Studio One 4, MP2, Can't load anything

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Studio One 4, MP2, Can't load anything

Postby spillihpnoel » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:40 am

I am so insanely frustrated with trying to load up all the instruments into MP2. The app itself pulls up fine and pulls up in my DAW (Studio One 4) easily, but no matter what I do, read, or watch, my MP2 app will NOT even recognize the sound packs. Nothing loads up. I've spent hours looking over everything and trying every possible solution I can find online and in the manuals, and nothing works. My (windows) computer isn't the problem either. Someone please help me. I keep reading where IK's customer support isn't very tentative, so I'm hoping someone has the answer, otherwise this was a waste of money that I'll never get back.
spillihpnoel

Re: Studio One 4, MP2, Can't load anything

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Hello spillihpnoel and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you have run into. I must that that hundreds (thousands?) of people have MP2 and are using it. It is not a waste of money.

Anyway, let's check a few things
(a) did you download all the Sounds Library files? (they are available for 180 days, so keep them on a back-up drive so that you do not need to pay the Reactivation fee)
(b) did they all install OK?
(c) what folder path did you select during the Sounds Library install?
(d) does that folder contains "Instruments" and "Samples" sub-folders each with loads of MP2 sub-folders / files in them?
(e) did you select that top-level folder in MP2's Settings?
(f) you might need to rebuild the cache database (click the circular arrow button at the bottom of the MP2 Browser).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby spillihpnoel » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Yes. I did all of that stuff several different ways (trying different methods that worked for other people too) and still nothing. No matter where I put the files for the routing in MP2, it absolutely would not pull them up. And I know for a fact that I installed everything correctly.
spillihpnoel

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:28 pm

Thank you. As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (normally weekday business hours). And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More