Miroslav Philharmonik 2 articulations

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 articulations

Postby skmanga » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi,
I am a new user of the Philharmonik 2 software!

I think I screwed up and got a compact 66 key keyboard instead of an 88 and now i don't have enough keys to take advantage of on the fly articulation switching?

Is it possible to take advantage of the feature on a compact keyboard?

Thank you!
skmanga

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 articulations

Postby garfy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:47 am

hello skmanga and welcome to the forums.

There are a couple of ways that you can still take advantage of the articulation switching although neither are perfect:

1) you could set your 66 note keyboard to octave down so you that the keys to switch articulation are at the bottom end. The downside to this is that you lose the ability to 'play' the highest notes.
2) You could use your mouse/track pad to do the switching on the GUI. The downside to this is that you will probably have to take one hand away from the keyboard.

In my set up, I use a 49-key controller to take care of the majority of the notes to be sounded and then a secondary 25-key controller to look after the lowest notes and the switching, although I do not use the KS function very often. There are plenty of very good and very reasonably priced controllers if you just need something for the switching.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 articulations

Postby skmanga » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Thank you very much.
I will try that, it seems to be just what I am looking for!
skmanga

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More