Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby kfortin » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 am

1) A modern installer like Pulse or Continuata Connect.

2) Contrast or luminance adjustment for the GUI.
Last edited by kfortin on Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kfortin

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:39 pm

In ST4's browser: show each ST3-Imported library as a CATEGORY. Based on the folders found in ST3's Imported Samples folder.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Michael Loughlin » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Some different skins would be good, and UI variations which make things stand out a bit more boldly. I love a "dark" themed skin in most things I use as it inhibits eye-strain etc....but this should ideally be augmented with excellent brightness and luminosity on and around the control surfaces to give you that "Boeing 737 night approach in a dark cockpit" sensation where every nob and dial has a bright neon presence which feels reassuringly "there" and accessible.
SampleTank 4...i7 core 7700, 32 Gig Ram...Ableton Live
Michael Loughlin

Postby integratron » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:57 pm

Sorry for all the posts - I think Sampletank Syntronik presets tagged "FAVORITE" from the Syntronic instruments should show in Syntronik. Also, all the Syntronik presets tagged "FAVORITE" should show on Sampletank. 8-)
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby integratron » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:24 pm

betech01 wrote:When will SampleTank sound effects include famous quotes from those that spoke them?

Don't hold your breath!! :shock:
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby integratron » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm

:lol:
integratron

Postby bdezlife » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:11 pm

Would love:
  • To make the UI smaller
  • Faster instantiation of plugin, loading already instantiated plug-in UI, etc. It's pretty slow in general.
  • Convert from other formats, perhaps SFZ? I think being able to round out the content included with some 3rd party stuff would be great, however despite the editor I don't see much yet. Maybe we can give some sample libraries creators a nudge?
  • I can't find an expander or gate anywhere in the effects and want one for drum loops
bdezlife

Postby RikkShow » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:07 am

Hi, after working a couple of weeks designing my own patches in ST4, mainly using the ST4 engine. I see a nice opportunity to add the following:

Better text contrast and FX menu sorted like MixBox
    Modern synth Reverb, e.g. like Spire VST.
    Modulation targets from Env/LFOs in the Matrix to FX parameters of the Effects Rack.
    Name Midi CC1 "Mod Wheel" in the Mod Matrix and move it up in the selection window.
    Envelope "curve" settings on front page.
    Possibility to lock the edit page, so you can change only the sampled sound, but keep the filter and mod matrix settings.
    Add 2 MSEG's with loop function, sync/free.
    Allow for user mapping of imported samples, e.g. like Maschine 2, just drag in and adjust spread etc.
RikkShow

Postby nwa305 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:05 am

Wish list =

1. A sounds installer that works directly with the zip/dmg files. It should ask you for the source folder where it would find the zip files, then ask for the destination folders separately for ST4 and ST3 sounds, and then process all the zip files that it finds in that source folder all at once.

2. A direct method for getting ST2-era sounds (including the original Expansion Tanks, note the "E") into ST4 without having to install a version of ST3 first.

(Just brainstorming: since there are technical issues otherwise, could the Editor be enhanced to pull the sound data from the old ST2 instruments files so that users can create new ST4 instruments from them? If several of those older instruments could be combined into ranges, layers, or round robins using the editor, that would be amazing.)

3. As many others have noted, improvements in the visibility of the user interface. The poor contrast and darkness are hard on the eyes, causing sessions to become physically painful due to eye strain and fatigue. In addition to improving the contrast, would it be possible to have the effects or other smaller elements pop up into larger windows when they are clicked? I have to use the Windows magnification tools to see what the knobs say and what the current levels are on many of the effects.

4. Improvements to the efficiency of the engine itself. Like others have reported, I also get the crackling noises when playing many notes simultaneously - even without a sustain pedal. I'm using an 8-core, 4 gHz (AMD Fx series) CPU with 16 gig of RAM, and I get crackling when I play 7 or 8 notes simultaneously on the 3.1 GB versions of the C7 piano, even AFTER tweaking my buffer settings. I'm thinking that shouldn't be happening, but clearly I'm not the only one having those issues. I'm guessing that more very large instruments are on the horizon, so I hope that memory utilization and CPU core utilization can be optimized to help more of us play more of those large instruments without those kinds of issues.

5. More details about source instruments (eg manufacturer and model) in the info section that pops up when you click on an instrument in the instrument browser. For example, the Upright Piano is wonderful. But what piano was sampled to make this gem?
nwa305

Postby RikkShow » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:10 pm

One more thing. Wet/Dry for each FX slot, at least for single patches, but great if available for Multi patch FX slots too. I see MixBox has it.

A Gain slider for the Patch after the FX. I see several factory patches have volume inconsistencies and it is hard to set an equal volume as your may need to drive certain stages for desired effect, thus the end volume will depend on what FX you used and the final patch volume can be quite different.
RikkShow

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:05 pm

Please add editing capabilities (insert / change / remove) to the "MIDI Assignments" and "Automations" windows
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby anilnc » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:19 pm

My wish list would be better or similar preset navigation management as in ST3.

And instrument name filter in category.

For example if I want slap bass guitar, I select Bass (which is there currently) but then I need type of articulations or guitar names, it's being difficult to search in full list. Sometimes when I type in the search field, it looks the word I type match with the preset names. So I should know exact spelling.

In st3 it was in sub folders so was much convenient.
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby zzz00m » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:29 pm

anilnc wrote:My wish list would be better or similar preset navigation management as in ST3.

In st3 it was in sub folders so was much convenient.

The folder view is still there. Just click the little grayed out folder icon to switch.
zzz00m

Postby anilnc » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:16 am

zzz00m wrote:The folder view is still there. Just click the little grayed out folder icon to switch.

Great. Thanks a lot. But why for Bass it don't have sub folder like Acoustic bass, Electric, variations? Something like for guitar folder and Drums folder.
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:38 pm

The folder view is the same as the folder organisation on disk.

I think that, if you know what you are doing, you can rearrange the instruments into sub-folders (but not the samples). Proceed at you own risk ;)

Getting to the folder view takes a long time for me as it looks like the complete folder hierarchy is rebuilt by ST4 each time. Mind you, I do have about 38,000 instruments in 1,800 folders
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More