Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby audibleeye » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:30 pm

I appreciate the sound listing for SampleTank 4 MAX but it would help if there was a similar listing for the other two versions so we could compare and make an informed decision on which one to purchase.
audibleeye

Postby ski88keys » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:32 pm

I was actually referring the sound fx library. I saw reference to cinematic sound fx, and the sound list doesn’t give any idea of what the sound fx are.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 pm

audibleeye wrote:I appreciate the sound listing for SampleTank 4 MAX but it would help if there was a similar listing for the other two versions so we could compare and make an informed decision on which one to purchase.

Yes that is coming.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:34 pm

ski88keys wrote:I was actually referring the sound fx library. I saw reference to cinematic sound fx, and the sound list doesn’t give any idea of what the sound fx are.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'll relay your request to the team.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks Peter!
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:52 pm

You're welcome.

Oh, and the release date has been announced :D https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=st4date
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Great news! My 1tb SSD arrives about a week before. One question, will the master fader be assignable? This is so important for splits and multis.
ski88keys

Postby ski88keys » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:10 pm

Another question...any info or screenshots with the organ drawbars? Description says we will be able set the drawbars. Great addition!
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:14 pm

ski88keys wrote:Great news! My 1tb SSD arrives about a week before. One question, will the master fader be assignable? This is so important for splits and multis.

Yes it will be via MIDI Learn.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:15 pm

ski88keys wrote:Another question...any info or screenshots with the organ drawbars? Description says we will be able set the drawbars. Great addition!

I don't but will also relay this request.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby frama78 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:51 pm

SampleTank 4 Release Date Announced
Your new sound & groove workstation arrives February 21st, 2019

:!: :!: :!:
frama78

Postby craigsnoke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 am

1. Under new String Section: "SampleTank 4’s engine allows for true legato sampling" - so we will be able to perform string section true legato with ST4 out-of-the-box via some mechanism?

2. True Legato only applies to new String Section samples, there are no new solo strings?

3. Do the new Brass Ensembles and Woodwinds also offer true legato?

4. Will we be able to control switching orchestral instrument layers/articulations via the mod wheel (this was asked earlier but I didn't see a response)?

5. Will we be able to create our own key switch instruments with articulations of our choosing?

Thank you!
craigsnoke

Postby joeycronin@yahoo.com » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:16 am

My apologies if this questions has been answered. I have ST2, ST3, and I've just purchased ST4 max. I want to delete st2 & st3 sounds. Basically are all the sound from st2/3 in st4 max? I want to cleanup some disk space and reduce duplication or will I lose sounds from 2/3.
joeycronin@yahoo.com

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 am

joeycronin@yahoo.com wrote:My apologies if this questions has been answered. I have ST2, ST3, and I've just purchased ST4 max. I want to delete st2 & st3 sounds. Basically are all the sound from st2/3 in st4 max? I want to cleanup some disk space and reduce duplication or will I lose sounds from 2/3.

No they are not. You'd want to keep your SampleTank 3 library installed and you can point to that within SampleTank 4 (as it will support multiple file locations). To use SampleTank 2 sounds in SampleTank 4, you'll need to import them as legacy instruments into SampleTank 3.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tbonesale » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:53 pm

I'm very excited about ST4! I pre-ordered the SampleTank 4 MAX Upgrade (USB drive/boxed)...
1. Will I be able to use the drive as my sounds location? Should I move the drive contents to an internal hard drive? I'm on a desktop pc with space on a dedicated internal 7200 rpm drive.
2. Will I be able to use ST4 on my laptop for live performance? The laptop currently holds ST3.
tbonesale

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More