Keyswitches with 37 keys keyboard

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Keyswitches with 37 keys keyboard

Postby leo-kim » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:40 pm

I have a irig pro keyboard. It has 37 keys. If I want to use say the pop brass fullsound in sampletank 3, i can´t use the keyswitches because they are located at c-0 and up.
The range I want to play the sound in is so high that the c-0 is not available to me.

Is there any way to remap the keyswitches to higher notes?

I tried to transpose the sound in the edit page but then the c-0 also played the sound, as well as activating the keyswitch.

I also tried to limit the sound to notes from c-3 and up and and transposing them but doing that made the notes below unresponsive eg not activating the keyswitches.

Is there a way to acomplish this or do I need a 88 keyboard?

Regards
Mikael Johansson
Sweden
leo-kim

Re: Keyswitches with 37 keys keyboard

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm

You cannot remap the key switches. You either have to use the octave change and/or another additionally keyboard (or a keyboard with more keys). This is for performance. If recording, you can insert the key switches into your DAW MIDI track afterward.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Keyswitches with 37 keys keyboard

Postby leo-kim » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Thanks Peter.
I didn´t ,mention it but as you pointed out, I am using it live with sampletank 3 as an standalone unit.

I was mostly interested in the possibility to use keyswithes "live" when playing brass sounds , like getting a "fall" on the end of a phrase.
I have tried to use velocity switching but when playing several notes (chords) it is difficult to get all the notes to get over the velocity treshold so to speak.

Anyway, thanks for the speedy reply!

Regards
Mikael Johansson
Sweden
leo-kim

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More