Unable to "Authorize" ST3, UserArea Not Accessible

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Unable to "Authorize" ST3, UserArea Not Accessible

Postby k_sac01 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:07 pm

Spending half my day trying to authorize ST3 CS today. I am able to see "My Products" "My Account", on-line etc. and I can see the serial number. It is not accepting my user name and password when I try to authorize on-line. It appeared it was accepting the off-line authorization procedure, but the sound library is still locked after it said - goodie - you're good. Nope - still locked and wants to go through the entire authorization process again. Sheeesh. Sent "forgot password" message, but nothing came into email and nothing in spam area, but I didn't forget my password because I have a password keeper app. I tried to change my password on-line, but it would not accept it.

Unable to get to user account from main IKMultimedia.com screen. I see "This page isn't working" - same thing when I try to use a different browser. I was able to get to the "My Products" screen by clicking a link in a previous email. When I click in the "User Area" where I think where the ultimate "authorization" info is stored - I get the same message "This page isn't working."

Are engineers aware and are they working to fix it?
k_sac01

Re: Unable to "Authorize" ST3 Today, UserArea Not Accessible

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:54 pm

The login for your User Area is the same as for this forum. The User Area web pages are OK here, in Firefox.

Download the latest version of the Authorization Manager and give that a try:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... onmanager/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Unable to "Authorize" ST3 Today, UserArea Not Accessible

Postby k_sac01 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:52 am

Thanks Dark Star - but tried that already. I finally got it to unlock by browsing the "Disk Path" to another directory which contained nothing and then back again. It just re-read the files and did not lock it that time.

I was finally able to access the User Area as time had passed today, it popped-up a window I had seen before asking me to authorize them to send me email about promotions, etc. I had previously skipped over reading the language that said it was "required" that I authorize that. I didn't choose to authorize it initially because I was just testing things out and I didn't want to get junk email if it wasn't going to work for me. You never know what choices you make are going to cause glitches. This was a particularly nasty one to get around, but having been in IT for many years, and I usually find a way.
k_sac01

Re: [RESOLVED]Unable to "Authorize" ST3, UserArea Not Access

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:00 am

So all is OK now?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More