Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby anydmusic » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
anydmusic wrote:Will all of the sounds in SampleTank 3 max be included with 4 max?

With SampleTank 4 MAX you will get the content listed here in addition to hundreds of gigabytes of new sounds: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/stmax/

So the benefit of upgrading to 3 Max now rather than buying the early update for 4 is just getting the current 3 max sounds early.
anydmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:41 pm

anydmusic wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
anydmusic wrote:Will all of the sounds in SampleTank 3 max be included with 4 max?

With SampleTank 4 MAX you will get the content listed here in addition to hundreds of gigabytes of new sounds: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/stmax/

So the benefit of upgrading to 3 Max now rather than buying the early update for 4 is just getting the current 3 max sounds early.

And you'll get SampleTank 4 SE free upon release. But you'll need to upgrade to SampleTank 4 MAX if you want the amazing amount of new sounds.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mingury » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:09 pm

I am still confused by your reward program.

I have bought Total Studio 2 Max on 23rd November, so I take that I qualify for a free upgrade however ONLY to SampleTank 4 SE? While TS2Max comes with SampleTank 3 Max?

But ones who purchased SampleTank 3 Max qualifies for free upgrade to SampleTank 4 Max?

I don't quite follow the logic here.
mingury

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:19 pm

mingury wrote:I am still confused by your reward program.

I have bought Total Studio 2 Max on 23rd November, so I take that I qualify for a free upgrade however ONLY to SampleTank 4 SE? While TS2Max comes with SampleTank 3 Max?

But ones who purchased SampleTank 3 Max qualifies for free upgrade to SampleTank 4 Max?

I don't quite follow the logic here.

Total Studio 2 MAX is a software bundle that by design carries a large discount (even when not on promotion) and during that time period (since November 13th) it has been at an even deeper discount - and it currently remains at 40% off. Per the news at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... ampletank4 if you receive a version of SampleTank 3 as part of a software or hardware bundle, you will get SampleTank 4 SE for free.

Here is the pertinent section of that news (emphasis is mine):
Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.

Any customer who purchases or received any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release

If you purchased SampleTank 3 or SampleTank 3 MAX directly during the stated time period, you will get the equivalent version free.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby victorp.sg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:03 am

Peter_IK wrote:Total Studio 2 MAX is a software bundle that by design carries a large discount (even when not on promotion) and during that time period (since November 13th) it has been at an even deeper discount - and it currently remains at 40% off. Per the news at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... ampletank4 if you receive a version of SampleTank 3 as part of a software or hardware bundle, you will get SampleTank 4 SE for free.

Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.

Any customer who purchases or received any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release

If you purchased SampleTank 3 or SampleTank 3 MAX directly during the stated time period, you will get the equivalent version free.

I will like to make a suggestion...perhaps IK Multimedia (IKM) could create a new category of upgrades for Total Studio users, say Totalgrade (Deluxe/Max), where one of the major software in the bundle went through a major upgrade--in this case, SampleTank 3 to 4, or it could be AmpliTube 4 to 5, T-RackS 5 to 6, etc. IKM could price it at, say EUR99.00, and perhaps EUR49.00 for those who bought Total Studio on or after 13 November 2018.
victorp.sg

Postby mingury » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 am

victorp.sg wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Total Studio 2 MAX is a software bundle that by design carries a large discount (even when not on promotion) and during that time period (since November 13th) it has been at an even deeper discount - and it currently remains at 40% off. Per the news at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... ampletank4 if you receive a version of SampleTank 3 as part of a software or hardware bundle, you will get SampleTank 4 SE for free.

I will like to make a suggestion...perhaps IK Multimedia (IKM) could create a new category of upgrades for Total Studio users, say Totalgrade (Deluxe/Max), where one of the major software in the bundle went through a major upgrade--in this case, SampleTank 3 to 4, or it could be AmpliTube 4 to 5, T-RackS 5 to 6, etc. IKM could price it at, say EUR99.00, and perhaps EUR49.00 for those who bought Total Studio on or after 13 November 2018.

This sounds way more reasonable to me. Would definitely be happy to see this.
mingury

Postby pyerbass » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 am

I also think that IK in general should have a more appropriate upgrade pricing system:
-there should be at least 3 type of pricing: the 99€ IK software owner - the actual software to be updated owner - the max/total owner.
- it is also quite irritating when you just buy a max product and one month later you have a new extension and you have the same coupon than any 99€ software owner... I had that with amplitube max and fender 2, same thing with Tracks max and leslie extension. there should be a special pricing for extensions to max owner.

The Ik jampoints are useless as many web dealers propose coupons that match the 30% discounts.

