SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby silver-machine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:09 am

Hi and thanks RB for your help.
I will get on the case now . I am lucky to have a year old i7 computer with 32 gig of ram built for music only as Sampletank 2/3 kept crashing on my older computer.
We do need fast computers today to keep up with all the new tech.
All the best
John :)

Swindon Town 3-1 Grimsby Town HOPE!!! :D
silver-machine

Postby rblk26 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:18 am

No problem, you will need that I7 and 32 gigs lol. The acoustic pianos shoot my CPU usage to 17-20%, its because the presets have sometimes 4 effects on them. If I turn them off the CPU usage drops. The sounds load pretty quick.
rblk26

Postby silver-machine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:51 am

Hi Rbl

I put the 32 gig in there thinking that it gives me a a little more future proof as all these programs nowadays eats up the ram. Had my machine built to order from a firm that does computers for music. It is very fast and reliable. Oh, i may have put my foot in it as we all know what windows 10 can throw up with it's updates :cry:
have fun

all the best
john :P
silver-machine

Postby Almuzura » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:19 pm

Cool!
Almuzura

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:05 pm

My problem solved - I just have to re-donwload all the installers one by one, because the ones I donwloaded yesterday are all corrupted. Oh well.

But I have a question - as I bought ST4 (not Max) I have "Acoustic drums part 1 and 4 available. What if i want ONLY Acoustric drums parts 2-3 ect ? Can I buy them separately ? Or If I want missing parts of acoustic pianos ?
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby bigjd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:29 pm

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:My problem solved - I just have to re-donwload all the installers one by one, because the ones I donwloaded yesterday are all corrupted. Oh well.

But I have a question - as I bought ST4 (not Max) I have "Acoustic drums part 1 and 4 available. What if i want ONLY Acoustric drums parts 2-3 ect ? Can I buy them separately ? Or If I want missing parts of acoustic pianos ?

I inquired about this with support last night and they said hang tight before downloading because they are working on restructuring the downloads. Not exactly sure what that means and when I inquired about missing parts in the list that was not exactly acknowledged, so not sure if they are missing based on the version I purchased, but I can tell you there were other parts there when I initially signed in and started downloading early yesterday morning, and when I went to continue downloading more in the evening there were things missing from the list... so I am going to sit on it for a bit and see if Monday or Tuesday things are worked out...
bigjd

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:46 pm

You can find lists of all the included instruments over here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#soundlist
Look for the "instruments included" links
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bigjd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:57 pm

DarkStar wrote:You can find lists of all the included instruments over here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#soundlist
Look for the "instruments included" links

Cool they break it up between versions, but their lists there do not separate in parts/#'d parts like it is in downloads area, so it's still not clear just what PARTS of guitars are supposed to be there, or which PARTS of other downloads. Hope I make sense... that list does not correspond to the parts downloads... thanks though, I downloaded a copy for future reference :-)
bigjd

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:59 pm

No it doesn't but you should be able to compare the instruments listed in the PDFs with those installed on your disk.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bigjd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:18 pm

DarkStar wrote:No it doesn't but you should be able to compare the instruments listed in the PDFs with those installed on your disk.

Yeah for sure... but I am just waiting a bit to download everything until I know they have things sorted out. Like I say, last night someone from IK told me to wait a bit because they are sorting out some issues, and everything appears the same in the downloads area as it was last night. I suspect first of the week they will figure it all out. I will keep watching here, but I will definitely post here if & when I know they have sorted out whatever it is they are sorting. Thanks again!
bigjd

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Installation was quite easy, but it takes time. Compatible Sound Installer for OS X 10.10.x should be delivered, because the ST4 Installers in the Images work only 10.11.x or higher.
I had to use my second Macbook which has a higher OS version.

Some Sounds does not load to the and. They are Playable, but the Standalone Player hangs up and you can not close the load window, nor klick anywhere else. Bug or feature?
They stop loading at 83%, after that i need to restart ST.

I will check the Sounds first to be sure that there are no other glitches.
Last edited by andreas.pratsch on Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andreas.pratsch

Postby bigjd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:59 pm

andreas.pratsch wrote:Installation was quite easy, but it takes time. Compatible Sound Installer for OS X 10.10.x should be delivered, because the ST4 Installers in the Images work only 10.11.x or higher.

Some Sounds does not load to the and. They are Playable, but the Standalone Player hangs up and you can not close the load window, nor klick anywhere else. Bug or feature?

Yes, someone above stated there were some corrupted files in their download. Not sure if it was just their download or what... Hope they have it all sorted soon.
bigjd

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:09 pm

bigjd wrote:
andreas.pratsch wrote:Installation was quite easy, but it takes time. Compatible Sound Installer for OS X 10.10.x should be delivered, because the ST4 Installers in the Images work only 10.11.x or higher.

Yes, someone above stated there were some corrupted files in their download. Not sure if it was just their download or what... Hope they have it all sorted soon.

That is very bad, because it looks like i have to reload the whole stuff again, which took me hours and hours. Thats horrible.
Checked several sounds in several categories, and it looks like nearly 30% are corrupted. :(
andreas.pratsch

Postby bigjd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:17 pm

andreas.pratsch wrote:
bigjd wrote:

That is very bad, because it looks like i have to reload the whole stuff again, which took me hours and hours. Thats horrible.
Checked several sounds in several categories, and it looks like nearly 30% are corrupted. :(

I think I posted up above somewhere, I hd downloaded a couple libraries yesterday morning, then when I was back in the studio later in the day the DOWNLOADS area on the IK site was changed, that's why I emailed support. He said wait to start downloading again. So that's exactly why I did not continue... that's a lot of GB to possibly download for nothing.
bigjd

Postby unionjack.kotaro » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi.
According to ST4 Max, I've just finished install all of samples.
There is one problem on my ST4.
It shows same 3 instruments on my ST4 library.

It means as below,

1973 Stage Electric Piano
1973 Stage EP Bright Map
1973 Stage EP Bright Map
1973 Stage EP Bright Map

Those instruments are just same preset and sound.
So It is difficult to find the sound I look for.
How can I fix it ?
unionjack.kotaro

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More