Installation of ST3 Max upgrade

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installation of ST3 Max upgrade

Postby Kinketsu » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:14 am

So, I bought ST3 Max upgrade and am excited to play with it while waiting for ST4 Max.

Step 1, I guess, is to get this properly installed. Already installed on my machine is whatever version of ST3 came with my iRig HD 2.

In my user area are now two product keys, one for ST3 and another for ST3 Max. Authorization Manager understood the ST3 key just fine. It doesn't like the ST3 Max key, but maybe that's normal?

Do I need to reinstall ST3 before I do anything further? The already-installed version from my iRig is 3.7.3, and so is the current version ... so maybe no new install needed? Or should I wipe the installation clean and start fresh?

[ EDIT: deleted one paragraph about another issue ... found the problem at my end. ]

Thanks in advance,
K
Kinketsu

Re: Installation of ST3 Max upgrade

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:22 am

Kinketsu wrote:In my user area are now two product keys, one for ST3 and another for ST3 Max. Authorization Manager understood the ST3 key just fine. It doesn't like the ST3 Max key, but maybe that's normal?

Do I need to reinstall ST3 before I do anything further? The already-installed version from my iRig is 3.7.3, and so is the current version ... so maybe no new install needed? Or should I wipe the installation clean and start fresh?

What do you mean when you said the Authorisation Manager doesn't like the ST3MAX serial? What did it actually say?

You shouldn't need to reinstall the ST3 app itself. The serial number should just authorise the additional sound content, which you then need to download, unzip and install if you haven't done so already.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Kinketsu » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:53 pm

What do you mean when you said the Authorisation Manager doesn't like the ST3MAX serial? What did it actually say?

It says "This product is not supported by the Authorization Manager (509)".

Since my earlier message, I have ST3 Full in place, I think, and have added American Acoustic, and all seems to be working just fine.

Thanks for your response!

Cheers,
K
Kinketsu

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Kinketsu wrote:Since my earlier message, I have ST3 Full in place, I think, and have added American Acoustic, and all seems to be working just fine.

Great, that sounds like it's working as expected then. Let us know if anything else get weird :D
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More