Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby bdezlife » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:39 pm

Is it possible to automate the intensity and humanize controls in the Phrase? Am I missing something?
bdezlife

Postby bdezlife » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:19 pm

Please add support for MTS-ESP!
bdezlife

Postby kriss.andreo » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:38 am

I'll try to say my thought as simple and clear as possible.

I wish I could create my own instrument and save it somewhere. What I mean is create an instrument that is a mix of sampletank instruments and I choose for certain keys/notes what instrument I choose , for others some other etc.

For example for E4 I want a viola with the fx and attack , mix edit etc I choose. For F4 another instrument and allow me to do this for some notes or all. As many as I think is enough.

Maybe I'm asking too much but that's what I thought would be great.

I hope I made my self clear.

I am using sampletank 3 mainly.
kriss.andreo

Postby bdezlife » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:45 am

@kriss.andreo, this can be done already. You want to go into the multi editor.

It's easy in SampleTank 4 - and all your sounds will work in ST4, so you should just grab the Custom Shop upgrade which comes with a few new sounds and the ability to do this easily.
bdezlife

Postby jmcoffin » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:07 am

Is there a way to control vibrato with aftertouch ... like there is in Syntronik? If not, are there plans to add this feature soon? If not, then I have no use for Sampletank.

BTW, I would simply use Syntronik, except I also need Host Automation, which apparently Syntronik still doesn't support (while Sampletank 4 does). Argggh!

[mod redacted - unnecessary, please stick to the wishlist requests]
jmcoffin

Postby jmcoffin » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:58 am

My aftertouch question/issue was resolved by Promidi in another thread:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14117&p=121575#p121556
jmcoffin

Postby fiveblairs » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Forgive me if someone has already requested this, but the Electromagnetik Collection got me thinking, it would be great if IK could develop a really nice Hohner Pianet T and Pianet N for Sampletank. I have a Pianet that I imported currently available (can't remember if it's from an earlier version of ST or if I got it somewhere else) but both sonically and functionally it is mediocre at best.

The Electromagnetik instruments sound so good they got me thinking similar quality Pianets in ST would be a welcome addition.
fiveblairs

Postby DDemase1174 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:03 pm

I don't know if this is where you post requests for SampleTank sound libraries, but maybe a few large, extended electric guitar libraries in the vein of "American Acoustic" --- maybe one devoted to the Fender Stratocaster, one devoted to the Fender Telecaster, one devoted to the Gibson Les Paul Standard, maybe a hollowbody archtop guitar library, etc. would be useful. Maybe also a Fender Precision Bass library and an acoustic 12-string library as well?

And much agreed on having Pianet libraries. Maybe one for the RMI Electra 386 would also be nice.
DDemase1174

Postby Wooot1899 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:18 pm

allow host automation ... please :roll:
Wooot1899

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:19 pm

^^^
That is available in ST4.

------------------------------------
But the names published to the host are generic, not meaningful. For example:
"Parameter 1 - Part 1 Element 1 - L"
"Parameter 2 - Part 1 Element 1 - Z"
"Parameter 3 - Part 1 Element 1 - Z"

Much better would be
"1 - 001 Android Trance - Level"
"2 - 001 Android Trance - OSC 1 Level"
"3 - 001 Android Trance - FilterLevel"

Please publish helpful parameter names (as instruments from other manufacturers do).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rastismusic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Would it be possible in the future version to switch between the multis (sounds) in the "Live Mode" without any gap, just like in Mainstage or Gig Performer? I would love to use ST for live playing, but even with the fast loading time, it is completely useless - e.g. even just 1 second to load the next multi means, that in the medium tempo you loose at least half of the next bar.
Seamless switching would be a dream come true.
rastismusic

Postby hwlenzen » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 am

(English is not my mother tongue, sorry...)

I have been a user of Sample Tank since version 2.5 and version 3 is the one I have worked with the most and I have been very happy with it. Recently I bought the upgrade to version 4 MAX.
The GUI is a big change and I have to say: I liked the GUI of ST3 much better.
Why?
The ST4 GUI is much too dark, and the font contrasts too low.
This should definitely be improved.
The GUI is supposed to be scalable, but even on the smallest setting it is still way too big on my 17 inch laptop monitor @1920x1080 and covers almost everything else in my DAW (Cubase 11). I have to close the Windows taskbar to reach certain controls at the bottom in ST4.
hwlenzen

Postby penmark71 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:55 pm

I've seen a few posts regarding NKS compatibility, but haven't seen anything come from that. Is this something that is going to happen, or is it just going to remain a wish? Looking to get a Komplete Kontrol S88 and would absolutely LOVE if IK instruments were compatible with NKS.
penmark71

Postby DDemase1174 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:20 am

Two things I’ve also considered:

* Installing SampleTank 4 MAX, even when “cherry-picking” what content I wish to use on it, eats up a lot of memory/RAM in the end on my iMac, especially when paired up with Syntronik 2 MAX, AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop and T-RackS 5 Custom Shop. It would be nice to have a less memory-intensive version of SampleTank to work with in the future.

* I would love to see more of the MODO deep-edit options carry over to SampleTank in some way, generally speaking, or at least the kind of deep editing that AmpliTube 5 offers.

* Maybe a drawbar option for electric organ sounds, and organ stops for pipe organ sounds
DDemase1174

Postby jbrown3318 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:42 pm

hwlenzen wrote:(English is not my mother tongue, sorry...)

I have been a user of Sample Tank since version 2.5 and version 3 is the one I have worked with the most and I have been very happy with it. Recently I bought the upgrade to version 4 MAX.
The GUI is a big change and I have to say: I liked the GUI of ST3 much better.
Why?
The ST4 GUI is much too dark, and the font contrasts too low.
This should definitely be improved.
The GUI is supposed to be scalable, but even on the smallest setting it is still way too big on my 17 inch laptop monitor @1920x1080 and covers almost everything else in my DAW (Cubase 11). I have to close the Windows taskbar to reach certain controls at the bottom in ST4.

+1 on the ST4 GUI being too dark and unreadable. Nowadays, I only stay in ST4 long enough to render an instrument that may not exist in another application. No longer using in main productions as a result.
jbrown3318

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More