Miroslav Philharmonik 2 output channels problem

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 output channels problem

Postby gekobox » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:31 am

When I load Miroslav on my DAW (Ableton Live) and then load an instrument into a Miroslav's socket and then change the output channel for example let's say from the default 1-2 to 5-6 it sounds as if the instrument was far away, this doesn't happen on the 1-2 output, what could be the problem?, I can't see any special setting for the output channels in Miroslav neither i have anything on the return tracks.
gekobox

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 output channels problem

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:57 am

Hello gekobox and welcome to the forum.

In the original Miroslav Philharmonik ("MP1") most (all?) instruments had a built-in send to a Reverb. And the output from the Sends always on outputs 1+2. So, if the main output of the instrument is set to 5+6 then there will be 2 streams of audio output: on 1+2 there will be the Reverbed sound ("sounds as if the instrument was far away") and the main sound on 5+6.

Now to hear them both in the DAW host you need to route the plug-ins outputs 1+2 and 5+6 as needed. I do not know Live but but other hosts I can route those channel pairs to separate output tracks.

I presume that this concept is the same in MP2. This sounds like what is happening in your case. Have a look at the Send routing for the instrument.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More