Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:38 pm

We've been "peeping" regularly and it is still the 21st in the US and I had stated previously this is where we were basing the release time/date wise.

Things happen, but they also take time with this vast amount of data. Thank you for your patience.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We've been "peeping" regularly and it is still the 21st in the US and I had stated previously this is where we were basing the release time/date wise.

Things happen, but they also take time with this vast amount of data. Thank you for your patience.

Don't worry, you're alright. it's like when Apple releases it's latest OS, always a headache.

still there's always room for a gerbil wandering around with a mushroom out of it's gob, walking backwards humming Gerbil Chorus.... I think if memory serves me right... it goes like this....

DEE DEE-DE-DEE-DEEEEEEEEE-DEDEDEE-DEE I forget the rest, I missed that exam subject.
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby zapata71 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 pm

I did not know there was a Captain Beefheart emulator on this forum. :lol:
In any case, the problem should be close to the solution, otherwise they would have communicated a postponement of the delivery date.
zapata71

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:44 pm

zapata71 wrote:I did not know there was a Captain Beefheart emulator on this forum. :lol:
In any case, the problem should be close to the solution, otherwise they would have communicated a postponement of the delivery date.

please do forgive my playful sense of humour, it's just helping me get through the madness which is life and death. so, for the moment. "Play's chime from apple quadra"
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby zapata71 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Nothing is happening. There is a technical problem, and it seems it is not even caused by them, if I understood correctly.
If it was a big deal, they would write a fast and bulbous statement.
zapata71

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:55 pm

zapata71 wrote:Nothing is happening. There is a technical problem, and it seems it is not even caused by them, if I understood correctly.
If it was a big deal, they would write a fast and bulbous statement.

May I please ask as to what technical issue you're referring to? as to me, there isn't. it's a question of devs checking data over for inconsistencies before final commissioning. simple matter, just takes time, especially when deploying data to servers for download by clients, then instruction submissions, validations, etc. the whole process can take time, I should know lol, I don't work for IK, but used to work for a rather large company who's developer system had to manage constant data management applications, host installs, you name it, roll outs were always fraught with headaches, but those issues were fixed in a few hours of that first day.

just bear in mind that there are 3 distros of this kind, starter, sampletank and max, so the soundware which comes with the installers will differ target wise, so there's a bit to handle data wise, it's all got to be verified, even the fastest datacentre servers still need time to write and verify data on spinning SAS drives.

lew
lewisalexander2018

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:57 pm

I suppose the Galactic Federation are complaning that the people on Alpha Cetauri put their orders in first :mrgreen: :geek:
silver-machine

Postby zapata71 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:02 pm

I am not able to know this, and although it may be a valid reason for protesting the delay, if it goes beyond the date of 21, I think the company is responsible for communicating something about any problems in the relationship with customers.
In general they have always been very precise.
This time it is about transferring large amounts of data, and perhaps the procedure has been more complicated. But if I understand it is not managed entirely by them.
zapata71

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:11 pm

There is a lot of data to handle, we had to reupload some of it but not for any huge technical issue, so it took extra time.

According to those in charge of the downloads appearing in your IK User Area, we are very close now so it shouldn't be too much longer.

I hope that was fast, bulbous, clear, gerbil-free, etc enough :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:17 pm

I think that something is happening as KVR music site has just said that IK Multimedia has released Sampletank 4 :P
silver-machine

Postby halfcack » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:39 pm

lewisalexander2018 wrote:
halfcack wrote:That’s it, I’m proud of you being a voice in the wilderness.

thanking you kindly good sir. I was somewhat perplexed by your long post, loved it though, but perplexed. For a minute, I thought someone's on the Guiness again with a shot of Red Bull thrown in (CRAP..... PRODUCT PLACEMENT!)
My pleasure. Just trying to avert the load on servers worldwide with, what a piece of *, comments.

It is all well intentioned and certainly not pointed at anyone except me. I have a few more.

I know, you know, exactly what I’m doing. I’m old as dirt. If you’re not, as stated, you aren’t able to get your head around it. No one can read minds and I certainly wouldn’t want to jump into someone’s even for a planks second.

It’s like the old geezer on the hill saying last year no one is going to Mars, it is forbidden. Last week, Mars is bankrupt.

