Activation Troubles / Can't Connect to IK's Website!!!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Activation Troubles / Can't Connect to IK's Website!!!

Postby jonrey100 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:14 pm

This problem seems to be a long-standing issue. I've had the same problems for several days. Initially I was attempting to buy a product a few days ago, and could not due to some issue that locked up the page. Then when I exited and attempted to log back in, I could not access any ikmultimedia page from any device using WIFI. I was able to complete the purchase by signing out of WIFI and using my cell connection.

Yesterday whatever the block was on my PC continued. I could not use Authorization Manager either. I was finally able to access the site this AM. Only then could I download the software.

There was something screwed up with my password, so I attempted to reset it. Ok my computer this failed quickly when I reset the password, then attempted and failed to be able to log in. This failure also continued to make Authorization Manager fail. There are no error messages with these failures to help solve the problem. It just fails.

So right now the software runs only in demo mode. Additionally, I sent a message yesterday and again this AM and have yet to get a response. I'd attempted and failed to call to get a real human only to find out no one is there because of the virus. I guess no one on the staff at home has a phone. Great.

This nonsense is absurd. Whatever the issues are have obviously been issues for a long time - back to 2018. How about dealing with these issues and also supply some type of help continuity to at least give customers - you know, we who pay your salaries - some clear direction? Why not just post the solution HERE? You're not answering the phone or any messages. Is everyone too busy??
jonrey100

Postby garfy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:42 pm

Hello jonrey100 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles. However, if you are on the board posting then, as you say, your password hasn't failed and you are connected to IK's website.

jonrey100 wrote:Additionally, I sent a message yesterday and again this AM and have yet to get a response. I'd attempted and failed to call to get a real human only to find out no one is there because of the virus. I guess no one on the staff at home has a phone. Great.

IK Support endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual. There is no phone support available, everything is through the ticket system. This is not a technical support forum I'm afraid.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:58 pm

jonrey100 wrote:So right now the software runs only in demo mode. Additionally, I sent a message yesterday and again this AM and have yet to get a response. I'd attempted and failed to call to get a real human only to find out no one is there because of the virus. I guess no one on the staff at home has a phone. Great.

This nonsense is absurd. Whatever the issues are have obviously been issues for a long time - back to 2018. How about dealing with these issues and also supply some type of help continuity to at least give customers - you know, we who pay your salaries - some clear direction? Why not just post the solution HERE? You're not answering the phone or any messages. Is everyone too busy??

This is not an issue on our end. The site is accessible. You can test this on sites like https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ikmultimedia.com

Also note that IK does not (and did not before the current events) provide tech support via phone. The ticket system has worked very well for years to get people taken care of efficiently and expediently. They will assist you soon.

You may want to check your local network settings, especially your HOSTS file on your computer (or settings on your router that could potentially block traffic to/from the IK sites) as that is the culprit many times. None of our software makes changes to that file but other software may. You can also contact your ISP/provider if you are not familiar with other methods to diagnose issues with your connectivity to web sites like traceroute and similar.

I understand you are frustrated but please do not let that get the best of you as we require civil conversation here per the rules and this user-to-user discussion forum will remain that way through enforcement if necessary.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:05 pm

I've been informed by the support team that your ticket has been resolved and you verified that, so this thread can be closed. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More