Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby silver-machine » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:55 pm

After turning into a pumpkin last night It is download time.
Just like watching paint dry!! :D Everything is orange!! :shock:
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:18 pm

silver-machine wrote:After turning into a pumpkin last night It is download time.
Just like watching paint dry!! :D Everything is orange!! :shock:

Nice color! Though "IK red" and the basics (black & white) are quite powerful in their own right :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:47 pm

.DMG files for mac! YESSSSSSSSSSSS! no bloomin .zip files to faff with. THANK YOU! you've made my day. well, this internet connection is going to feel rather loved but wrecked for the next few days as I don't have previous libraries etc to fall back on, I literally have to download the lot.

I do wish that for something this big, that a torrent system could be implemented to save strain on browser downloads, etc. any thoughts on that @peter_IK

lew
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:57 pm

lewisalexander2018 wrote:I do wish that for something this big, that a torrent system could be implemented to save strain on browser downloads, etc. any thoughts on that @peter_IK

Our CDN shouldn't make torrent files necessary but I've re-engaged in some conversation about general download/update management.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
lewisalexander2018 wrote:I do wish that for something this big, that a torrent system could be implemented to save strain on browser downloads, etc. any thoughts on that @peter_IK

Our CDN shouldn't make torrent files necessary but I've re-engaged in some conversation about general download/update management.

it's more a question of accessibility, I'm registered blind, so as such I'm using a screen reader, running safari (latest build) with OS X Mojave 10.14.3. here's an example, I'm downloading these files, setting them up in safari, but I have to keep track with Voiceover as to what files I'm grabbing, so why not for the bigger stuff, create either a master torrent for max 4 or break it into smaller torrents for all the parts per volume? makes it easier to keep track. I've just listened to the amount of data there and it's a challenge. OK I wish I had the physical installer, but budget due to saving and rebuilding my studio after a family tragedy means cutting cloth, so went for the download only so that a combination of delivery and VAT were reduced.

lew
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:19 am

Not seeing an option to download the MAX sound library complete... the download is only 2+ gbs.... Help?
thebeeze111

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:20 am

thebeeze111 wrote:Not seeing an option to download the MAX sound library complete... the download is only 2+ gbs.... Help?

You need to download each of the sound library files in the dropdown.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:27 am

Peter_IK wrote:
thebeeze111 wrote:Not seeing an option to download the MAX sound library complete... the download is only 2+ gbs.... Help?

So things like Miroslav and Neil PEart are included with ST4? and I need to redownload the ST3 library?
thebeeze111

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:31 am

thebeeze111 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

So things like Miroslav and Neil PEart are included with ST4? and I need to redownload the ST3 library?

Things like that would be in SampleTank 4 MAX. If you don't already have them, you can download and install them. Otherwise, you can point SampleTank 4 to your previous SampleTank 3 library directly (as SampleTank 4 allows you to now point to multiple locations).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:40 am

Okay so I got the MAX one. So ALL of those directories need to be linked together before I can run the sound content installer? This is like 30 Downloads.
thebeeze111

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:43 am

thebeeze111 wrote:Okay so I got the MAX one. So ALL of those directories need to be linked together before I can run the sound content installer? This is like 30 Downloads.

You would download and install each of those downloads. Yes, it is a lot of content (~260GB in the end).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:49 am

Right, but most of these are not new they are just expansion downloads that were available from ST3 (Like the Neil Peart Download) no? I feel like I'm really missing something here.
thebeeze111

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 am

thebeeze111 wrote:Right, but most of these are not new they are just expansion downloads that were available from ST3 (Like the Neil Peart Download) no? I feel like I'm really missing something here.

If you already have it and have installed it, you don't need to install it. The new content does need to be installed.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:10 am

Yeah I get that. But this was advertised as "250 Gb of NEW" stuff. How much of this 250 Gb is actually new and exclusive to ST4 that was not previously available as an add on to ST3?
thebeeze111

Postby dylan.haines@gmail.com » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:01 am

Files tagged as ST4 content add up to 131GB compressed so I'd say the claim of 200GB of new content is accurate.

D.
dylan.haines@gmail.com

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More