Clarity on Sampletank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Clarity on Sampletank 4

Postby silver-machine » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi to All

I have just pre- Ordered Sampletank 4. The 199 Eu version. I have Sampletank 3 with all of my old synths and Syntronic version Inside and I would like to know what the proceedure would be when I eventually get Sampletank 4.
Will I have to uninstall everything for this new version and re-install as It Is a lengthy process.
Just a little advanced knowledge would be helpful.
Looking forward to the new version.

all the best
john :P
silver-machine

Re: Clarity on Sampletank 4

Postby victorp.sg » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:40 am

We just have to be patient until SampleTank 4 is officially released or near to release. From what I gathered on the other thread, the installer mechanism and sound library are still being finalized at the present moment.
victorp.sg

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:57 pm

I would think that SampleTank 4 (ST4) will be regarded as a different plug-in (and standalone) from SampleTank 3 and that they can co-exist. In the same way as ST3 was different from ST2.

You will need to install the ST4 software and the ST4 library (up to 100GB in your case). I understand that it might be possible to install just some of the ST4 library, Peter is checking on that.

ST4 supports multiple library disk paths, so after installation you can just add the ST3 library path (which should include Syntronik and any Imported Legacy libraries) then use those sounds in ST4.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:40 pm

SampleTank 4 will be a separate install, this is typically how we do major full version releases like this. It is specifically so past projects are not altered (which is also very important with effects products like AmpliTube and T-RackS but would affect SampleTank users as well if it wasn't a separate installer too).

Also note that SampleTank 4 will allow for multiple sound library locations/paths which will make things a lot easier for some who do not wish to move around large sets of samples. You will also point it to your SampleTank 3 location in order to use those and any imported pre-ST3 legacy sound libraries.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Peter
Just a matter of Interest.

I have two drives a main C and a D drive. I7 multicore 32 gig computer now.
At the moment all my Sampletank 3 sounds are way down there in the
Users --public--public documents- Ik Multimedia and work fine.

Do the sounds and all have to be there ??

Can you put all of the sounds on the D separate drive on same computer with losing any latency or whatever.
They say things work better on the same drive ,but that would free up tons of space if possible.

All the best
john
silver-machine

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:27 pm

You might even be better off! Just remember to change the Disk Path in ST3's Settings.

Currently when you do an image back-up of your C:/ drive you would back up the ST3 library too. Loads of unchanged GB. Every time.

My ST3 library is on my L:/ drive. :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More