SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.3 + library updates] Now Available

Postby alanwayne » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:32 am

While the new updates fixed the issue regarding being able to load sounds from ST3 created Multis,that contained imported instruments, there still appears to be an issue that I've identified.

The LFO, ENV1, ENV2, and FIlter sections do not import properly from the previous Multi. One example is a Multi that contained the imported instrument PWM FAST CH PAD J-60. The proper Filter in the Multi is "R Type". However, when the Multi loaded it changed it to "Classic". I noticed this with several Instruments and it appears to happen in the LFO, ENV1, ENV2 and Filter sections. The proper settings are not being loaded with the Multi.

This can be corrected by loading each Instrument again and then saving the Multi in ST4. However, to do this for every Multi you have created in ST3 can be tedious.

So it would be great if there was a fix to these sections so it converts properly in ST4 when you load a ST3 created Multi. Please help us address this issue and I believe ST4 will be perfect for my needs!
alanwayne

Postby bdjwilson5 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:09 am

alanwayne wrote:While the new updates fixed the issue regarding being able to load sounds from ST3 created Multis,that contained imported instruments, there still appears to be an issue that I've identified.

The LFO, ENV1, ENV2, and FIlter sections do not import properly from the previous Multi. One example is a Multi that contained the imported instrument PWM FAST CH PAD J-60. The proper Filter in the Multi is "R Type". However, when the Multi loaded it changed it to "Classic". I noticed this with several Instruments and it appears to happen in the LFO, ENV1, ENV2 and Filter sections. The proper settings are not being loaded with the Multi.

This can be corrected by loading each Instrument again and then saving the Multi in ST4. However, to do this for every Multi you have created in ST3 can be tedious.

So it would be great if there was a fix to these sections so it converts properly in ST4 when you load a ST3 created Multi. Please help us address this issue and I believe ST4 will be perfect for my needs!

Exactly alanwayne ! same as I mentioned a few posts prior ... this is not a specific to either of us issue I believe. The use of a ST3multi in ST4 is not quite converting right!
bdjwilson5

Postby peterle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am

On the topic of wrongly loaded multisounds!

I noticed the misconduct when loading the Syntronik Multis.

The midi channels of the individual parts are not all set to 1, but to 1,2,3 ...!

The arpeggios information (ARP) from the Folder Grooves and Split Grooves are not properly loaded and activated.

You have to reload the corresponding part manually, although it is actually displayed as loaded.
peterle

Postby lag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:44 am

Virtually none of the ST2 Multis that I converted to ST3 format (and work in ST3) work in ST4. Very unfortunate.
lag

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:27 pm

dlgebert wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Also note that you should make sure your cache and cookies have been cleared or your browser may not work properly due to cached information about the previous download UO/system being stored locally.

Peter,

I clear my Safari cache and history every time before I close the Safari application. I also shutdown my iMac when I'm done using it. I have my tablet for quick searches, e-mail, etc. I use my iMac for music production and game development only.

I tried changing a few Safari settings, like turning off the pop-up blocker for this site, and some other security related stuff, and made sure JavaScript was enabled, etc., but those didn't make a difference.

Thanks for relaying this to the dev team.

Dave

No problem. Hopefully they'll spot whatever may get "tickled" with certain Safari installations and get it fixed as necessary. I'll add it to the status thread if they verify something of that nature. I know there should be a few items added once they provide some more data for me to know what's verified etc.

@lag @peterle @alanwayne @wilnwil - Please report your issues directly to IK Support or continue to work with them via any existing tickets and they will assist you directly to get your issues verified and reported internally for a proper fix as necessary. Thank you for your patience.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:29 pm

lag wrote:Virtually none of the ST2 Multis that I converted to ST3 format (and work in ST3) work in ST4. Very unfortunate.

Also on this note, make sure you've updated both 4.0.3 itself and the latest sound library update to be 100% sure and then please follow my advice above to let IK Support know if those didn't fix your issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:01 am

I have updated the SampleTank 4 Status thread with the issues that were verified post-4.0.3.

Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:54 pm

We expect to have SampleTank 4.0.4 early next week, thank you for your patience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Also, check out this video about the Making of SampleTank 4 Grand Piano - it sounds amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iugTJt1OsIo

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rx8doc » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Can those of us who ordered the usb MAX version and got "faulty" data. Return our drives and have them reloaded with the newest "correct" versions of the software. I can not download all the sounds and programs due to a metered line. Hence the purchase of the usb.

Thanks
Ray
rx8doc

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 pm

rx8doc wrote:Can those of us who ordered the usb MAX version and got "faulty" data. Return our drives and have them reloaded with the newest "correct" versions of the software. I can not download all the sounds and programs due to a metered line. Hence the purchase of the usb.

Thanks
Ray

If you have issues with the USB drive you received, please report this to IK Support who will diagnose and assist you appropriately. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lag » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:35 am

ST 4.0.4 still coming?
lag

Postby alanwayne » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:48 pm

Any revised eta for 4.0.4? Looking forward to being able to use the program exclusively.
alanwayne

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.4 + library updates] Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:54 pm

SampleTank 4.0.4 is now available in your IK User Area

Changes from version 4.0.3:
  • Optimized RAM / Virtual Memory Usage.
  • Fixed several crash issues on Studio One.
  • Fixed a crash when playing notes after loading several large sized Instruments.
  • Fixed a UI issue in FL Studio Mac when removing SampleTank 4 from a project.
  • Fixed a crash when loading instruments with corrupt sample (.pak) files.
  • Fixed Multis (combis from SampleTank 2 imported via SampleTank 3) not loading Instruments.
  • Fixed SampleTank 3 Instruments with Stretch Engine which caused glitchy audio on upper note ranges.
  • Fixed SampleTank 3 Edit Panel not applying PSTS/Stretch engine on all selected zones.
  • Fixed London Grooves Instruments crash.
  • Fixed corrupted Instruments switching between Resample and Resynth engine.
  • Fixed a sporadic crash when playing Arpeggios.
  • Fixed an issue with onscreen Pitch Bend not matching set values on Edit Panel.
  • Fixed concurrent Preanalysis tasks resulting in parts muting.
  • Fixed significant volume difference in SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 Instruments Accordion LH Mellow and Accordion Musette.
  • Fixed a feedback loop caused by Compressor.
  • Fixed trigger behaviour playing with Strummer .
  • Added scrollbar to Mod Matrix.
  • Added scrollbar to Mixer page.
  • Added Instrument size in the Browser INFO panel.
  • Updated Authorization Manager version 1.0.24.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.4 + library updates] Now Available

Postby dlgebert » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:No problem. Hopefully they'll spot whatever may get "tickled" with certain Safari installations and get it fixed as necessary.

Peter,

Did they get a chance to check out the Safari download issue with the new Sound Content selection box? I have everything installed so I haven't tried it since 4.0.3. Also note, this is all Sound Content selection boxes, no matter if it's MP2, Syntronik Deluxe, ST4, etc.

I'll try downloading a smaller Sound Content file when I download 4.0.4 and see if it's working later tonight.

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More