SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:07 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi
The other thing that gets me is that Syntronic which is going for a crazy price for the lot is a good or fantastic deal, but i only need about four.
Seeing that i am a great customer the newbies get the best deal

That's still quite a deal, though, as the individual synths in Syntronik are 49.99/each. This would be a great upgrade price to get them all.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gregory.glass » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
sfeger wrote:The Installation is a nightmare !!!
Downloading, extracting and installing all these packages will take half a day!
Wouldn´t it be possible to provide one large file?

Also there seem to be missing a lot of parts. For instance pianos parts 2,8 and 9-12 are available but parts 1,3,4,5,6,7 are missing ???

:oops:

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the experience. According to a user in the other thread their download and installation experience was flawless so if you're not having the same experience and having troubles, you may wish to seek official IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for assistance.

We would not offer one large file as that would definitely be the definition of a nightmare to download, unpack, and install for sure. With regard to what parts you have in your account, that would be based on which version you have (SE, SampleTank 4, or MAX) and if you have any questions about the specifics there you may also want to ask IK Support for assistance directly.

I don't really understand why one large file would be a nightmare? Sure it would be overnight, but right now you literally have to download each individual instrument and install which takes ~10 minutes each of ACTIVE time. This is a day sitting in front of your computer going Download, Drag to correct folder, Unpack, Install, Highlight that it's already been installed, Repeat for next instrument...UGH. You all really need to look how others are doing this - for example Kontakt has an installer that you just select from one screen, and it downloads/installs for you. I deeply regret not getting a boxed version (assuming that's all on one install package).
gregory.glass

Postby dylan.haines@gmail.com » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm

I can confirm ST4 Strings 3 and 4 are still corrupted, just downloaded twice now to be sure.
Bad Zip Header is the error. Sounds like a CDN issue downstream somewhere.

D,
dylan.haines@gmail.com

Postby kvalca » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:57 pm

dylan.haines@gmail.com wrote:I can confirm ST4 Strings 3 and 4 are still corrupted, just downloaded twice now to be sure.

D,

Hi,

Temporary solution for windows.
1) Download Mac version
2) Unzip the file (dmg) with 7-zip or Ultraiso to a folder or directory
3) Install with the executable
kvalca

Postby Christiank92170 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:37 pm

kvalca wrote:
dylan.haines@gmail.com wrote:I can confirm ST4 Strings 3 and 4 are still corrupted, just downloaded twice now to be sure.

D,

Hi,

1) Download Mac version

Thanks for this tip

C.
Christiank92170

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:47 pm

gregory.glass wrote:I don't really understand why one large file would be a nightmare? Sure it would be overnight, but right now you literally have to download each individual instrument and install which takes ~10 minutes each of ACTIVE time. This is a day sitting in front of your computer going Download, Drag to correct folder, Unpack, Install, Highlight that it's already been installed, Repeat for next instrument...UGH. You all really need to look how others are doing this - for example Kontakt has an installer that you just select from one screen, and it downloads/installs for you. I deeply regret not getting a boxed version (assuming that's all on one install package).

Let's say the download size is 200 GB. That would take 40 hours here in the UK, And, just imagine, if it fails at 99% complete, the only option would be to start the download again. And, of course you would need 200GB disk space for the download file and 250 GB for the installed files. Also, it could include a lot that many users already have.

Kontakt - I guess that you mean Native Access. Oh no!

And, I'll guess that the USB drive is just the same set of download files.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rblk26 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:50 pm

DarkStar wrote:
gregory.glass wrote:I don't really understand why one large file would be a nightmare? Sure it would be overnight, but right now you literally have to download each individual instrument and install which takes ~10 minutes each of ACTIVE time. This is a day sitting in front of your computer going Download, Drag to correct folder, Unpack, Install, Highlight that it's already been installed, Repeat for next instrument...UGH. You all really need to look how others are doing this - for example Kontakt has an installer that you just select from one screen, and it downloads/installs for you. I deeply regret not getting a boxed version (assuming that's all on one install package).

