SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am

grspace wrote:ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3.zip & ST4_Strings_Samples_Part4.zip are corrupt! (Windows)
Downloaded them three times with the same bad result. All other files worked fine.
Please fix it!

Please report this to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you are having trouble. The mods/admins and users of this forum do not have access to your account, etc in order to troubleshoot and get your issues fixed for you. Thank you.

Edit - also let our Support Manager know, he will also try to recreate. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:45 am

Hi
Why has the download list changed three times
Firstly it was Instrument downloads.
Secondly It was Sampletank Part 1 and part 2
Now part two is missing and it just says Sampletatank Max. once downloading it is part 1.
So, what has now happened to part 2 ???

Stranger Things!! :shock:

These downloads seem strange and keep morp :shock: hing into something else
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 am

silver-machine wrote:Hi
Why has the download list changed three times
Firstly it was Instrument downloads.
Secondly It was Sampletank Part 1 and part 2
Now part two is missing and it just says Sampletatank Max. once downloading it is part 1.
So, what has now happened to part 2 ???

Stranger Things!! :shock:

These downloads seem strange and keep morp :shock: hing into something else

Not sure, if you'd like the conclusive list to be 100% sure (and to figure out what is happening with what you're seeing) IK Support can look directly into it.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:00 am

Hi Peter
I am seeing now in my list Sampletank 3 parts 1 to 8
This is all puzzleing. I have got rid of all sounds and will wait for something positive.
I'm off to bed now!!.

all the best John

Ps Looks like i will have to get a conclusive list for my Sampletank 4 max from the team.
Something is not right.
It really needs a one stop download solution as this is all a little behind the times.
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:05 am

I will relay your suggestion to the team. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yukibajhiri » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:20 am

I have a dumb/weird question:

I'm downloading the Windows .zip files because right now I am using a Windows PC. However, in the future I might move my audio production over to macOS. Should I download the sound libraries for both macOS (the .dmgs) and Windows (.zips), or will I be able to install the sound libraries to macOS if I just downloaded the Windows files?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I should "re-download" the entire sound library two times, since the download access expires in 180 days?
Last edited by yukibajhiri on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
yukibajhiri

Postby daronmacke » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:33 am

Hi Everybody!

ST4 is installed and running...so, that's awesome! My question is regarding the Sound Downloads...as an owner of SampleTank 3 Max, do I need to uninstall my sound libraries and re-download and install the ST4 libraries, or are they the same?

If they are the same, can we find out which sound libraries are different between ST3 and ST4 so that we can simply download those files instead of downloading and installing the full 260GB library? It would save some time.

Let me know your thoughts...thanks!
daronmacke

Postby Tom Kearney » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:35 am

I have 23 corrupted .zip files out of about 50 (I wrote a batch file that tests all zips in a directory with 7zip). Most of the bad ones were downloaded early this morning (East coast US).

I'm downloading the bad ones again tonight... (Maybe the internet is getting tired? <grin!>)

I have the same question re. the "SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part1.zip" and "SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part2.zip" files. Do we only need part 1? This is a rather important question!

Advice to all: test your zips before you bother extracting and installing! Sometimes the bad ones will unzip and partially install, causing confusion.

And, everyone please keep calm!

And, THANKS to Peter for hanging in there It is appreciated!

Tom Kearney
Tom Kearney

Postby rlucey » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:15 am

tkearneyone@gmail.com wrote:I have 23 corrupted .zip files out of about 50 (I wrote a batch file that tests all zips in a directory with 7zip). Most of the bad ones were downloaded early this morning (East coast US).

I'm downloading the bad ones again tonight... (Maybe the internet is getting tired? <grin!>)

I have the same question re. the "SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part1.zip" and "SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part2.zip" files. Do we only need part 1? This is a rather important question!

Advice to all: test your zips before you bother extracting and installing! Sometimes the bad ones will unzip and partially install, causing confusion.

And, everyone please keep calm!

And, THANKS to Peter for hanging in there It is appreciated!

Tom Kearney

Thank you, testing half my downloads now while the other half is downloading. In other news, the ST4 plug-in installed and loaded the previous ST3MAX libraries and MP2 just fine. Something odd about the resolution and couldn't get it to resize in Reaper, but I'll be at it all weekend testing it out.
rlucey

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:30 am

yukibajhiri wrote:I have a dumb/weird question:

I'm downloading the Windows .zip files because right now I am using a Windows PC. However, in the future I might move my audio production over to macOS. Should I download the sound libraries for both macOS (the .dmgs) and Windows (.zips), or will I be able to install the sound libraries to macOS if I just downloaded the Windows files?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I should "re-download" the entire sound library two times, since the download access expires in 180 days?

You don't have to. Personally, I back up the installed library location because that can be moved anywhere. While that may appear to take up mucho space, it will typically be less than the size of downloading the library installers all twice. Or at least close enough for rock n roll.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:32 am

daronmacke wrote:Hi Everybody!

ST4 is installed and running...so, that's awesome! My question is regarding the Sound Downloads...as an owner of SampleTank 3 Max, do I need to uninstall my sound libraries and re-download and install the ST4 libraries, or are they the same?

If they are the same, can we find out which sound libraries are different between ST3 and ST4 so that we can simply download those files instead of downloading and installing the full 260GB library? It would save some time.

Let me know your thoughts...thanks!

Any of the previous libraries that came with SampleTank 3 MAX will be the same so you don't need to redownload those. One great thing about SampleTank 4 is that you can now point to multiple file locations so you can just point it to your existing SampleTank 3 library and be off to the races there!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby otherness7 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:52 am

Hi all,

Has anyone else had trouble with a couple of the Windows zip files - I can't open ST4 Strings parts 3 and 4. I have downloaded them several times, with different browsers, restarts etc - still no joy.

Is it worth persevering trying to download the files as they are, or is there a problem with these two Windows files?

Thanks for all the hard work - looking forward to trying it out!
otherness7

Postby stevensagogo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:57 am

I have purchased Sampletank 4. I am missing many sound downloads from the available sounds dropdown menu. I can send you a screen capture if needed.
stevensagogo

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:27 am

stevensagogo wrote:I have purchased Sampletank 4. I am missing many sound downloads from the available sounds dropdown menu. I can send you a screen capture if needed.

Hi, they are not in sequential order (you will see xname_1, xname4, etc for some categories) if you don’t have MAX. If you need help and think you don’t have all you should, that should be reported to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as they will provide official support and have access to your account etc which forum moderators/admins and users would not be able to access. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stevensagogo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:34 am

Seems like i am missing files.

[img][img]https://i.ibb.co/PY97yP7/Sampletank-4.png[/img][/img]
stevensagogo

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More