Sample Tank 3 importing problem....

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 3 importing problem....

Postby jhamond987 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 am

Using the latest version of ST3, I've been unsuccessful in importing all my older ST2 libraries (about 45 GB which are all in my samples drive in the same default location when I unpacked the ST2 installer). When I click on "Browse" for the folder path (Import Legacy Instruments/Sounds (something like that)), all I get is the spinning blue circle (Win 'thinking') and it stays like that.
So I uninstalled the latest version and installed the previous version, but still get the same results (I rebooted after each uninstall). For some reason it gets hung up when searching the folder path, but it does install the new ST3 sample library content upon initial installation.

Anyone else have this issue? What can I do to resolve this?
(Should I move the (ST2) 45 GB folder inside the ST3 samples folder?)......it still sucks that the "Browser" isn't working.

Of note, I did contact support prior to this problem (last week) as I was able to use the "Browse" function to import the Legacy sounds, but after about 10 min into importing, ST3 gave a message stating it "Stopped Working" and basically had to shut down (did this on numerous attempts).

IK support suggested I import 1 folder at a time (so I would have to sit there and manually import all 45 GB's, 1 folder at a time ) and not direct it to the main library folder that contained all the samples......(wow, I was thinking something isn't right with this picture ). I have other VST synths with huge libraries (Alchemy) and it's a very straight forward process when directing the browser to the file path where the sounds are.

Anyway, on my first attempt in following IK's advice, I ran into the problem I have now.
jhamond987

Re: Sample Tank 3 importing problem....

Postby garfy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Hello jhammond987 and welcome to the forums.

I would suggest that replying to your ticket (to re-open it) would be the best thing to do, to continue getting official IK support.

This is a user-to-user forum so you may get someone chiming in who has had a similar experience, but IK Support will give you one-to-one help with your system.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Sample Tank 3 importing problem....

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Correct. Please continue working with IK Support and also please review the guidelines for posting on this forum at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as this type of post seeking support while working with support is mentioned. Thus, this thread has run its course per those guidelines and the forum rules.

I'm sure IK Support will resolve the issue with you if you continue to work with them.

Also, importing legacy libraries is different than simply pointing to libraries that are in the same format as the current product. SampleTank 3 is a brand new engine that requires an import process. It is also not bad advice to import each legacy product on its own, I did so with SampleMoog, SampleTron, a bunch of Sonic Reality sounds, etc etc etc and it didn't take long and was actually more comfortable a process as I could import, confirm, and test each on their own. It is legacy content, after all, so it will require some effort to get into the new engine.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More