ST3 MAX not supported by Auth Manager????[RESOLVED]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST3 MAX not supported by Auth Manager????[RESOLVED]

Postby etotman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 am

I lost access to all of my instruments. When I enter my serial number in Authorization Manager I get the error: "This product is not supported by the Authorization Manager (509)". I entered a support request and I'm waiting to hear back. Is anyone else having this problem? I don't know what to do.
etotman

Re: ST3 MAX not supported by Auth Manager????

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 am

Hello etotman and welcome to the forum.

etotman wrote:I lost access to all of my instruments.

You might need to expand on this a bit. Do you mean that SampleTank won't open or that it opens fine but doesn't show any instruments?

If it opens but there is nothing in the instrument database, check that the pathway to the sounds folder is still correct and intact. If it is, try opening the Custom Shop app and clicking 'Restore My Sounds' in the SampleTank>Sounds menu.

If you mean that your sounds are de-authorised or ST3 won't open then you will need to continue with the ticket system with Official IK Support. If you reply here with your ticket number then one of the moderators can find out what is happening with it.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby etotman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Thanks for the reply. Ticket 388050. ST3 was working fine until I opened it yesterday. The application starts but there are no available instruments. If I try to authorize I get the error above.
etotman

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:32 pm

So when you open ST3 the instrument list is now blank?

Did you check the disk path in ST3 to your sounds folder is still pointing at the correct place on your system? If it is, you could try refreshing the database in ST3 to try to get it to rebuild. Click on the circular arrow underneath the instrument list.

If that doesn't work, check that the instrument and sample folders are still in the correct place. For example mine (on macOS) is SampleDrive1>IK Multimedia>SampleTank 3[and then sample and instrument folders reside in here]. If they're not where you expect them to be i.e. where they were previously, that will need looking into. Were they installed to your main system drive or are they on a secondary/external drive?

As for the authorisation error, Official Support are the only ones that can help you with that. But I suspect it is a separate issue. They endeavour to respond within 1-2 working days, so you may hear something soon if your ticket went in yesterday.
garfy

Postby etotman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Yes the path is correct and the instruments are on disk in the correct location. It is an authorization issue, so I'll wait for support. I'll try the DB refresh as well. Thanks for the help!
etotman

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:21 pm

Well I'd be interested to know how this issue gets fixed. The only reason why I thought that the authorisation problem may be separate was that, I presumed, if the app thinks that your MAX instruments aren't authorised, it would still give you access to the instruments that are free with the CS version of ST3. I may be wrong though.

If you click on the Lock icon in the top-right hand corner of the app, that will bring up the serial number that ST3 has been authorised with. Does this show the correct number for your MAX package?

When Support have resolved the problem can you reply to this thread with the fix please. It could be useful if anyone has the same issue in the future.

Thanks.
garfy

Postby etotman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Support replied and asked me to try my serial number again. This didn't change anything. I'm frustrated because I don't have access to an expensive product due to no fault of my own.
etotman

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Support will work in a fairly methodical manner, getting you to try things to cross them off their list of possible reasons.

Reply to the ticket (which will re-open it) telling them that trying to authorise again didn't work. They should then reply with more steps. Unfortunately, it's going to be a little bit trial and error due to the possible combinations of software/hardware that goes into an individual's system.

Stick with it though, they will get it sorted for you.
garfy

Postby etotman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Yes you are correct. Support did reply quickly. The issue was that I was using the MAX serial number not the ST3 serial number. Very confusing. It's sorted now. Thanks for the help!
etotman

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Excellent. Glad it's all working for you.

I'll amend the topic name to 'resolved' so it may help other people.
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More