SampleTank 3 Crashes Loading Certain Sounds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 3 Crashes Loading Certain Sounds

Postby Pendejo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:10 am

I have SampleTank 3 (ver. 3.7.3) installed on my 2015 MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6. When I attempt to load certain organ sounds like Bow Organ and Combo Organ 4, they don’t load and it causes SampleTank to crash. There may be some other sounds that would cause SampleTank to crash if you attempt to load them, but I haven’t tried to load every available sound. So I completely uninstalled SampleTank and deleted all the sample files. I then downloaded SampleTank and all the sample files again, and then re-installed them. But unfortunately, this did not solve the problem, and attempting to load those sounds will still cause SampleTank to crash. Has anyone else run into this problem, and does anyone know how to correct it? Thanks!
Pendejo

Re: SampleTank 3 Crashes Loading Certain Sounds

Postby garfy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 am

Hello Pendejo and welcome to the forum.

This was a known issue in version 3.7.1 and was fixed in 3.7.2.

However, I have just tried those two instrument patches in 3.7.3 and can confirm that it does indeed crash here as well (specs in sig).

You could roll back to version 3.7.2 where you will hopefully be able to use those patches, although be aware that 3.7.3 added support for the "London Grooves" instrument collection, so if you have that installed you will not be able to use it.

Then, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ as this is primarily a user-to-user forum and not direct to IK support. I will also raise a ticket alerting them to this and hopefully they will issue a bug fix in due course.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Pendejo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Thank you so much for your reply and for your assistance Garfy. I just submitted a support ticket as you suggested. If need be, I can certainly live without access to those sounds. But I was also curious if there were any other sounds that I haven’t attempted to load yet that would also cause ST3 to crash. I’ve played through hundreds (if not thousands) of ST3 sounds, and I haven’t had that issue with any other sounds. But there are thousands more that I haven’t even attempted to load yet. It’s so great that ST3 has such a huge library of sounds. Has anyone had this issue with any other sounds other than those two organ sounds? Thanks again Garfy!
Pendejo

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Related: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14963&p=76244

OK in old versions
Crashed in v3.7.1
Fixed in v.3.7.2
Crashed in v3.7.3

Please report the recurrence of the problem to Support, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Pendejo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Thank you DarkStar! I actually did see that thread previously when I was looking for a solution to this issue. So I was surprised that it’s still an issue in v3.7.3 after it had been fixed in v3.7.2. So that’s why I submitted my own thread on this issue. But it looks like IK Multimedia is good at addressing and fixing issues promptly, which is great. So hopefully this issue will get resolved soon. Thanks again DarkStar!
Pendejo

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Hey Guys!

Sorry to hear of the troubles.

At this time, the team is aware of this behavior and looking into resolutions. Please be sure to stay tuned for the next update to SampleTank 3.

*This issue seems to only be mac OS related, so if you are a Windows user experiencing any similar behavior. Please reach out to support.

Please do note however, as garfy mentions, this is not a technical support forum. This is for user-to-user discussion. Please read through the new rules/guidelines at the link below.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

In the future, keep in mind the best option when running into any issues will be to contact IK Multimedia support. They would have the most up to date information on any possible issues and resolutions.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More