Specs for MP2 ? (was "Need help?")

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Specs for MP2 ? (was "Need help?")

Postby Arieleee » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:23 am

I checked the specs for MP2 and MP2CE on the website but I wanted to verify if my current specs are enough to handle the full version. and verify before making a purchase and exchange.

I'm running Windows 10, Intel Core i7, I have 8GB of RAM, 267GB of free space on my C drive and 291GB free on my D drive so no issues there.
Arieleee

hi guys, i have a question please help me!

Postby Arieleee » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:28 am

As for the sound card, I'm not sure if I meet the requirements. My dedicated sound card is Realtek High Definition Audio.

I was having trouble getting the sounds to play for MP2CE, but I'm not sure if that was due issues with file paths or maybe my specs just can't handle the CE version as well?
Arieleee

Re: Specs for MP2 ? (was "Need help?")

Postby garfy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Hello Arieleee and welcome to the forums.

Arieleee wrote:As for the sound card, I'm not sure if I meet the requirements. My dedicated sound card is Realtek High Definition Audio.

The rest of your specs achieve the minimum requirement by the looks of things, but I'm afraid that using the onboard sound card may well be your issue. The requirement is (copied from minimal specs page) "...an ASIO compatible sound card."

A dedicated sound card/audio interface is necessary to achieve low-latency conditions for music making I'm afraid. If you let us know a budget, I'm sure some users will suggest some models for you to look at.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More