Trigger effects from iRig pad?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Trigger effects from iRig pad?

Postby moshymoshy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:21 am

Is it possible to set up Sampletank 3 so that hitting a pad would trigger an effect e.g. to enable an effect just for a bar/measure? Something like a 'pattern' which is only full of midi CCs instead of notes? I'm thinking a bit like the 'remix' pane in the iOS Garageband app, where you can suddenly trigger the track to be bitcrushed, reversed or whatever. What's the closest Sampletank can do?
moshymoshy

Re: Trigger effects from iRig pad?

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Hey moshymoshy,

Thanks for your post!

First off, great user name. To answer your question however, I will need some more information. What effects are you planning to use? Are these the SampleTank effects or outside of the SampleTank software. Also, what platform do you use (Mac/PC or iOS)?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby moshymoshy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:25 pm

So I'm thinking of Mac/PC rather than mobile platforms.

I'm imagining a performance scenario, wanting to trigger a 'macro' of a sequence of effects - just the sampletank internal ones, I don't care about external effects.

Imagine: Hit a pad, and for the next bar/measure, the filter cutoff sweeps down, meanwhile a big reverb goes from dry to wet. That kind of thing. Pre-canned, triggerable, control of effects.

Does that make sense?
moshymoshy

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:08 pm

moshymoshy wrote:So I'm thinking of Mac/PC rather than mobile platforms.

I'm imagining a performance scenario, wanting to trigger a 'macro' of a sequence of effects - just the sampletank internal ones, I don't care about external effects.

Imagine: Hit a pad, and for the next bar/measure, the filter cutoff sweeps down, meanwhile a big reverb goes from dry to wet. That kind of thing. Pre-canned, triggerable, control of effects.

Does that make sense?

Yes, this certainly does make sense. While this would be possible using MIDI CC/PC messages or Note On/Off messages, unfortunately we do not have any direct suggestions on this topic.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More