Sampletank 3 crashes on Mac Sierra

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 3 crashes on Mac Sierra

Postby lagerstrom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi all,
Perhaps someone here can help me. I contacted support about his, but with their suggestions there was no improvement.
This is the case:
*I just did a fresh install on my imac 2011 with sierra. I also reinstalled everything else, including Sampletank. The latest version. It crashes before it even shows a userinterface. *Sampletank quit unexpectedly* .....
Trying to reopen gives the same result.
Opening it with cubase gives the same result. Only it also crashes Cubase then. Other VST instruments work fine.

Support Area: IK Multimedia International
Product: (SampleTank 3) STF30-68RCZZ8I-72565 3.7.3
System: Mac OS X 10.12.6 - ,
Host: Cubase - 8.5

I uninstalled and manually removed files etc. etc. tried to install older Sampletankversions. Back to 3.6.6, but no result.
Anyone here had this with Sierra?
To me the only solution seems to be reinstalling perhaps El Capitan.
Seggestions?
Thanks,
lagerstrom

Re: Sampletank 3 crashes on Mac Sierra

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:00 pm

You already have a support ticket open, you need to reply to them that their suggestion didn't work and they will continue to assist you directly until you are satisfied. Please reply to your support ticket.

Edit - topic remains open but please post your ticket number here as per the guidelines posted at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and note that this forum is not for direct technical support. It is still best to continue to work with IK Support. Also please review the rules (linked at the top of each page), most specifically with regard to moderation and posting multiple duplicate topics.

I look forward to relaying your support ticket information to the team after you post here (or you can PM per the guidelines linked above).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 am

Hello lagerstrom

As Peter_IK suggests, working through with official support is your best option, as this is not expected behaviour and they can give you some one-to-one support.

As a kind of panacea, I am running ST3.7.2 on Sierra (macOS10.12.6) from a fresh install on both a 2011 MBP and 2012 MacMini, so hopefully this will be able to be fixed for you.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby lagerstrom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:56 am

Good to hear of a working system with OS 10.12.6 and ST3.
I'll try installing version ST3.7.2 as you use.
Offcoarse the support ticket is still open. I'm hoping to get more suggestions from them.

Have a great day
lagerstrom

Postby lagerstrom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:59 am

Peter_IK wrote:You already have a support ticket open, you need to reply to them that their suggestion didn't work and they will continue to assist you directly until you are satisfied. Please reply to your support ticket.

Thanks Peter, I indeed have a ticket open and am eagerly awaiting a reply to earlier responses I gave to them. I'm hoping this gets solved soon so I can again use ST in my work. Wonderful.

Thanks,
lagerstrom

Postby lagerstrom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:11 am

I rolled back to El Capitan. That worked. I understand from some collegues that ST3 works with El Capitan. Sierra is perhaps not the best choice.
Best regards all,
lagerstrom

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More