Ik pricing politic is the only complaint I would have about IK, I'm very happy with the products, they are great in so many ways!
pyerbass

Postby petrenko_da » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Absolutely true. For me, this was the absence of a reasonable price for updating Total Studio of the first version to Total Studio 2. And today it is not, by the way. The owners of this studio were left behind. As long as it is unchanged, I personally will not purchase an upgrade. I paid for updating ST4, as I use it in every project. For Total Studio for today, I found an alternative. Unfortunately, pricing does not suit me. But this is the business of the marketing department of the manufacturer. As a buyer, I am not ready to participate in this. Perhaps with this policy, ST4 will be my last purchase from this team. Communicating with other musicians I find support for my position. Unfortunately, there are no compromises.
petrenko_da

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Thank you for the suggestions, they will be relayed to the team.

Note that this upgrade pricing is the lowest available pricing, as that is a MAJOR deal for this amount of content. The pricing was set as low as IK could go but did get also get extended to those with 99.99+ products registered. You are getting the lowest price available, but I understand that some are not happy that others with 99.99+ products can also get the same deal. However, I will state that the price was not going to be lower under any circumstances as this is a very low price and see below about another discount that long-time users will have available to them to make their deal better.

Note that long-time customers should have more JamPoints to take an additional up to 30% off which is why we have that loyalty program in place, so you can in fact typically get a much better deal than those with only a 99.99+ product registered.

We have had massive sales on both Total Studio 2 MAX and SampleTank 3 MAX recently so an upgrade price of as low as 199.99 for hundreds of gigs of content and the new awesome features of SampleTank 4 MAX - with an additional savings of up to 30% via JamPoints is quite a deal.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mingury » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Thank you Peter for relaying this to the team.

I like IK Multimedia products and I use them everyday - be it software or hardware.

Purchasing a large (although you say heavily discounted) bundle is a gesture of loyalty and commitment to your brand and the loyalty program is what rewards the customer, and I believe it should be done fairly throughout the customer base.

What baffles me though is your (Company's) stance that since TS2Max is a large discounted bundle, the purchaser should be less benefited. After all, it is the most expensive package that you offer.
mingury

Postby silver-machine » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi Peter
The support team have refunded my money for Sampletank 4 and jam points.
The annoying thing is that the money is back in Paypal and they have put pended on the transaction until December 25th. I cannot order again until the 26th at least.
I thought these things were instant In these days of technology. :shock:
So, as soon as the money clears I will order Sampletank MAX.
I have wrote to support explaining my situation. :)

All the best
John :P
silver-machine

Postby petrenko_da » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:54 am

Is it possible to place demo sounding new guitars in ST4? Acoustic and electro? A big request to consider this question.
petrenko_da

Postby victorp.sg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 am

Peter_IK wrote:Thank you for the suggestions, they will be relayed to the team.

Note that this upgrade pricing is the lowest available pricing, as that is a MAJOR deal for this amount of content. The pricing was set as low as IK could go but did get also get extended to those with 99.99+ products registered. You are getting the lowest price available, but I understand that some are not happy that others with 99.99+ products can also get the same deal. However, I will state that the price was not going to be lower under any circumstances as this is a very low price and see below about another discount that long-time users will have available to them to make their deal better.

Note that long-time customers should have more JamPoints to take an additional up to 30% off which is why we have that loyalty program in place, so you can in fact typically get a much better deal than those with only a 99.99+ product registered.

We have had massive sales on both Total Studio 2 MAX and SampleTank 3 MAX recently so an upgrade price of as low as 199.99 for hundreds of gigs of content and the new awesome features of SampleTank 4 MAX - with an additional savings of up to 30% via JamPoints is quite a deal.

I do understand your's and IKM's points of view, Peter.

If IKM didn't create a separate Total Studio product category, but instead do something like "Complete your IK Multimedia computer software bundle at a great discount" where a user would then add missing major software from their My Products page and the Store will add the complete software bundle discount to the final total at the Checkout page, I think users would not complain heavily about the upgrade pricing.

But as it is, there is now a Total Studio product (although it is a bundle of all your software Deluxe or Max versions), a separate product category at a higher pricing (but with great discount compare to individual software package), and users would tend to expect some form of lower upgrade pricing under the Total Studio product category as compared to individual software package upgrade pricing.

Nevertheless, I am glad that IKM does not believe in annual new major versions of their software where one has to pay annually every time to upgrade to the next major version.
victorp.sg

Postby jmgsky » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:17 pm

I can't decide if I want to order ST4 or ST4 Max. I mostly work with 'real' instrument sounds, i.e. I don't need thousands of different synth sounds. Are the extra sounds that come with 'max' mainly just more synth sounds?
jmgsky

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:21 pm

jmgsky wrote:I can't decide if I want to order ST4 or ST4 Max. I mostly work with 'real' instrument sounds, i.e. I don't need thousands of different synth sounds. Are the extra sounds that come with 'max' mainly just more synth sounds?

They will be more varied than just synth sounds, there will be sounds from across categories.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More