Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby ski88keys » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Smoother mouse scrolling through libraries, categories, filters, and instruments lists.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby quietman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Is there any way that ST4 can load the preset up without double clicking? Another well known vst already has this built in...
quietman

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:27 pm

quietman wrote:Is there any way that ST4 can load the preset up without double clicking? Another well known vst already has this built in...

Yes, there are a couple way. I prefer to use the arrow keys on my typing keyboard, but sometimes MIDI Remote control can be a preferred method. This can be set up in Settings under the Remote tab.

Typing Keyboard:
Up/Down - Select instrument
Right - Load selected instrument
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby zzz00m » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:15 am

Ryan_IK wrote:
Typing Keyboard:

Thank for that tip! I figured out the up/down part, but had no clue about the right arrow!

It works great! :D
zzz00m

Postby shmihe » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:29 pm

zzz00m wrote:
Ryan_IK wrote:
Typing Keyboard:

Thank for that tip! I figured out the up/down part, but had no clue about the right arrow!

It works great! :D

Awesome!!!!

Same here: up/down I knew, I kept trying to hit enter. And my mouse hand has cramps from clicking on so many files and presets this last week...
shmihe

Postby Hummy123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi there. I really love some of the instruments IK has included in ST4 MAX and MP2, like the nylon guitar, the 5-string bass and the strings are really great. Their quality exceeded my expectations a lot. The woodwinds in general) and pianos are lovely, too.

I was wondering if IK could possibly include a wider variety of flutes (like pan flutes; the jazzy flute in ST4 MAX sometimes clips for me, although I like the one in MP2) and another harp (the concert harp in MP2 is a bit tlo "plucky", I think)? I don't know if instrument requests are valid, but those would be nice.

Thanks, and good job on continually releasing great products!
Hummy123

Postby ski88keys » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Hummy123 wrote:Hi there. I really love some of the instruments IK has included in ST4 MAX and MP2, like the nylon guitar, the 5-string bass and the strings are really great. Their quality exceeded my expectations a lot. The woodwinds in general) and pianos are lovely, too.

I was wondering if IK could possibly include a wider variety of flutes (like pan flutes; the jazzy flute in ST4 MAX sometimes clips for me, although I like the one in MP2) and another harp (the concert harp in MP2 is a bit tlo "plucky", I think)? I don't know if instrument requests are valid, but those would be nice.

Thanks, and good job on continually releasing great products!

Since you have MAX, there are more flutes in ST3 and the ST2 libraries.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby richmn » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:50 am

Feature wish - Keyboard shortcuts to optimize workflow and mouse click/drag for values.
*1. Keyboard shortcut to 'favorite' a preset. So I can just use up/down, right arrows, and the shortcut, to quickly audition and mark sounds that I like.
*2. Keyboard shortcuts to navigate up/down in Appregiator/Strummer/Phrases Presets. It's not fun having to keep mousing through the menus to try another variation.
*3. I like how I can click on the Channel number and drag up or down to adjust the number. It would be nice to do that with other number values (like tempo). Click tempo and drag up or down to adjust the number (would be great if that worked with touch too!). If I have to use the mouse anyway (to select), it's great when I don't have to then switch to keyboard to finish the adjustment.
richmn

Postby praisetracks » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:45 pm

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:It would be nice to see the size of the instrumnt before I load it (like NI has) and also see the memory usage, so I don't need to run separate app to monitor the memory usage. Also the "light" versions of the instruments would be nice. ST3 had this option for some instrumets. They were called "compact" if I remeber correctly

+1 For all of the above.
Having the size of the instruments you are looking to load or create a multi with gives you much needed information when planning, etc.. It just helps in understanding how to manage your memory and especially true if you are in a situation where memory might be constrained.

Having lite or compact patches also helps in this regard. They are also useful when just doing sketches and composites where you really want to focus on speed and performance. When you get something near the final stage then you could switch to the HQ (high quality) patches to do your final rendering and mixdowns.

Joyfully,
Simeon
PraiseTracks.com
praisetracks

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Wed May 01, 2019 6:53 am

With ST4 and the memory usage, I think the main problem whn using wuth DAW is - even If I want to use only few sounds from ST4, i Sill have to load the full multitrack plugin that takes a lot of memory.
If ST4 was a full midi player-editor, it would be fine the way it is now, but if you works with midi, DAW and virtual instruments, it does not work this way. Solytion would be, if I can load only single unit with single sound. I hope I can explain me as I think (english is not my first language).
If you word with DAW and multitrack midi, you have number of tracks with different sounds and plugins. ST4 wors, as if it was so good, that I only use sounds from it. Nope, it is not :-) So I want to load only single unit with single sound. And them maybe to another track another single unit with single sound. But now I have to load the full multritrack unit that takes a lot of memory even without sounds loaded ! (free memory dropped nearly one GB! - none of the other VI-s I use need this much memory just as a plugin with no sounds loaded)

Using ST4 as MULTITRACK UNIT in MULTITRACK DAW is nonsense. Make it a full time midi editor-player or make it as a single unit plugin.
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 01, 2019 5:17 pm

