Miroslav: Not finding samples after installing

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav: Not finding samples after installing

Postby randyfreemire » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:17 am

Running Windows 10 on an i7 laptop.

Just downloaded the Miroslav Philharmonic 2 CE (MP2CE). I used the wizard to install the program and all its samples. I copied down the address where it downloaded the samples:
C:\Users\Documents\IK Multimedia\Sampletank 3

Then in the MP2CE Preferences I pointed the browser towards that address. But I see no instruments showing up on the main instrument page. The address was close, but there were different names that came up. The closest address I found was:
C:/Users/Amit[this is the name for the computer user]/Documents/IK Multimedia/Sample Tank 3

I notice that the installer said it was installed at a backward slash, \, and not a /address. It's been years since I've used a windows computer (Vista), and I'm not fully up to speed, but I've been methodical in having the wizard install the app and samples, and pointing the disk path to the above, so I don't know what's going on.

Also, why is the program so small with no option with the box resizing option in the upper rt corner greyed out? It's 1/4 the size of my screen and way to small to work with.

Thanks,
Randy
randyfreemire

Re: Miroslav: Not finding samples after installing

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 am

randyfreemire wrote: I copied down the address where it downloaded the samples:
C:\Users\Documents\IK Multimedia\Sampletank 3

Do you mean downloaded or installed? If this is where the installer has placed the content, then within the SampleTank 3 folder in Explorer you will see folders for Instruments, Samples etc amongst others. If you cannot see these folders then it has not been installed here.

I'm not a Windows user so I do not know the default location for this installation. Maybe someone will chime in who does. If not, I would suggest opening a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

randyfreemire wrote:Also, why is the program so small with no option with the box resizing option in the upper rt corner greyed out? It's 1/4 the size of my screen and way to small to work with.

Some of the IK apps are still to be updated to have a re-sizeable GUI (Syntronik and T-RackS have been for example) so it's hopefully in the pipeline.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Miroslav: Not finding samples after installing

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:08 am

When you Explore those folders please let us know
-- how many "instrument-definition" files (with a .st3i file extension) are in the Instruments folder and sub-folders
-- what is the disk space used by the Instruments folder and sub-folders
-- how many sample files (with a .pak file extension) are in the Samples folder and sub-folders
-- what is the disk space used by the Samples folder and sub-folders
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More