Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:29 pm

tbonesale wrote:I'm very excited about ST4! I pre-ordered the SampleTank 4 MAX Upgrade (USB drive/boxed)...
1. Will I be able to use the drive as my sounds location? Should I move the drive contents to an internal hard drive? I'm on a desktop pc with space on a dedicated internal 7200 rpm drive.
2. Will I be able to use ST4 on my laptop for live performance? The laptop currently holds ST3.

1. No, the USB drive is not meant to house the libraries once installed, it is to transport the installers.

2. As long as your laptop meets the requirements/specs, you can use SampleTank 4 on it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tbonesale » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Thank you for your quick response!
Your answer seems to indicate I would still be facing a very large download of sounds. Not a very pleasing prospect on a limited and slow internet connection. That is why I opted for the usb drive!
I would have appreciated that info before ordering. To be clear, does the usb drive hold the sounds included with ST4 max? Or will a download still be necessary?
tbonesale

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:00 pm

tbonesale wrote:Thank you for your quick response!
Your answer seems to indicate I would still be facing a very large download of sounds. Not a very pleasing prospect on a limited and slow internet connection. That is why I opted for the usb drive!
I would have appreciated that info before ordering. To be clear, does the usb drive hold the sounds included with ST4 max? Or will a download still be necessary?

You aren't downloading any sounds. You receive a USB drive from which you transfer/install the sounds on to your hard drive.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:00 pm

The USB drive will have everything you need for loading ST4.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby tbonesale » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Thank you!
Much relieved!
tbonesale

Postby lag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 am

Ok, I've kind of lost track of this. Is there a list yet that compares the instruments of the different versions of ST4 yet? And if so, where is it? Thx.
lag

Postby ski88keys » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:19 am

There is not as of yet. I’ve been looking and waiting also. Just remember, ST4 is pretty much all new. The biggest difference I can see, is that with ST4 MAX, you get all the new instruments and the ST3 expansion libraries. Not MP2, Moto Bass, or Syntronik though.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:11 pm

The master list at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#soundlist is a master list of the instruments in SampleTank 4 MAX (and you do get what's listed in SampleTank 3 MAX on our site).

The other lists of what is included with each version is supposed to be emitted soon from what I'm told.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby brockkel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 am

I am still kinda on the fence here for upgrading, i own Total Studio 2 Max now. I was wondering if the upgrade price will remain the same for Sample Tank 4 after the release? I apologize if i have missed this previously in prior discussions.
brockkel

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:53 am

brockkel wrote:I am still kinda on the fence here for upgrading, i own Total Studio 2 Max now. I was wondering if the upgrade price will remain the same for Sample Tank 4 after the release? I apologize if i have missed this previously in prior discussions.

There is currently special pre-order pricing that will go up after release. Please see https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=sampletank4 for more details.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby brockkel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Peter
Thanks for the reply, but i will elaborate some more on this, as i am still confused here on the upgrade pricing. I am already familiar with the pre-order prices.
For example -- MSRP on ST4 MAX is 499 pre-order is 299 Upgrade is 199 from ST3 MAX

Now if the pre-order upgrade cost of 199 is going to change on release, what will the new price be ? I don't see any info on that. I am assuming an upgrade will still be available, as usual with other products offered here. Or is that price still yet to be determined ?

Excuse me if i am missing something here.
brockkel

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:50 pm

brockkel wrote:Peter
Thanks for the reply, but i will elaborate some more on this, as i am still confused here on the upgrade pricing. I am already familiar with the pre-order prices.
For example -- MSRP on ST4 MAX is 499 pre-order is 299 Upgrade is 199 from ST3 MAX

Now if the pre-order upgrade cost of 199 is going to change on release, what will the new price be ? I don't see any info on that. I am assuming an upgrade will still be available, as usual with other products offered here. Or is that price still yet to be determined ?

Excuse me if i am missing something here.

SampleTank 4 MAX Upgrade, currently $/€199.99, will be $/€299.99 after the pre-order/special pricing is done.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby krisindia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:59 am

Sir, Just waiting impatiently to download SampleTank 4. Already pre-ordered. Can I know when will it be available?
krisindia

Postby garfy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:37 am

21st Februrary...not too much longer to wait.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=st4date
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jhbmusic » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 pm

I Upgraded my ST3 to MAX Dec 24th, which had only a download option. When ST4 comes out, will it be only available via download, or can I somehow opt for the USB version (since like others a 250GB download will be painful)?
jhbmusic

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More