Unable to load 6.5GB sample library? (3 SE + Win 8.1)

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Unable to load 6.5GB sample library? (3 SE + Win 8.1)

Postby ChristopherWD » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi, I've recently purchased a iRig 37 PRO which I'm very happy with and have registered my serial to access the SampleTank 3 SE software but I seem to be having issues.

I've installed the SampleTank SE software, the Authorization Manager and have registered all my products using it, I've also installed both ~2GB archives of samples. All to the default location. When loading and activating Sample Tank 3 SE it then prompted me to use Custom Shop to activate, which I then did.

It loads a list (under "SampleTank 3 Free") with all the drop down menus (bass > slap bass, etc), however it doesn't display the actual instrument to load; it's simply a list of menus. It can load the included Piano and Drum Kit that comes bundled with the standard installer? But nothing else. I'm unable to even get an error because it just doesn't seem to detect the actual instrument/samples at all.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Professional. I've tried to install the library on the Public folder and my personal folder, it has yet to make a difference.

Thank you.
ChristopherWD

Re: Unable to load 6.5GB sample library? (3 SE + Win 8.1)

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Hello ChristopherWD and welcome to the forum.

So, when you click the triangle to the left of Slap Bass (or any other menu choice) you do not see any instruments listed? (I do not know which ones ST3 SE has.)

If so:
-- what is the compete Disk Path is ST3's Settings?
-- go to that folder
-- in the Instruments sub-folder how many instrument-definition files (.st3i file extension) are there?
-- in the Samples folder, how many samples files (.pak file extension) are there?
-- how big is each folder?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More