One story. I finally decided to get my first iPhone. My decision caused me to purchase the iPhone 5, possibly the worst cell phone ever made. Replaced with the SE in record time. Bad decision.

I found a glitch in the international connection between manufacturers, the hardware company, the software company, the banking industry and of course The major side B, the hard wire real phone company and side A, the lottery winners of the personal sector.

This was irrevocable. It could not be changed, ever. I called the company. I told a girl the process I used, absolutely legal to get my phone free, able to connect with a sub carrier and not ever have to deal with them again.

Of course, I left out a few steps in the simple process without a computer so the girl didn’t ruin her entire life by selling it to someone. I promised her that I would never tell a soul but her, she had plausible deniability, she probably tried it, it didn’t work, so she thought I was insane. End of story. It can still be done today.

Most problems caused by cheaters go through a litany of steps to achieve a life sentence in Super Max. I found that if you play by LLC’s and Corpse rules, you are not liable for any criminal or civil prosecution, they set up the rules in their EULA and side user agreements.

You can move in their system by doing the right thing and the movie with the sentence, all the money is made “between the lines,” is the ablsolute truth, unless the g word enters in.

Right now so no one thinks I’m a troll, if that is still a word, I have purchased many products from ikmultimedia. I finally realized that I had learned a lesson at NAMM ‘91 but forgot it.

Tower of Babel, there is nothing man can not do if they speak the same language. Dealt with instantly after a big laugh shared by two.

Ikmultimedia does not speak or understand what takes a lifetime in bits and pieces to understand. I found the same thing after so many problems with them, I gave up. I know they are my favorite software sample company in the world.

I found I could not do the reverse. As the story above, culture over a lifetime, on release date, all of a sudden, can not be fixed with an analog cable.

This board is going to light up like New Year’s Eve with whacked out ball dropping watchers.

I will not download my pre-order and doesn’t the fact that pre-order is still up at this moment say volumes, until maybe a week or two later.

The hype for this is almost word of mouth costing nothing. Plus Jordon added, the creator of the most perfect app ever invented, Geo Shred Pro, even if not there, the sounds of ST4 are as humanly perfect as I’ve ever heard.

A few guys above have put it perfectly and know what is going to happen, jitter. Out of millions of lines of code, all will be well today ? It’s a process.

Last example. All my blurb is my sense of humor. I saw Jordon at that NAMM show. Kong put him on a foot and half riser with a cheap suit, a black tie and white shirt. I doubt if he was out of high school yet.

His hair was down his back and elbow length in front. He was demoing the ASR. I asked him if the machine could do this. He was way laid back but had enormous talent even then.

His name is on ST4. There I was, my future past watching a kid able to play anything with the best. It took three months from that date to get my first off the line ASR. I drastically upset and burned every bridge I had to get that ASR.

I opened it and said wow, this is horrible. Why was that. I wasn’t Jordon.

I saw a chance to bring some on this board to see things as they are and use it to make decisions which will affect their future. Very few will take the opportunity.

As Link used to say on the Mod Squad, TV show. Solid. You get it, the IT guys get it. The experience will be awful when it is released. I don’t say that in a negative way because I was that guy.

Eventually everyone will be astonished. I prefer to be astonished with one single download, one single time and not stess which I see is destroying all around me, not here, but daily, in public and in person.

It’s a celebration of ST4 day. As said, all else is a rain drop of a warm momentary wind in a massive volume of air.

Go ikmultimedia. Go ST4.
halfcack

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:47 pm

We still plan to release on February 21st as stated, and things are going well now. There is just some time we will have to wait.

All of this conjecture is interesting to say the least but note that we need to keep the thread on topic please. We'll let you know when SampleTank 4 is available for download. I'm told it isn't going to be much longer and will be on the date we planned to release and all should be well and we can put the conspiracy theories and conjecture behind us (actually per my first sentence of this paragraph, you might want to do that now).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:54 pm

Oh well another cup of tea and a slice of cake then!!

My stomach is gurggling!!! :shock:
silver-machine

Postby richmn » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:22 pm

'My Orders' changed from 'Received' to 'Completed'. There is nothing in my user area yet, but it seems like a good sign.
richmn

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:25 pm

I have got to drink coffee now . I am getting tired!! :shock:
silver-machine

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More