SampleTank 3 SE: No Instruments, and Can't Import

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 3 SE: No Instruments, and Can't Import

Postby iankinzel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 am

Pretty much what the title says. I downloaded/installed/authorized SampleTank 3 SE, then downloaded/installed sound library update 3.5.

However, I'm finding that SampleTank 3 SE only has one instrument (the grand piano), and no matter what I do, the program will not import any sound libraries from the update or any other source.
iankinzel

Re: SampleTank 3 SE: No Instruments, and Can't Import

Postby garfy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am

It sounds like you haven't installed the main sound content yet.

Go to your User Area and next to SampleTank 3SE you'll see a button marked 'Sounds Download'. Click on this and you'll have access to download 2 files of sound content. Download, unzip and let them install to their default locations.

At this point I would suggest running the Sound Library Update installer again, to make sure that this takes effect on the new sound content.

Open ST3SE and you should see the app build the database and the instruments will then be available to use.

The import facility should only be used to give access to legacy collections, which you won't be doing in your case. Also, don't forget to back up the downloaded sound content folders in case you need to re-install them at a later date.

Please come back and confirm this has sorted your issue as the solution may be helpful to users in the future.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More