Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby anydmusic » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:04 pm

I too would like to see some details on how the sounds will differ between the packages other than there just being "more".

The software improvements definitely look worthwhile so for me the decision will be which level best compliments the sounds that I already have available to me.
anydmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:27 pm

pyerbass wrote:Hi Peter,

- It looks really interesting, is there a list of the sounds for each version?
- Are you planning a custom shop version?
- I must admit I am quite disapointed with the update policy: I'v been workinf with ST since the begining of ST2, I own ST2, ST3 sonik synth, many expansions, philarmonik,many IK iPad apps, also T-racks max and Amplitube max... and the offered update price is 150€ instead of 200... :cry:

There is no specific list yet, I do know that the sounds are not 100% finalized (we like to keep adding and adding!) but I've requested a list be posted as soon as possible.

There isn't a Custom Shop version planned upon release.

Thanks for your input on the pricing structure. For long-time customers, you also have the option to get an up to additional 30% off with JamPoints if you'd like to lower that upgrade pricing.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Note also that each version will have sounds represented across the categories listed at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eblue » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:21 pm

If I purchase the CROSSGRADE from ST3 to Sampletank MAX now, will I receive a free upgrade to Sampletank 4 MAX upon release?

-e.B
eblue

Postby shmihe » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:13 pm

If I currently have 181 GB of content (ST3 Max, plus anything else currently available for it: Miroslav, Syntronik Deluxe, and other releases, PLUS Sampletron and Samplemoog), what would my total content file size be if I upgrade to ST4 Max?
shmihe

Postby victorp.sg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:36 am

Peter_IK wrote:Upgrades: Users of existing SampleTank versions, or any other IK product that retails for $99.99 and up, can also upgrade for the special pre-order price of: SampleTank 4 – $/€149.99; SampleTank 4 MAX - $/€199.99.

Previous versions: Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.

What about for those who bought the full, upgrade, crossgrade, or maxgrade to Total Studio 2 Max recently?
victorp.sg

Postby silver-machine » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:38 am

Hi Pete
I have ordered the middle version of sampletank 4
Will it have everything in it from Syntronic or just a selected bunch of sounds from its range.
I have Syntronic, i may need that to make up the sounds if they are not there, is that correct.
With this new version can i drop Sonic Synth, Sampletron etc. The old Synths????

Will a complete sound list be put out soon??
Thinking about It I shiould have upgraded to the Max version, but that is too late now, unless i can pay the difference.

All the Best
John
Otherwise HAPPY!! :D
silver-machine

Postby jggrant » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks for the info, Peter. I would like to join the chorus of people requesting a more detailed list of sounds for each version, especially for Max.
jggrant

Postby silver-machine » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi Peter
I have read your reply to me and i will upgrade to Max as soon as I get the go ahead.
Thanks for your help.

All the best
john
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:29 pm

eblue wrote:If I purchase the CROSSGRADE from ST3 to Sampletank MAX now, will I receive a free upgrade to Sampletank 4 MAX upon release?

-e.B

Yes, if you purchase SampleTank MAX now you'll have the equivalent version free upon release. Those who have or will purchase it during our great promotions this holiday season should be very happy!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:31 pm

shmihe wrote:If I currently have 181 GB of content (ST3 Max, plus anything else currently available for it: Miroslav, Syntronik Deluxe, and other releases, PLUS Sampletron and Samplemoog), what would my total content file size be if I upgrade to ST4 Max?

SampleTank 4 MAX would contain around 200GB of new material.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:33 pm

victorp.sg wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Upgrades: Users of existing SampleTank versions, or any other IK product that retails for $99.99 and up, can also upgrade for the special pre-order price of: SampleTank 4 – $/€149.99; SampleTank 4 MAX - $/€199.99.

Previous versions: Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.

What about for those who bought the full, upgrade, crossgrade, or maxgrade to Total Studio 2 Max recently?

You would get SampleTank 4 SE free upon release per the message you quoted. If you purchased Total Studio 2 MAX you have SampleTank 3 MAX as part of a software bundle.

I am referring to this section of my reply (and the news on our site):
Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi Peter
I have read your reply to me and i will upgrade to Max as soon as I get the go ahead.
Thanks for your help.

All the best
john

Excellent and you're welcome!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anydmusic » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Will all of the sounds in SampleTank 3 max be included with 4 max?
anydmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:26 pm

anydmusic wrote:Will all of the sounds in SampleTank 3 max be included with 4 max?

With SampleTank 4 MAX you will get the content listed here in addition to hundreds of gigabytes of new sounds: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/stmax/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More