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:With ST4 and the memory usage, I think the main problem whn using wuth DAW is - even If I want to use only few sounds from ST4, i Sill have to load the full multitrack plugin that takes a lot of memory.
If ST4 was a full midi player-editor, it would be fine the way it is now, but if you works with midi, DAW and virtual instruments, it does not work this way. Solytion would be, if I can load only single unit with single sound. I hope I can explain me as I think (english is not my first language).
If you word with DAW and multitrack midi, you have number of tracks with different sounds and plugins. ST4 wors, as if it was so good, that I only use sounds from it. Nope, it is not :-) So I want to load only single unit with single sound. And them maybe to another track another single unit with single sound. But now I have to load the full multritrack unit that takes a lot of memory even without sounds loaded ! (free memory dropped nearly one GB! - none of the other VI-s I use need this much memory just as a plugin with no sounds loaded)

Using ST4 as MULTITRACK UNIT in MULTITRACK DAW is nonsense. Make it a full time midi editor-player or make it as a single unit plugin.

Please make sure you have 4.0.4 installed. There were massive optimizations and the base plugin doesn't take a lot of memory. Having SampleTank 4 instantiated this way is also the basis of SampleTank being a multi-out/multitimbral workstation. Please make sure you have the latest version installed and if you have issues please contact support. There are already massive resource optimizations made in the latest version.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby slagpile » Thu May 02, 2019 11:51 am

Have requested this before but would love to see a sequencer featuring at least 8 tracks to build a pattern. Then a chaining feature to chain these pattern sequences into a full song this way I could just open Sampletank and complete a project inside the one program. Also, a resizable GUI that can be used on any graphics card not just a certain type. When I got ST4 I thought that was what I was getting. Hope these come to fruition.
slagpile

Postby richmn » Thu May 02, 2019 11:20 pm

I would like to see updated system requirements (eg. "Preferred") to know what I need to use SampleTank 4.0.4 for live playing purposes (multiple layered instruments, eg. C7s and multiple synths).

I exceed the system requirements with a 6 core CPU, SSD, all the standard tuning for audio, 12GB of RAM and a dedicated ASIO interface. But I have to keep increasing buffers to play (with 512 I am getting crackling and 1024 feels too delayed to me). I use the pedal a lot which compounds the problem, but really I just want to enjoy the sounds. To work around SampleTank's thirst for resources I got Vienna Ensemble Pro so I could run SampleTank (or other VST's) on another machine...but I'd rather just have everything work on one computer.

Games often have minimum and preferred system requirements. What would I need to not have the crackling when playing live with SampleTank 4 in standalone mode? I know the answer could include some 'it depends', but seriously, assuming I have a decent ASIO interface that works great with everything else at 5-10ms latency, what spec of CPU/RAM do I need to have SampleTank 'just work'?
richmn

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 am

richmn wrote:I would like to see updated system requirements (eg. "Preferred") to know what I need to use SampleTank 4.0.4 for live playing purposes (multiple layered instruments, eg. C7s and multiple synths).

I exceed the system requirements with a 6 core CPU, SSD, all the standard tuning for audio, 12GB of RAM and a dedicated ASIO interface. But I have to keep increasing buffers to play (with 512 I am getting crackling and 1024 feels too delayed to me). I use the pedal a lot which compounds the problem, but really I just want to enjoy the sounds. To work around SampleTank's thirst for resources I got Vienna Ensemble Pro so I could run SampleTank (or other VST's) on another machine...but I'd rather just have everything work on one computer.

Games often have minimum and preferred system requirements. What would I need to not have the crackling when playing live with SampleTank 4 in standalone mode? I know the answer could include some 'it depends', but seriously, assuming I have a decent ASIO interface that works great with everything else at 5-10ms latency, what spec of CPU/RAM do I need to have SampleTank 'just work'?

Same here. Yes, I have installed 4.04 but there is no way to use buffer 512 or lower, or I have the crackling sound. I use Roland Octa Capture soundcard, no problem with other virtual synths even with 256 buffer size and audio quality up to 96000 and 24 bit.
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby zzz00m » Sat May 04, 2019 4:10 pm

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:
richmn wrote:I would like to see updated system requirements (eg. "Preferred") to know what I need to use SampleTank 4.0.4 for live playing purposes (multiple layered instruments, eg. C7s and multiple synths).

Same here. Yes, I have installed 4.04 but there is no way to use buffer 512 or lower, or I have the crackling sound. I use Roland Octa Capture soundcard, no problem with other virtual synths even with 256 buffer size and audio quality up to 96000 and 24 bit.

I think that IK has made some nice memory optimizations with 4.0.4, and in addition to lowering the memory footprint, seems to have resolved some crashing issues I was having with several large instruments. I thank them for that! :D

So now it would be nice if they focused on CPU optimization.

It seems that when ST4 is used as a plugin, all of the instrument parts in a single instance of ST4 are channeled through a single CPU core/thread. So it gets very CPU hungry very quickly as it is dependent on the clock speed of a single core.

I frequently reach the breaking point with more than 2 or 3 instrument parts per plug-in instance, no matter what my audio buffer is set to.

So my only alternative is to use multiple instances of the ST4 plug-in with no more that 2 parts each. That kind of defeats the point of having a multi-timbral, multi output plug-in, don't you think?

I am thankful for the sound quality of the new ST4 instruments, but I don't see this extreme CPU hit with other multi-timbral plugins...
zzz00m

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More