."

If you find that the installer require 10.11 please raise a Support Ticket here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

I mentioned that in my support ticket. The app installer works o 10.10, the images installer for all st4 (not the additional st3 stuff) content required 10.11. which was unexpected.

So, st4 standalone and the vst do run under 10.10, but the behavior of loading sounds is a mess. Even since i tried under 10.11 on my other MacBook which runs fine with st4, but that is not my daw!
andreas.pratsch

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More