Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:05 pm

krisindia wrote:Regarding the option of instruments available in ST 4 version, there should be a fair choice of all instruments with maybe limited variations. For example in the Woodwinds section Alto sax is completely missing and only available in the Max version. This is not fair

I totally agree ! ST4 should have all the instruments and MAX should have the Extras like stacatos ect. This is first time I see something like this !
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby garfy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:
krisindia wrote:Regarding the option of instruments available in ST 4 version, there should be a fair choice of all instruments with maybe limited variations. For example in the Woodwinds section Alto sax is completely missing and only available in the Max version. This is not fair

I totally agree ! ST4 should have all the instruments and MAX should have the Extras like stacatos ect. This is first time I see something like this !

I haven't got ST4 yet so can't confirm this, but looking at the comparison chart of included sounds, if you have got ST4 Standard then this includes the sound content from ST3 which does have an Alto Sax.

Hopefully someone can confirm this.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby zzz00m » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:23 pm

garfy wrote:
tommy@paabel.ee wrote:

I haven't got ST4 yet so can't confirm this, but looking at the comparison chart of included sounds, if you have got ST4 Standard then this includes the sound content from ST3 which does have an Alto Sax.

Hopefully someone can confirm this.

I have the SampleTank 3 download content available in my ST4 standard downloads page. But since I already have ST3 installed, no need to download again. I just added my existing HDD path for ST3 to my ST4 settings.

Since SampleTank 3 instruments are included, that essentially makes up for any "missing" instruments in ST4 standard. There are two engines included in the new interface, so the edit page differs slightly depending on whether the instrument is from ST3 or ST4.

The comparison chart is available at this link. Scroll down the page to "Compare versions" for a PDF showing the included sounds side by side for each version. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... mpaign=st4
zzz00m

Postby ben9876 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:57 pm

I'm having an issue where sampletron and some other libraries that are in my ST 3 folder (which I directed ST 4 to find) are not showing up in ST 4. I've rescanned a couple of times. What else can i do?

thx
ben
ben rubin

mixer//composer//bassist//producer

benrubin.com
twitter//facebook
imdb
ben9876

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:30 pm

ben9876 wrote:I'm having an issue where sampletron and some other libraries that are in my ST 3 folder (which I directed ST 4 to find) are not showing up in ST 4. I've rescanned a couple of times. What else can i do?

thx
ben

Please take a look outside of file view and you should see them. If not, IK Support can assist directly. They are also seeing if it would be possible to add these to show in all views.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Note that this is the pre-order thread, and we have multiple discussions splintered between at least two threads so the best thing (as suggested by others, too) is to lock this one.

Please note the Now Available thread is still open at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20634

And you can always open a thread if you have specific comments/thoughts/issues that warrant that.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More