Installing SampleTank 3. Help needed...[RESOLVED]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing SampleTank 3. Help needed...[RESOLVED]

Postby itamar.c » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:51 pm

I'm about to install SampleTank 3 but before doing it I decided to make sure I do everything right during the installation (please, forgive my poor English).

As I said I haven't installed SampleTank 3 yet.

I already downloaded and unzipped all the nine .zip sound files. I'm using a separate internal HD for these files - not the C: (System) HD.

After unzipping the .zip files I have now a "SampleTank Sound Content" folder with 32.1 GB of sound files and nine installation files. They are eight "Install SampleTank 3 Sound Content.exe" numbered 1 of 8 until 8 of 8 and one "Install Steel Drums Free Sound Content.exe".

My question is: what should be my next step?

Do I have to install SampleTank 3 before installing the sounds above mentioned or should I install the sounds first?

Also: I recall reading somewhere that it's advisable to run the installers for the sounds as an administrator during the installation. Is that really necessary?

Thanks in advance.
itamar.c

Re: Installing SampleTank 3. Help needed...

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 am

itamar.c wrote:Do I have to install SampleTank 3 before installing the sounds above mentioned or should I install the sounds first?

Install the main ST3 app first. When you have installed this, you will see you also have an app installed called the Authorisation Manager. Open this and authorise your product with your serial number. Then install the sound content, in number order 1-8 and then the Steel Drum content.

itamar.c wrote:I already downloaded and unzipped all the nine .zip sound files. I'm using a separate internal HD for these files - not the C: (System) HD.

Is this where you are going to actually install the sound content as well? If so, you will need to remap the disk path in ST3 to the correct place. During installation you can tell the installer where to put the sound content. After installing all the content, open SampleTank, and click the Settings icon (gear/cog icon) in the top right hand corner and Browse to your disk path. For example, it may well be that your new path will be D:IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3. Once you have OK'd this you should see ST3 rebuild the database and your instruments will appear and be usable.

itamar.c wrote:Also: I recall reading somewhere that it's advisable to run the installers for the sounds as an administrator during the installation. Is that really necessary?

I'm not a Windows user I'm afraid so I don't know how important this is. However, I would suggest it would be best practice to give you all access and privileges when installing anything to avoid issues.

Don't forget to back up the Zip files of content in case you need to reinstall at a later date.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby itamar.c » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi, garfy. I really can't find the words to say how thankful I am for such a detailed and informative answer you provided me. Actually I'm somewhat famililiarized with the installation process using the authorization manager since I have already installed T-Racks 5, Amplitube 4, Modo Bass and other IK Multimedia products but I was really lost with how to procede with this sounds installation. You helped me a lot. Thanks again.
itamar.c

Postby garfy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:28 am

You're more than welcome.

I'll edit the topic title to resolved in case this thread can help others in the future.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Installing SampleTank 3. Help needed...[RESOLVED]

Postby itamar.c » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi, that's fine. And thanks again.
itamar.c

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More