SampleTank 25 in Pro Tools 2018? (2012 mac mini)

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 25 in Pro Tools 2018? (2012 mac mini)

Postby Judastree » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:33 pm

First time caller, long time listener.

So, SampleTank isn't showing up in my plug-ins...can someone tell me where to put this dang thing?

It will fire up as a stand alone but won't recognize my Emu keyboard,

I'm running High Sierra and Pro Tools 2018 on a late 2012 Mac Mini

Thanks Everyone.
Judastree

Re: SampleTank 25 in Pro Tools 2018? (2012 mac mini)

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Hey Judastree,

Thanks for your post.

Please note, SampleTank 3 is 64-bit only. SampleTank 2 is 32-bit only. Make sure you are using the correct version of your DAW to access the correct version of SampleTank. Pro Tools 2018 should be a 64-bit only DAW. I believe with Pro Tools 11, Avid dropped 32-bit plug-in support.

*If you have SampleTank 2 sounds, please use SampleTank 3 CS (Custom Shop) to load your sounds into this version of Pro Tools. This is a free download in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/).

Note - This is a user-to-user discussion forum. This is not technical support. For direct technical support, please use the link below to contact the team.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Judastree » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:16 pm

Right, I get all of that....I downloaded the STMax Crossgrade but its still not showing up in my plug ins and I can't get any of the sounds into the library. It fires up as a standalone but has no instruments in the library.

You guys need to make exact directions on installing this.
Judastree

Postby Judastree » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Also, What is the difference between SampleTank 3 and SampleTank Max? Why are they listed in MY PRODUCTS as two different items but show up as the same thing?
Judastree

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 pm

SampleTank MAX is a collection of SampleTank collections. SampleTank 3 is one of the included collections in SampleTank MAX which is why they are listed separately.

Note * This is also the version SampleTank is currently on, so your plug-ins and software will be titled 'SampleTank 3'.

For your issues with your sounds not appearing. Check under 'Sounds Downloads' for the included sound content. Download and install all parts before getting started. These are separate downloads from your software.

As for your plug-ins not appearing. Make sure you are using a 64-bit DAW. SampleTank 3 is a 64-bit only plug-in and will not appear in 32-bit DAWs.

If this information does not help, please open a technical support ticket at the link below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Judastree » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Hey, Thanks Ryan. We got it working, I had to call my friend Clay to come over and walk my dumbass through it. The only problem I am having now is getting my existing songs that I have used ST2.5 on won't auto load ST3 when I open them so I am hoping to figure that out. Also, I am trying to figure out how to load my ST2.5 sound library into ST3 if that is possible.
Judastree

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:08 pm

ST2.5 and ST3 should be considered as different software products. So no automatic replacement is possible.

But first we need to get the ST2 library into ST3. (Note that some editions of ST3 already include all the ST2 instruments - have a look in the ST3 Browser). To get the ST2 library (or SonikSynth or SampleMoog etc) into ST3 you should use the Import feature - see 3.3.1 in the ST3 User Manual. You will also need to Import the ST2.5 Combis if you need them - see 3.2.1.

To convert your projects from ST2.5 to ST3, you might try this:
    -- make a back-up of the project,
    -- open the project, save the ST2.5 settings as a Combi,
    -- disable/bypass the ST2.5 plug-in, insert ST3,
    -- Import that saved Combi into the ST3 Browser (ST3 refers to it as a Multi),
    -- Load that Multi into ST3,
    -- do an A/B comparison between the 2 plug-ins to check the similarities / differences,
    -- when happy, remove the ST2 plug-in from the project,
    -- save the project with a slightly different name.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More