Are refunds possible in certain situations?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Are refunds possible in certain situations?

Postby JohnnyUtah » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:42 am

Last night, I accidentally purchased Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE, instead of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (full version). Since my system is 64bit, I'm completely unable to use CE, which is for 32bit only.

It is depressing because I don't have a lot of money and this purchase was supposed to be an Xmas gift to myself. There are also some great Black Friday deals going on all this weekend, but support will probably not reply to the ticket I opened until Monday.

I realize that the forum isn't really meant for posting for support, but I'm posting on here to see if I could possibly get help before the Black Friday weekend is over. :cry:

My ticket number: #127038
JohnnyUtah

Re: Are refunds possible in certain situations?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello JohnnyUtah and welcome to the forum.

You are right, this is primarily a user to user forum and even the Administrators and Moderators could not give you a definitive answer on this question.

I see that you have already raised a Support Ticket; that is the way to go. Right now, MP2 CE and MP2 are the same price. In your position I would politely ask if an exchange were possible.

PS Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE is 64-bit only. Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX. The original MP was 32-bit only.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JohnnyUtah » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:08 am

I was able to get the sound libraries to show up within the program, but I'm still having trouble with getting sounds to play using my MIDI keyboard.

When I double click on a sound in the instruments tab, I get a Failed to Load Instrument error.

I have made sure that the MIDI keyboard has been selected in the MIDI in settings.

I'm using a Keystation 61 MK3.

I'm having trouble working the keyswitch feature and also not sure how to set up the macro controls.
JohnnyUtah

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:21 am

When I double click on a sound in the instruments tab, I get a Failed to Load Instrument error.

That sound like the sample files have not been installed (or MP2 is not pointed at the correct folder).
-- where is the sounds library installed?
-- what is in the MP2 settings Disk Path?

Have a look in your MP2 Sounds library folder
-- how many "instrument-definition" files (.st3i file extension) are in the MP folder and sub-folders?
-- how much disk space do they take up?
-- how many sample files (.pak file extension) are in the MP folder and sub-folders?
-- how much disk space do they take up?

What specific problems do you have with the key-switches and Macros?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Moved to the appropriate sub forum.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:43 pm

JohnnyUtah as sent me some info and screenshots:

The paths to the Instruments and Samples folders are:
C: Program Files>Common Files>Avid>Audio>Plug-Ins>instruments
C: Program Files>Common Files>Avid>Audio>Plug-Ins>samples

And the contents are:
Instruments 300MB for 733 files in 173 folders
Samples: 3.72GB for 234 files in 43 folders.

Now:
(a) I would not expect to see those folders in the Plug-ins folder (is that an AAX thing, I've no idea) and normally they both are in a "SampleTank 3" folder. Mine are in L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3 (yep, on a separate disk)

(b) MP2 CE has a 10GB library with 733 instruments. So the contents of the Instrument file looks OK. But the Samples folder is missing a lot; it contained only the Brass, Chromatic and Miroslav Philharmonik sub-folders.

Action:
(a) Contact Support about the correct location for the folders - you may just be able to move them. Start MP2 CE and set that new location in the Settings.
(b) Download and install the rest of the Sounds Library files (no, I do not know how many there are).

Good luck.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby JohnnyUtah » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:52 pm

I hope that I don't need to have Sampletank installed just to get this program to work?

I assumed that isn't the case since it is advertised as a standalone.

I contacted support, but I'm actually still waiting to see if a straight exchange is possible (not asking for a refund) since the prices are the same and I meant to purchase the full version.

Would it be better if I just cut and pasted the instrument and sample and possibly all of the MP 2 CE files in general to say my D drive instead of having them saved in their default file paths (in the C drive)?

Would a straight cut and paste job, really mess things up?

I can resinstall, but I was really hoping to get this working without doing so...
JohnnyUtah

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Nope you do not need SampleTank 3 installed; the MP2 sounds library files are generally installed into the SampleTank 3 Library, so that ST3 can access them too.

Cutting and pasting files? I would not recommend it, unless you know exactly what you are doing. I cannot see your system so cannot advise you how. It would be much safer to get precise instructions from Support.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby JohnnyUtah » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 pm

A strange thing I noticed is that although I left all the file paths at their default when installing, all the files except for the VST2 and VST3 folders saved into this file path:

C: Program Files>Common Files>Avid>Audio>Plug-Ins

These folders include: Effects Presets, Exported Patterns, Imported Instruments, Instrument Samples, Instruments, Library Info, Multis, Patterns, Philharmonik 2.aaxplugin (maybe some other file sound file type, no idea as well), Samples and Sets

In the screenshot below, you can see that the VST2 and VST3 folders saved outside of the Avid folder...as the default filepath, which is strange and confusing.

JohnnyUtah

Postby JohnnyUtah » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:12 am

Support replied to my ticket saying if I buy and register the full version, they can refund me for MP2CE, which is great.

I came across this list in another post comparing the two versions:

Miroslav Philharmonic 2 CE
----VERSUS---
Miroslav Philharmonic 2:
-Over 10GB of 16-bit / 44.1kHz samples
----vs----
-Over 58GB of 24-bit / 96kHz high-definition samples
-Over 700 instruments that represent the full spectrum of Miroslav Philharmonik 2's emotionally expressive orchestral library
----vs----
-Over 2,700 stereo instruments that cover the complete orchestral spectrum and more
-(here is nothing like this)
----vs----
-Includes the complete original Miroslav Philharmonik sound library optimized for more control with articulation switching and enhanced macros
-Standalone workstation, DAW plug-in or add-on Instrument collection for SampleTank 3
----vs----
-(here is nothing like this) Why is there nothing listed here?

Before switching versions in an exchange I wanted to verify if the full version works as a standalone and can be as a DAW plug-in as well?

I now know both versions are compatible with 64bit, so no problems there.
JohnnyUtah

Postby JohnnyUtah » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:16 am

Just found the answers to my own questions sorry:

Specs
Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a Standalone application
JohnnyUtah

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 am

Good oh! But you need to sort out the install locations for the plug-in software and the sounds library with Support.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More