Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby petrenko_da » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:25 am

In anticipation of the release of the program, one interesting question. I have installed ST3 with a part of additional libraries included in ST4 MAX, which I purchased as an update.

The question is: are there any differences between the already installed libraries in the ST3 format and those that are intended to work in ST4. Rather, do I need to delete them and download the content again, or it’s enough that they will be attached to ST4 as full-featured content.

The question is interesting because, by analogy with the use of the ST2 libraries in ST3, many patches of the "old" libraries sound different. What is the best way to deal with the existing content of the old version to work in ST4?
petrenko_da

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 am

Peter_IK wrote:
esierka wrote:Release! Release! Release!!!!!

Great to see the enthusiasm! We'll likely get the files opened around the early portion of the day for the US office (EST)

Any idea of times for the UK / EU please?
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:29 am

lewisalexander2018 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
esierka wrote:Release! Release! Release!!!!!

Great to see the enthusiasm! We'll likely get the files opened around the early portion of the day for the US office (EST)

Any idea of times for the UK / EU please?

We don't have a specific time, but it will be in the early portion of the day EST most likely.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:57 am

EST is 5 hours behind GMT. So, for example, 10:00 EST = 15:00 GMT
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:58 am

DarkStar wrote:EST is 5 hours behind GMT. So, for example, 10:00 EST = 15:00 GMT

Thank you, you're a massive help. bless you!
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby halfcack » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:34 am

I was always confused with time zones. There was one time in a band I was in that lasted for 31 days in a row. Beat but happy and limited chops at all time high. The gig was in Indiana and we traveled from NY.

I found when we got there many years ago, the time zone was the same as NY. Indiana this year again was asked to go with the times, absolutely refused. I applaude that.

I’m older and things don’t bother me anymore but perhaps we could talk to the world one day, by a land line. No cell phones allowed. They irritate me.

I started a cell phone company in 1984. I did pretty well until my partner changed locks on the doors. That was where the switch was as well. I took offense to it.

I would be happy to be the representative for NY. I would propose that all time zones be eliminated. GMT holds a special place in my heart, as a private, for fun, pilot. No more GMT.

Add that with time changes and there’s a big mess on the floor.

So, simply, there would be only EST time from now on forever and a day. It would be a little inconvenient for some but wow, you just can’t have it all.

It's ST 4 day. I’m excited. I can not wait to get my email. I got the cut down ST4 because this year I got the Mac wedge and skimped on the memory. Small stuff. I can see all the people involved choosing the final 2000 sounds.

I’m not a tweaker and always use factory sounds but I’m betting those 2000 will outlast me.

My MacBook wedge will have nothing on it except for a few favorite guitar sound apps, my old SampleTank 3, if I can figure out if I load it first or last or too complicated to load at all.

The minutes are ticking by and it’s 5:30 am EST here on the atomic world clock and I am so tired I will probably sleep through it.

ST4 is here. 1984 has come. It's the future.
halfcack

Postby peterle » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Hello everybody,
has anyone in Europe, especially in Germany, already received an email today and is ST4 already in their account?
Or is there nothing left today?
I'm very excited and looking forward to it.

Many Greetings
peterle

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:00 pm

peterle wrote:Hello everybody,
has anyone in Europe, especially in Germany, already received an email today and is ST4 already in their account?

Many Greetings

Nothing as yet, it's 2PM UK time and nothing as yet.

lew
lewisalexander2018

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:20 pm

It's 16:20 in Estonia and nothing yet :-(
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby frama78 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:35 pm

peterle wrote:Hello everybody,

Many Greetings

nöpedinö :)
frama78

Postby silver-machine » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi
As you know In the UK where I live ,we are always the last to know.
If the bomb drops baby let me be the first to know!!! :D
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Sorry if time zones were confusing (and I agree that Daylight Savings Time should be eliminated here in the US).

SampleTank 4 is still set to arrive today, note that the US office just opened this morning and there is a lot of sound library data to process and make sure is correct and working so I do appreciate your patience.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Can't wait!!!!

It's 1:19pm Eastern and I see the pre-order option is still available and I don't see a link yet in my user area.

It will be worth the wait... :D
dlgebert

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sorry if time zones were confusing (and I agree that Daylight Savings Time should be eliminated here in the US).

SampleTank 4 is still set to arrive today, note that the US office just opened this morning and there is a lot of sound library data to process and make sure is correct and working so I do appreciate your patience.

Please forgive my comment here, but this is based on my background in IT administration and installation work. Would it not have been best to have uploaded data, run tests, etc eve of launch, to ensure, then run a task to go from "private location / locked" to "open status" the morning of launch, that way it doesn't hold customers up, etc? just my take on it. it's after 6:24 pm here UK time and been waiting all day, as I have to leave a rather dodgy workstation running to download, just so I could save on my budget rather than the extra shipping and delays with a physical media.
lewisalexander2018

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Hi, I understand it can be frustrating to wait but I'm sure your IT experience would likely also show that sometimes things don't go precisely as expected and this is a minor blip in the grand scheme of a complex and large release. Please don't oversimplify or imply that we don't test. Of course we do, and heavily. Again, though, any software release is going to carry some risk of minor issues and we'd rather have a slight delay (and still release on the announced date) than have any flaws (however minor) or atypical/unsatisfactory experiences with the release.

And it is indeed still February 21st and IK expects to have SampleTank 4 sounds available today for those that pre-ordered.

Thank you again for your patience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More