ST3 VST3 in Reaper issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST3 VST3 in Reaper issue

Postby dnaf46 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:43 pm

I noticed that VST2 will no longer be supplied with ST4.

Since the VST3 of ST3 does not work with Reaper does that mean that the VST3 plugins for ST4 now work with Reaper?

Thanks,

-Don
dnaf46

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:58 pm

dnaf46 wrote:I noticed that VST2 will no longer be supplied with ST4.

Since the VST3 of ST3 does not work with Reaper does that mean that the VST3 plugins for ST4 now work with Reaper?

Thanks,

-Don

IK Support can assist you with VST3 in Reaper currently. SampleTank 4 will work in hosts that support VST, AU, or AAX (all 64-bit) plugin formats that are covered on its Specs page. If you have a ticket already about your issue with SampleTank 3, please PM that ticket number to one of the IK reps here per the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Thank you.

Also, the testing team should test with major DAWs so they can make sure SampleTank 4 is compatible. I will relay this to them too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby dnaf46 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:52 pm

I did open a ticket that was closed with the answer that I should not use the VST3 plugin in ST3 with Reaper, only the VST2 plugin.

The ST3 vst3 plugin does not respond to note-off. The vst2 plugin does. That issue is well known to IK and the Reaper community. And the VST2 plugin appears to work perfectly in all other respects. I do like ST3 very much.

While I would love to upgrade to ST4, if I can't be assured beforehand that it will work with Reaper (either with vst3 or vst2) I could be throwing my money away since you have no money back return policy.

I need to be guaranteed that ST4 WILL work with Reaper.

- Don
dnaf46

Re: ST3 VST3 in Reaper issue

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:22 pm

The moderators/admins of this forum can only relay your concern (as I did per my previous message). If you need guarantees of a technical nature, please reply to your existing ticket or open a new ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and IK Support will be able to discuss this with you directly and further.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More