Let's say the download size is 200 GB. That would take 40 hours here in the UK, And, just imagine, if it fails at 99% complete, the only option would be to start the download again. And, of course you would need 200GB disk space for the download file and 250 GB for the installed files. Also, it could include a lot that many users already have.

Kontakt - I guess that you mean Native Access. Oh no!

And, I'll guess that the USB drive is just the same set of download files.

I don't think anyone is referring to a 200GB download, but more of a once this file is downloaded, verified, installed then the next file is automatically downloaded, verified and installed.
rblk26

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Producer ill Factor live with SampleTank 4 from IMSTA now

https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/v ... 485094694/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rlucey » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:24 pm

rblk26 wrote:I don't think anyone is referring to a 200GB download, but more of a once this file is downloaded, verified, installed then the next file is automatically downloaded, verified and installed.
Exactly
rlucey

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:51 pm

Somebody did actually say one single file, may have been the other thread but it was definitely thrown into the ring [edit - I see it right up there, so it was stated in this thread]. However, that would be a huge headache of its own.

I understand and hear the comments about downloading and installing. Please note that this is how SampleTank 4 is being delivered at this time, but your comments and suggestions have been relayed to the team.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rlucey » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:59 pm

kvalca wrote:Temporary solution for windows.
1) Download Mac version

Thank you! I successfully installed those libraries because of this trick.

Also, the libraries that failed earlier I decided to move to another directory on an external drive and install from there. Somehow that worked. Something similar happened like that when installing MP2 some months ago, except it was the reverse. The libraries failed to install from an external drive, but were successful installing from the main OS drive. There's gotta be some glitchy file path issue going on there.

ST4 has now recognized all the libraries and we're off to the races! Started at 5:30pm after work last night, took a couple hours to relax this afternoon, done at 5pm today.

EDIT: We now have the triplicate entries for instruments issue happening, I'll submit a ticket, but everything seems to work. Going to set up my multi-track templates now.
rlucey

Postby grspace » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:32 pm

kvalca wrote:

D,

Hi,

1) Download Mac version

That worked - thanks for this!
grspace

Postby silver-machine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Hi
I wrote to support and said i would pay the extra for usb , but did not get a reply on how to pay.
I was expecting to pay through paypal the extra but no comeback from support.
I do think that the sounds and sampletank Max should be in a package which includes the usb.
This would cut out all anomalies that people have.
Also save support a headache
silver-machine

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:32 am

I can not use the ST4 Pianos for example:

- All C7 Grand Pianos
- Ode to Robert
- Bad Stories

and more stuff from other Categories.

These Sounds will not load and i can see my RAM running out of control. Even only quit ST4 will not stop this, only a hard reset. This way i can not use this in Cubase, because i am afraid it will kill my work, because i don´t know which sounds are also effected.
I tried only the standalone version for now, not the vst plugin.

No Reply from Support since i have opened a ticket.

Downloaded all ST4 Images once again, installed them properly, but nothing changed. Could anyone test these sounds too? I don´t know if it is a software issue, or corrupted files. If so, it would be nice to get feedback from IKM, because i am finished with testing. Too much time wasted trying to bring this thing up and running ... This way it is not usable for me.
andreas.pratsch

Postby grspace » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:08 am

andreas.pratsch wrote:I can not use the ST4 Pianos for example:

- All C7 Grand Pianos
- Ode to Robert
- Bad Stories

and more stuff from other Categories.

These Sounds will not load and i can see my RAM running out of control. Even only quit ST4 will not stop this, only a hard reset. This way i can not use this in Cubase, because i am afraid it will kill my work, because i don´t know which sounds are also effected.
I tried only the standalone version for now, not the vst plugin.

No Reply from Support since i have opened a ticket.

Downloaded all ST4 Images once again, installed them properly, but nothing changed. Could anyone test these sounds too? I don´t know if it is a software issue, or corrupted files. If so, it would be nice to get feedback from IKM, because i am finished with testing. Too much time wasted trying to bring this thing up and running ... This way it is not usable for me.

Same here - I do not trust using Sampletank 4 in Cubase for my projects as the standalone version crashes while loading these sounds. Very frustrating! Software useless in it's current state.
grspace

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More