Just got Total Studio 2 MAX - how to install/upgrade things

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Just got Total Studio 2 MAX - how to install/upgrade things

Postby jezebabe » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Specifically, I want to make sure that:

1. When I install full Miroslav 2 I can still use Miroslav 2 CE for any projects that might still use it, at least until I can update them to use the superior library. Can they co-exist and if so is there anything I need to do to make this happen? Are the main VSTs the same for both CE and Full so it's just the sounds folder that's different or something else? Do you have to unzip and run the installer in each of the 16 zip files?

2. I have Syntronik Free and Syntronik PRO-V installed already. Do I need to uninstall these before I install full Syntronik?

Thanks
Jez
jezebabe

Re: Just got Total Studio 2 MAX - how to install/upgrade thi

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:54 pm

1a) The MP2 install will replace the MP2 CE one. And any projects that use MP2 CE should still load OK.

1b) Accordingly, co-existence is not relevant.

1c) I understand that the MP2 and MP2 CE software are the same; the Serial Number determines what sounds are authorized.

1d) Yes, for peace of mind, I would unzip and install all the Sound Library files. You'll need any Sounds Updater ZIPs too.

2a) No. Again, the software is the same; the Serial Number(s) control what sounds are Authorized.

3 For both:
3a) just for safety, back up any instruments / multis that you have made / modified so that you can reinstate them after the installs,
3b) check that you have the latest versions of the software. If not, then download and install them,
3c) when you are happy that everything is installed and running OK and your projects are OK: you may be able to Transfer your MP2 CE and Syntronik Pro-V licences to someone-else, for a Transfer fee.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Just got Total Studio 2 MAX - how to install/upgrade thi

Postby jezebabe » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:38 pm

That was quick and very helpful, thanks DarkStar!

I hadn't even thought about the possibility of reselling some parts so that is a bonus and will count towards the cost of the upgrade :D
jezebabe

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More