Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:13 pm

This will be the official thread for SampleTank Mac/PC feature requests. Please post any feature requests here moving forward. All older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby groovyomega » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:13 am

Resizable HDPI (retina) GUI.
groovyomega

Postby shmihe » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Offer Sampletank 4 Max preinstalled on a portable ssd.

One that is big enough to include all of the IK content that co-exists with ST4, plus room for future installs.
shmihe

Postby DDemase1174 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:27 am

Custom MIDI mapping, especially for drum kits
The ability to control the tuning and sustain rate of individual drum components
Adjustable drawbars for organ sounds
Full selection of pickup positions in all guitar libraries (individual and "blended" pickup positions)

There's this pet peeve Donald Fagen of Steely Dan loves to bring up in interview after interview about synthesizers sounding flatter higher up and sharper going down the keyboard harmonically, at least when it is not "a tempered keyboard without stretch tuning" that, if it holds water, would be a good thing to correct as well as possible.

https://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/don ... he-process
DDemase1174

Postby audioworks.hu » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Could someone confirm, that the SampleTank 4 AMP and FILTER ENV stages are plain linear please?

I would not ask and complain if we were in 1999 but i think the ENV stages must be flexible by default in 2019.

If not already, please add LOG/LIN/EXP AMP and FILTER ENV stages to SampleTank 4 feature request list.
audioworks.hu

Postby DLaughlin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:54 am

I would love to see NKS format support in SampleTank 4. I think IK Multimedia could benefit by supporting more of the DAWS and formats available today.
DLaughlin

Postby DDemase1174 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:12 am

Another idea (maybe far-fetched, but it may be worth looking into):

Can IK Multimedia "remaster" the Xpansion Libraries, maybe bring them up to date in sound quality/realism/effects/multisampled detail on the same level as what's in the built-in library in ST4, and maybe offer the updated Xpansion Libraries to those who'd already purchased them for ST2 or ST3? It would be nice to hear upgraded versions of the patches from Vintage Keys or Acoustic Guitar Collection or Electric Guitar Collection or Omnisynth with the new standards ST4 will deliver.
DDemase1174

Postby richmn » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:03 pm

Now that we have a new version, does it make sense to start a new thread? Can we close this with an indication of what has been addressed in 4.0?
richmn

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:47 am

I'd like to be able to buy instrument-groups one by one. With Sample Tenk 4 You have only TWO acoustic drumsets, I'd like to buy all the drums, basses and organs, but not the full Sampletank Max library....
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby Kohtaro » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 am

I need "SampleTank From 4 to 4MAX" upgrade!

Please rescue 4 standard users, they pre-ordered with no information. :cry:
Kohtaro

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:19 pm

Kohtaro wrote:I need "SampleTank From 4 to 4MAX" upgrade!

Please rescue 4 standard users, they pre-ordered with no information. :cry:

Please contact IK Support to see if there are any options available to you as there aren't any specifically listed on the web site and the mods/admins of this forum would not have access to such options/information. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jhbmusic » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:38 pm

the new interface is a HUGE improvement, now, how about some control surface support?
jhbmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:45 pm

jhbmusic wrote:the new interface is a HUGE improvement, now, how about some control surface support?

You should be able to map via MIDI though I'm not sure your control surface supports that. My first assumption is it would but that's because mine does so sorry if that is not the correct assumption.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jhbmusic » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jhbmusic wrote:the new interface is a HUGE improvement, now, how about some control surface support?

You should be able to map via MIDI though I'm not sure your control surface supports that. My first assumption is it would but that's because mine does so sorry if that is not the correct assumption.

I admit, I haven't had a lot of 'playing' time yet, but I see the following from the manual:
"The MIDI connector icon at the lower right opens the MIDI Panel where you can view and edit MIDI Continuous Controller assignments for each of the 16 Parts as well for the Return Channels and the Master Channel."

So I expect that's what I'm looking for, thanks!
jhbmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:22 pm

jhbmusic wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

I admit, I haven't had a lot of 'playing' time yet, but I see the following from the manual:
"The MIDI connector icon at the lower right opens the MIDI Panel where you can view and edit MIDI Continuous Controller assignments for each of the 16 Parts as well for the Return Channels and the Master Channel."

So I expect that's what I'm looking for, thanks!

No problem! I was trying to be fair in not assuming that all control surfaces will be able to map via MIDI just because mine is (it is rather old, but so am I so it is OK with me :) ).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More