Offline Authorization Impossible?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Offline Authorization Impossible?

Postby galileeprod » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Here is a copy of what I sent to Customer Support this morning:

Look. I've been trying since yesterday to authorize Alan Parson's Imperial Grand OFFLINE.
For the first 4 hours the system got stuck at "please wait."
Now I'm getting this message:

"Authorization not needed. Alan Parsons Imperial Grand has been registered in your account."

All I want to do is use what I paid for TODAY, in 30 minutes, in a session, at my studio where the computer is OFFLINE. What the hell do I have to do? I've followed all the instructions.
galileeprod

Re: Offline Authorization Impossible?

Postby garfy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Hey galileeprod

Sorry you're having an issue with this. Having never needed to use offline authorisation, I'm poking around in the dark here, but I'm guessing the manager hasn't given you the "Authorisation.xml" that's required after you've gone through the procedure online.

If it's really urgent and you can't wait for support to get back to you, maybe you could try starting the offline procedure again. It might eat up one of your (10) authorisations, but it'll be worth it if you get the xml this time, so you can get on with the project.

Computers, eh? :roll:
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby galileeprod » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:46 pm

That's exactly it. It's giving me an xml file for Sample Tank, not Parsons. I've tried restarting the whole process several times. Very frustrating, no response from support.
27 hours now since I paid for this...
galileeprod

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Note IK Support will typically reply within 24 hours, and there is currently no specific outage noted on the offline authorization system. The xml may likely be correct stating SampleTank, instead of one for each library, but they would be able to advise on that. What is your ticket number?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby galileeprod » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:59 pm

As far as I know I have no ticket number.
I generated the Authorization Request file from within Sample Tank (initiated by double-clicking on Alan Parsons Imperial Grand) on the 'offline' computer, transported it to the 'online' computer via thumb drive, double clicked on it and entered the serial number for Parsons.

For 12 hours yesterday the system got stuck at "please wait..."

Today I'm getting the whole "Products not authorized: Alan Parsons Imperial Grand...Authorization not necessary..." thing.
galileeprod

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 pm

That means you likely used the "Sales/Service" form which does not open a ticket with the technical support team. That is for general customer service and those will get a reply via email but not as quickly usually.

I would suggest opening a tech support ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support (choose computer products, then SampleTank as each library will not be listed there) and fill out the other details and they'll surely fix you up! Thanks
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby galileeprod » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:13 pm

We'll see. This is really preposterous.
galileeprod

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:17 pm

I know it is frustrating when things do not work right out of the box, but as stated above there is currently no general failure happening with the offline authorization system and our tech support team will happily assist you with the issue you are having and I'm sure they will do so in a gracious and expedient manner.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:19 pm

galileeprod wrote:It's giving me an xml file for Sample Tank, not Parsons.

I'm not being glib, but have you tried this xml file to see if it actually unlocks Parsons?
garfy

Postby galileeprod » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Yes, several times. It will only authorize Sample Tank, which I authorized years ago. I've regenerated the Authorization Request several times.
galileeprod

Postby garfy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Fair enough. I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.

Support will help you out I'm sure. Just keep an eye on your tickets for their replies. When they do reply, the ticket will then automatically show closed. If what they suggest doesn't work, you'll have to reply back to the same ticket to open it again.

When you have a working system, can you reply to this thread with whatever it was that fixed the problem, just in case someone else has the same issue in the future.

Good luck.
garfy

Postby galileeprod » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:45 pm

[mod redacted - please reply to your support ticket/representative as the forum moderators do not handle such requests]
galileeprod

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More