Official Syntronik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Official Syntronik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:15 pm

This will be the official thread for Syntronik Mac/PC feature requests. Please post any feature requests here moving forward. All older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Official Syntronik Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby groovyomega » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 am

DAW (host) automation for all parameters and controls incl. fx rack.
groovyomega

Postby zzz00m » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Make all installed Syntronik oscillator samples searchable from the oscillator controls in the Synth Panel.
zzz00m

Postby groovyomega » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:50 am

Modern analog synths expansions (Moog One, Voyager, Minitaur, Sub Patty, Grand/Mother, Prophet, Minilogue, Prologue, Analog Four, Deepmind, Neutron, SE-02, SH-01, Peek, MiniBrute, MatrixBrute, ...)
groovyomega

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 pm

groovyomega wrote:DAW (host) automation for all parameters and controls incl. fx rack.

Thanks for the interest. I'll make sure this one gets passed to the team. If in the meantime you wish to control the Syntronik interface in your DAW. Please use MIDI control. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need help setting this up. This should be able to be used to the same extent as DAW (Host) automation.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 pm

zzz00m wrote:Make all installed Syntronik oscillator samples searchable from the oscillator controls in the Synth Panel.

Thanks for your interest here as well.

Make sure in the meantime to search "OSC" or "RAW". This should result in most, if not all of the the Syntronik RAW waveform samples. If you are looking for a particular shape waveform. This can also be searched for. Try 'Triangle', 'Square' (Or 'sqr'), or Sine for example.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby zzz00m » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:
zzz00m wrote:Make all installed Syntronik oscillator samples searchable from the oscillator controls in the Synth Panel.

Thanks for your interest here as well.

Make sure in the meantime to search "OSC" or "RAW". This should result in most, if not all of the the Syntronik RAW waveform samples. If you are looking for a particular shape waveform. This can also be searched for. Try 'Triangle', 'Square' (Or 'sqr'), or Sine for example.

Thanks Ryan, but that is what I have been doing.

This workflow would be greatly improved in this manner by not having to open up various presets to find other oscillator sample sets once you were already involved in modifying one as a custom user preset.

Like for example, say you had one preset almost the way you liked it that came with a 'Saw' by default, but you just wanted to try the same one out with a 'Square', without opening up another preset.
zzz00m

Postby silver-machine » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi
I find that offering 17 syntronics synths for bargain price that us faithful have to pay £99 for 5 synths upgrade from the one that is on offer. :roll:

Can't win em all!!!

John
silver-machine

Postby wilkeshyre » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Something essential that i feel is missing from Syntronik is full MIDI controller support and NKI / NKS Integration.

Syntronik IMO is the hands down best sounding vintage synth VI on the market, nothing sounds like it does, the layout, the non-existent cpu consumption, all of it is impeccably executed.

But the lack of complete midi controller support, and no NKI / NKS integration is a major hurdle, and an obstacle thats too big for the engineers i work with to even give it a shot, which is an absolute shame because even the free version of Syntronik is massive in its feature set and unmatched in terms of a "Free VI"

I find working engineers to be very pragmatic in their workflows, something like that will never be mentioned because they just back to whatever was working before.

Syntronik is the only VI i have ever used that doesn't auto map to the encoders on my Motif, typically, i open a soft-synth, and instantly the controls are mapped and functioning, which is wonderful because its one less step in the path to creativity.

Alot of the producers and engineers i work with, once their head is down over their controller, they don't want to look up, controllers like Ableton Push and Maschine are designed to be that way, and having to switch to a plugin window and a mouse is a major distraction, and interruption to the creative process. Adaptability and integration is paramount for the modern engineer and producer, these are essential components of an efficient workflow.

It seems like every direction in the studio is to move away from the mouse, from the Raven to nano / naked controllers, stream decks, ipad controllers and so on and so on, people want their hands off the mouse, and it's only just beginning, these devices are becoming nearly ubiquitous since their arrivals.

Proprietary controllers can be an obstacle as well because nearly everyone in an established environment already has a mess of controllers and more than likely aren't in the market for another redundant device.

i hope hope hope hope hope this gets read and considered!

NKI / NKS support would open up Syntronik (and the MODOs) to a very healthy and large market, if i could control Syntronik through my Maschine i would be absolutely thrilled, because its a real bummer when i'm working on that kind of production and i want syntronik but have to settle for a lesser product because the integration just isn't there.
wilkeshyre

Postby t.weindl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Please implement Host Automation!
t.weindl

Postby urbaneric » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:27 pm

+1 request for NKS support (although IK, like Arturia, may view NI as a competition, partner, or Coopetition). Arturia is on my naughty list for no NKS support the new synths in v8 (Juno, etc.). Why they don't have this is insane, it' not a heavy lift for them, but it could be totally intentional and by design. Their product folks reassured me in December it would be released "soon" in a free update but it's been so long now I smell something fishy. Plus there have been 1 or 2 updates already (still with no NKS support).

FreelanceSoundLabs does 3rd party NKS but unless IK follows pretty strict standards and discipline in their file system layouts and adheres to VST2 cross-platform guidelines, it's hard to maintain solid NKS hygiene and updates from NI can "break" everything. It's pretty rare, but it can happen and no one is going to dump resources into something easily broken.
urbaneric

Postby bdezlife » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:04 pm

DRIFT as a parameter you can turn up or down would be fun :)
bdezlife

Postby byron_dickens » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:35 am

Full-blown modeling.

A Polyvoks!
byron_dickens

Postby Wooot1899 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:19 pm

and since it has been postet in 2018 and still is missing:

allow host automation ... please
Wooot1899

Postby juergen_b » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Please provide download links for Syntronik 2 Sound Libraries and User's Guide from the "My Products" section on ikmultimedia.com.

All other products offer buttons "Sounds Download" and "Download Resources". Please add this to Syntronik 2. Thank you.
juergen_b

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More