Miroslav inside or outside Sampletank?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav inside or outside Sampletank?

Postby HowlingUlf » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:23 pm

hi ppl! :)

I got Miroslav Philharmonic 2 and SampleTank 3 as part of some Studio De Luxe package earlier this year. I installed it and now I think I like it.

Big question: Is it any advantage in running Miroslav as a separate VSTi in your DAW or is it better to just let SampleTank do it all? Do I miss something with either scenario? Or is there some benefit in either plugin not apparent on the outside, like let's say some routing, mapping, memory handling, number of something useful that's obvious when you have used both for a while but not for me right now?

Or pros and cons?
Or dos and don'ts?

I think you get the picture now? :D

TIA
Total Studio 3.5 MAX
Win10 64 i7 32GB | Cubase Pro 11 | +++
HowlingUlf

Re: Miroslav inside or outside Sampletank?

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:20 pm

I think that the ST3 and MP2 functionalities are the same.

If you load the MP2 instruments in ST3 then you can layer them with all the other ST3 (and Syntronik) instruments as Multis. use comon Sends etc
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Tony.F » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:10 pm

I just resolved a strange conflict (actually two) with PH2 and Cubase 10 (see in your sig line you use Cubase 9.5).

I probably should have waited before updating from 9.5 to 10 but nevertheless, the issues I was having in Cubase using PH2 as a VSTi was that on some patches part of the note range wouldn't play either from the PH2 piano keyboard interface (within Cubase) or from any of my midi controllers. The other issue is that the key switching wouldn't respond with multi's.

By selecting ST3 (which I just recently installed after purchasing the orchestral percussion library) as the plug-in with PH2 loaded in it both conflicts are resolved.

I have no idea why as I couldn't seem to find any setting in Cubase to account for it and running PH2 in stand alone mode everything was fine as well. These two features just didn't work well with PH2 as the plug-in inside of Cubase.

Point is if you experience any issues running PH2 in Cubase, try running PH2 within ST3 as the plug-in instead.

This all occurred even after (today) updating PH2 to the 2.0.5 version of PH2.
Tony.F

Postby Tony.F » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Ugh. I spoke too soon. While the key switch issue has been resolved there is still one sustain patch in the violin ensemble multi that doesn't produce sound in the lower register of the keyboard range of the instrument. This is both within Cubase and stand alone within ST3.
Tony.F

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:07 am

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help or problem-solving.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby HowlingUlf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:36 am

Oh, here it is hehe ...
Sorry for the late thank you.
I think running MP from withing ST is good enough for now.

I just saw a SampleTank 4 video, though ... :shock: :lol: 8-)
Total Studio 3.5 MAX
Win10 64 i7 32GB | Cubase Pro 11 | +++
HowlingUlf

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More