Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby Mechlad » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:32 am

This reminds me of a concert (OR 2) I went to, we waited forever for the band to come out... but man when they eventually did...

thanks Peter
Mechlad

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:33 am

Mechlad wrote:This reminds me of a concert (OR 2) I went to, we waited forever for the band to come out... but man when they eventually did...

thanks Peter

THANK YOU CLEVELANNNNND!!!! :) Couldn't resist.

I think I'm also getting a bit punchy after a pretty long day. Forgive me.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mechlad » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:35 am

LOL :lol:
Mechlad

Postby Mechlad » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:36 am

...you were there?
Mechlad

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:40 am

Mechlad wrote:...you were there?

Heh, I've been to a show or two like that. And a couple where the performer didn't feel like putting on a full show, and some that were boring, some that were amazing, and probably everywhere between. I feel lucky to have a respect for almost any musical act to some degree, even if merely "academically" so I do love the art of the concert :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halfcack » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:39 am

Mechlad wrote:This reminds me of a concert (OR 2) I went to, we waited forever for the band to come out... but man when they eventually did...

thanks Peter
This is a funny one and anyone allowed to call him Zak knows it’s true. Frank was scheduled to play in Indianapolis around 1974.

Frank could overlook some things in the real world except for musicians and drugs.

I never got the reason why Frank got so ticked off but this was reality.

There was a large confrontation about a major issue in the contract. Frank as fas as I know was a gentleman and agreed to fulfill the contract settled amicably by the school and Frank.

After this was settled, Frank told the crew to load up the trucks. All were confused but you did what you were told to do.

The lights went down. The spots came on. There was a card table with metal seats with some if not all of the band seated.

It was funny as first, then got a little loud, then funny again, then raucous, then, it’s just Frank.

The end, Frank fulfilled the contract which bottom line said Zak was to play for a minimum of two hours. That is exactly what they did. Played poker for two hours, got up, took the table and chairs and left.

I know there is a geezer out there somewhere who can confirm this.
halfcack

Postby Mechlad » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:42 am

Mechlad

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:46 am

OK now I'm glad you buttered me up with compliments because I have some news to share. We've also posted this on our website here. But here's the message to save you a click and for full transparency:

SampleTank 4 Update: Thank you for your incredible amount of excitement, anticipation, and most of all - your patience.

Sorry for the delays as we work out some unforeseen issues with the upload to your User Area. We expect everything to be ready to go first thing tomorrow morning, February 22, 2019. You can still look forward to a weekend with SampleTank 4, and we look forward to you getting to know this product of which we are extremely proud.

We thank you for your understanding and patience, and hope you will go forward to make some amazing music with SampleTank 4.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mechlad » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:48 am

Q: Im new to the SampleTank Ecosystem, does it stream from disk or load to ram?

So I'd like to ultimately know if one would see a notable difference in a 15-20 track project using a mechanical drive vs a sata SSD vs M.2 nvme?

I've read ST4 has advanced in this area.
Mechlad

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:01 am

Mechlad wrote:Q: Im new to the SampleTank Ecosystem, does it stream from disk or load to ram?

So I'd like to ultimately know if one would see a notable difference in a 15-20 track project using a mechanical drive vs a sata SSD vs M.2 nvme?

I've read ST4 has advanced in this area.

SampleTank 4 now introduces disk streaming which is indeed a very cool and needed feature!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby etotman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:02 am

Peter_IK wrote:OK now I'm glad you buttered me up with compliments because I have some news to share. We've also posted this on our website here. But here's the message to save you a click and for full transparency:

SampleTank 4 Update: Thank you for your incredible amount of excitement, anticipation, and most of all - your patience.

Sorry for the delays as we work out some unforeseen issues with the upload to your User Area. We expect everything to be ready to go first thing tomorrow morning, February 22, 2019. You can still look forward to a weekend with SampleTank 4, and we look forward to you getting to know this product of which we are extremely proud.

We thank you for your understanding and patience, and hope you will go forward to make some amazing music with SampleTank 4.

It's going to be hard to sleep! :D
etotman

Postby halfcack » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:43 am

Peter_IK wrote:OK now I'm glad you buttered me up with compliments because I have some news to share. We've also posted this on our website here. But here's the message to save you a click and for full transparency:

Thank you Peter. You were remarkable under fire. That’s the spirit, soldier. More than that I believe you went far and above your job description. You have handled everything like a gentleman and the part of this industry which holds LLC’s together, customer communication and support.

Thank you Peter. I believe this out of all the choices was the only one that would have succeeded. Good call !
halfcack

Postby thebeeze111 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:28 am

Well it's after midnight here (EST USA. Was hoping I could fire up this download tonight and let it go overnight to take with me on the go tomorrow. Guess not =/
thebeeze111

Postby greg.montano » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:46 am

Hi, I ordered the USB drive version. Will I also be able to download?
greg.montano

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:07 am

WELL DONE GOOD SIR! I had a feeling that there would be some light at the end of the tunnel. It's just after 8AM here in the UK and I thought all had gone quiet still. ok, will keep an ear out today for email notifications, my order still says "inprogress" fair enough. lol

I'm celebrating a bit of good news, so as far as I'm concerned, all's good, no negativity, just forward thinking. Have a great day fella. You deserve it. Anyone gives you grief, send them my way lol
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More