Miroslav Philharmonik 2 will not load sounds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 will not load sounds

Postby tiptoegirl » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:24 pm

I have just bought an irig keys IO 49 I downloaded philharmonik and Syntronic
I'm having trouble getting Philharmonik to install the sound library. I unzipped them with keka as stated in other forum entries but the installer still says it cant see them. I've tried manually putting them in the right folder at which point it builds the library and sees them all but fails to load them.
osx high sierra

uninstalled as it was doing my head in.

tiptoegirl
tiptoegirl

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 will not load sounds

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 pm

Hello tiptoegirl and welcome to the forum.

Did the Syntronik (and its sounds library downloads) install work OK?

Just to check - you did download and install all the Philharmonik sounds library files, as well as the software install itself?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 pm

Please also only post the same post once (it is referenced in the forum rules too). Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tiptoegirl » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:01 pm

thanks for the replies. Yes Syntronik worked fine and yes I downloaded the sounds too. It would not install them and when I put them in the right folders it builds the library and I can see them but it fails to load them.
tiptoegirl

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:40 pm

OK, it could be that the files are not in exactly the right folder. The instruments that you see in the Browser are actually the instrument definition files (.st3i file extension) - they are installed at the same time as the software program and plug-ins. The sample files (.pak file extension) need to be in the right place in the "Samples" folder.

Both Syntronik and MP2 use the SampleTank 3 folder hierarchy. There should be a single top-level folder, with sub-folders for Instruments, Samples, Patterns etc. The Instruments and Samples sub-folder contain further sub-folders for the various instrument types. As in this example:

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/G37nPFq.png

Both Syntronik and MP2 should be pointed at the top-level folder in their Settings.

Can you post the full path names to the instruments and samples for both Syntronik and MP2?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby tiptoegirl » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Yes I put them in the folders as shown in the picture. As I said it found them but said it couldn't load them.
tiptoegirl

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Time for a Support Ticket, then.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re: MP2CE, Sampletank3SE, Syntronik will not load sounds

Postby jazzyanne » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:38 am

Hi
Same issues. All my instruments worked several days ago, now they don't. It must be a folder issue but I've jumped through many hoops trying to fix it but no luck. Hope there is help here.
I've read and tried all these post but this is the first cry for help.:)
Any suggestions that haven't been tried yet?
Thanks
jazzyanne

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Can you post the full path names to the instruments and samples for both Syntronik and MP2?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby clarityprod » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:12 am

Ive had this issue for months. Bought this thing and was looking forward to using it. Never have I been able to get the samples and instruments library to load. I have tried everything you can think of and NOTHING. Im so [mod edit: expletive deleted] off at this point. I have moved the libraries around trying to find a place where the program is happy with them and nothing works.
clarityprod

Postby garfy » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:51 am

Hi clarityprod

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

As the OP hasn't responded in a while the best thing to do would be to check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mroekalea » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:02 pm

Can this be solved once and for all, I keep on spending hours installing this thing as the product manager doesn't install it correct default.

Please fix this! :evil:
mroekalea

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:25 pm

mroekalea wrote:Can this be solved once and for all, I keep on spending hours installing this thing as the product manager doesn't install it correct default.

Please fix this! :evil:

Please contact IK Support and they will assist you. It installs for many with the Product Manager so they will likely need your information about your system to see what is happening specifically to you and to find any common factor among those having the issue if there is to be a global fix for those folks. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby peligrosini » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:38 am

I am on Windows 10 trying to run MP2 and having the same problem installing it and loading the sounds.
First i had to roll back to version 2.0.5 in order to load the program, now it doesnt recognize the sound library. I have moved it eberywhere trying to see if it loads but nothing. Everything was working fine in a old computer. ;-(
peligrosini

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:49 am

I doubt that the cause of the problem is exactly the same.

After rolling back to v2.0.5 to fix the VPA issue, you need to reinstall v2.0.6. Can you let us know the following?
-- the path set in MP2's Preference Settings
-- the full paths to the MP2 instruments and Samples on disk

(And if you still have it the same info on your old computer.)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More